League Championship News & What Not

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by IvanIV, Mar 22, 2015.

1. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just a few comments from me. pulling for swindon and brentford. the latter because i love the little guys causing a ruckus. the former because their opponent can eat a bag of dicks.
    also, i can't say i'm bothered about wigan doing the drop. never have liked them and always thought they were a waste of space that a more interesting club could occupy (from their premiership days). i always liked roberto martinez, though, and i couldn't start actively disliking them until he and kansas city favorite roger espinoza left the club.

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    ok ... let's get this right (I've only just seen this thread) ... the criteria utilized for making this list is utterly jacked up. they've apparently neglected such crucial categories as 'pubs', 'the walk up', 'soul', and others prime determinants in ground quality. and for things like catering? where you leave your piss?!

Given the glaringly obvious failure of listing Griffin Park anywhere lower than #1 (let alone 23rd!), I am hereby declaring this list void and without bearing. Hillsborough, Portman Road, Craven Cottage, the Valley, and Carrow Road should round out the top quadrant, and everything below is negotiable. to be fair, they did get Wigan just about right.

fear not, Myshoe, i'm not suggesting that modern need be bad, and all I've heard about the New York has been good (I've only seen it from the outside), so a spot near the top of the second quadrant is certainly a possibility. Coming off a few too many years at the godawful Don Valley, that's not too bad. oh, and let's get another thing clear ... there is no way any ground stuck out beyond the edge of town on some old industrial site is getting in the top half. yeah, i'm talking to you, Derby, Bolton, Wigan, and Reading - I don't care how much damn leg room you have.

now, i'm open-minded enough to let other folks determine things like 'whether the Macron is better or worse than the iPro - or rather, I don't really care. but let no man operate under the assumption that the DW Stadium and Griffin Park have any qualities in common - even as mundane as proximity on a list - beyond being places where folks can watch football.

I hope this contribution has been helpful.

You're welcome.

3. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and you just know their gonna get bounced if they do go up. i was unaware of them getting a new ground and i vaguely remember someone saying that they would most likely ground share if they did get promoted. oh well. in a perfect world you'd have to play in your own ground if available and it wouldn't matter how many seats you have.

4. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The abandoned Blackpool v Huddersfield game has been declared a 0-0 result because they want games to be "decided on the pitch" (just like when they docked us 3pts!), the precedence is set.. next team your team need a draw or better invade the pitch in protest when the score is favourable. I hope Huddersfield appeal it on principal.

IvanIV repped this.
  5. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate the pigs. He he he he.....

[​IMG]

PNE or Swindon Town...?

6. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    another season (at the very least) at Griffin Park, then. I certainly don't mind it; but it would've been nice for them had they been able to go up. for a club their size, just competing at the sharp end of the championship is pretty impressive. I have a hard time seeing them match this season's performance next year without Alex Pritchard.

... and they will not have Alex Pritchard.

IvanIV repped this.
  7. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

COME ON TRACTOR BOYS!

8. baseballbert

baseballbert Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Middlesbrough v Norwich, is it winner take all at Wembley or are there two matches?

IvanIV repped this.
  9. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    One game, winner promoted. if even at 90 minutes, it goes to two 15 minute periods of extra time. If still level after 120 minutes, it goes to penalties.

IvanIV repped this.
  10. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    poor little Ipswich Town.

11. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IvanIV repped this.
  12. baseballbert

baseballbert Member

Jun 18, 2014
    QPR, Burnley and Hull City, back to the Championship.

13. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    QPR are likely to get hit with a huge fine for breaching FFP during the season they went up.

IvanIV repped this.