Alert: League Forming: Kicker Managerspiel Pro 2013-14 (fantasy soccer)

Discussion in 'Germany' started by The Friendly Ghost, Jul 11, 2013.

1. The Friendly Ghost

Jul 24, 2007
    It's that time of the year: I have founded a league in the Kicker Manager Game (PRO). Search for bigsoccer.com to find the league on www.kicker.de (games, Managerspiel Pro) and join it (make sure you name your team). The league opens on August 1, 2013 at midnight Berlin time, so be sure to sign up before then so as not to miss the first transfer period. We can take a maximum of 18 players total.

Consider joining the fun. First of all, it is free. Basic rules (assuming they haven't changed materially) are that on August 1, 2013, you will be assigned a team and given millions in virtual cash. Your team is randomly assigned. Most players are of the scrub variety, but some are quite useful. At that point, you can decide to keep some (or all) of your players, or sell some or all of them and receive cash for them. You can than take your stash of virtual cash and buy any unassigned player you want through an auction process. However, other players may also bid on players, so if you want someone, you'll have to make sure your bid is the highest (it's a blind bid process, so you don't know what other teams are bidding, although you will know if you have any competition for the players). No player can be owned by more than one team in our league. So if you want Lewandowski, you've got to be the highest bidder. I believe you need a minimum of 14 or, and you can have a maximum of 18 players. There are several transfer periods before the season starts on August 9, 2013 in which you can purchase available players. Once the season starts, you can select your starting line-up from the players your bought/retained (which line-up you can change every week), and after each game, a new transfer period opens up, which allows you to buy or sell additional players throughout the season. There's a points system that is based on on the kicker rating system for players (plus points for startng, playing, player of the match, goals, assists, red cards). Each week has a winner (the team with the most points), and there is a cumulative table as well to determine the overall champion. If we get 18 players, we can also do a head-to-head league (where you "play" one team each week, in addition to the regular competition, with the team with the most points winning and getting three points, just like the regular BL table).

Any questions, comments, etc., post here, and someone will help.
    P.S. Last year, we also had 1.BL and 2.BL interactive leagues (in the interactive league, you pick a team at the beginning of the season within your assigned budget--multiple teams can own the same player--and you play with that team for the whole season, although there is some limited transfer activty allowed at the winter break), but there wasn't much interest. Accordingly, unless there's a strong sentiment to the contrary, I don't intend to form interactive leagues this season.

2. Klaus77

Klaus77 New Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    Is this still open for registraion?

3. The Friendly Ghost

Jul 24, 2007
    Klaus77: Yes, you can sign up through the end of July (and you can sign up after that, but the first transfer period will be on August 1).

As of yesterday, we had four teams sign up so far. Sign up your team today!

4. spatz

spatz Member

Feb 3, 2013
    I would also like to become part of it. I already applied via kicker.de. The more the merrier by the way, it would be great to see more participants.

5. The Friendly Ghost

Jul 24, 2007
    Thanks, Spatz. I just accepted two more players, so I'm assuming you are one. We are up to eight players. There's a ninth in the works (he's on vacation but tells me he wants to join). Would love to get many more players (we've got room for nine more). So please sign up. There's a number of players who have consistently played and haven't signed up yet so I hope each of you joins us.

6. The Friendly Ghost

Jul 24, 2007
    The last transfer period before the first game has closed. We have 14 teams this year. I'll try to keep the league updated here for anyone with an interest.

Note that it is not too late to join. You'll be stuck with your kicker-assigned team the first week, but there will be multiple transfer periods after that to reinforce your team.

7. The Friendly Ghost

Jul 24, 2007
    Just as an update, we are now maxed out at 18 players. Good luck to everyone!

8. spatz

spatz Member

Feb 3, 2013
    According to the rules, it is possible to change the tactical line-up. Right now, I am playing with the preset 3-5-2 formation, but I would like to switch to 3-4-3. I don't know how to do that though.

Would appreciate your help.

9. The Friendly Ghost

Jul 24, 2007
    When you have your team on the screan, in the upper right left hand part of the screen is a box which says "Taktik." Under that box it says "Andern," or other. Click on "Andern" and you'll get your choice of a number of different formations. Click on the one you want to use. The game will automatically move players in and out of the lineup to accommodate your choice of lineup, but you can then select the players you want to use by clicking and dragging the player to where you want him, e.g., MF or sub's bench.

10. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Congrats on Dana for winning the Manager League with Hajduk. :)

You created a very strong team: Ter Stegen-Rodriguez,Dante,Hummels-Müller,Götze,Sahin,Reus-Son,Lewandowski,Brandt
    Subs: -,Spahic,Kolasinac-Werner,Jojic-Drmic

:thumbsup: