Lebanon Football Thread 2009 [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by FCMB, Sep 1, 2008.

1. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    3-2 Sri Lanka :D :D :D

2. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
  3. india1

india1 Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Canada
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    cant believe lebanon lost 4-3 to sri lanka

4. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Ya FCMB lesh mich tay2o la emile ?

5. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    بدي أباركلو على الخسارة المشرفة من منتخب سري لانكا العظيم

6. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Jonny what do we need to do to go to the semis?

On another note, I have been noticing that Lebanon can definitely hang against big nations imo in quality but fitness wise we really need to make progress. Against Sri Lanka we were 2-1 with 10 minutes to go and conceded 3 goals. Against Kuwait the same thing happened we gave up our lead. Emile Rustom needs to make these lazy ********s to start running or the same thing is going to happen.

7. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    No semifinals , only finals. 7 points could be enough to get to the finals.

1-1 now

8. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Losing to Sri Lanka,drawing with Kyrgyzstan?

Where we want to go?

Some years ago we saw Lebanon almost kicking South Korea out of WC drawing in Beirut and right now we see this.

Ok that some guys aren't playing,but this is ridiculous.

9. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    well, primarly the problem with Lebanese football is politics. When you have politics involved in it, you are limiting your potential as a football nation. You have teams in Lebanon that you know are backed by politicians which is unfair for other teams. Not only do we have a problem with politics, we have a problem with infrastructure. There are not enough fields for youngsters to play on. We have a lot of up and coming players that can make it in Europe in my opinion but their progress is always halted when they get to the senior level because of the quality of football. Another problem in Lebanese football is that the sport is semi-professional, players get paid shit money to play. Now even though football players should have passion for the game and play no matter what but If you are getting 600 bucks a month how the hell are you going to live. Another issue that I will bring up is we need more quality coaches. We saw how Roda Antar and Youssef Mohammad went to Germany. when both of these players were playing in Lebanon, there was a german coach at the time in Lebanon coaching Sagesse club and that is how they got their name out there. The coach saw them and sent Roda to Germany to Hamburg. If we as a nation are going to make it football we need to be all together in it and not separated by politics. That should be our first step.

10. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
  11. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    That's the Syrian team, here's the Lebanese

21-Elias Freije; 19-Ali Hamam, 24-Bilal Cheikh El Najjarine [C], 2-Ali Al Saadi, 8-Mohamad Korhani; 14-Amer Khan, 7-Hassan Maatouk, 15-Ali Yaakoub, 17-Mahmoud El Ali; 13-Akram Moghrabi, 10-Abbas Ahmad Atwi

Unused Substitutes:
    1-Lary Mehanna, 4-Hussein Amine, 5-Hassan Daher, 9-Hussein Dakik, 16-Mohamad Baker Younes, 18-Hamze Abboud, 22-Mohamad Ghaddar

3-0 or more for Syria

12. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Emile's clowns are down 1-0.

13. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Indian TV should show some picture of my friend Emilie. I'm missing him today. :(

HT
    Lebanon 0-1 Syria

14. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fire emile rustom! Who in the blue hell loses to sri lanka? And draws freaking kyrgzstan.with all due respect to this countries!

Our current football era makes days of the king papken melikian a golden era.

15. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The reason for lebanese football going so backwards is because of no development plan.
    Lebanese NT used to be mostly armenian, vartan papken korken kevork 4 important figures in the past. Then there was naturalization of brazilians in 2000.
    Lebanon never brought that great of players. Mousse hjeij is shi3a hence why he was the most popular lebanese football player, but his skills were never ever close to papken melikian. Papken is like 10 times the player moussa ever was.

16. zgharta dot com

zgharta dot com New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    London
  17. Lovefutball

Lovefutball Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Any updates on football in Lebanon?

My dad was just in Lebanon and I had asked him to pick me up some club jerseys as well as a national team kit, but he said he couldn't find either...how reflective.

18. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Maybe he just didn't look, just like you didn't look at the Lebanon 2010 thread.

19. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    lol.... I am coming to change Lebanese football.

20. Lovefutball

Lovefutball Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Calm down, hot shot.