LDU Quito, Part 3 (r)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by Gourcuff_07, Nov 26, 2010.

1. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    After that I didnt hear too much about him and looking back at the last 5 fixtures he only played twice and came off bench both times did he get injured ? He tends to have some inconstancy.

And what about Madrid what happened to him he barely played or appeared on bench for la Primera etapa.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Madrid began falling off end of 2015 season. He wasn't better than Pervis Estupinan. That's for sure. Quinteros although a bit inconsistent at the beginning of the year is still better than Madrid. Quinteros in the last few games seems to have gotten himself together and now he's recovering his form. Anyway, Madrid SHOULD be playing now unless Edison Vega or a juvenile take that left back position. Either way, Madrid needs to prove himself before making it back to the starting line up. I'm disappointed in his performances the last 8 months.

In OTHER news, Jonathan Gonzalez MAY sign with us. What amazing news!! One thing I will say is that Diego Morales looks like he's out if Gonzalez signs. Gonzalez says his first option is IDV b/c he knows he will recover his futbol there and that's home to him (what a smart kid!), but he acknowledges that he's in talks with Liga and is interested in joining. I hope this isn't a big expense. If Morales stays then we don't need Gonzalez. If he leaves, then sure let's get Gonzalez on loan. I just hope we're playing smart with our money. Jeez honestly Daniel Angulo being signed was the ST*PIDEST thing EVER. Why do we sign him AND Anangono??? And Tenorio on the bench AND we have Congo. Shoot we only need Anangono, Congo, and a juvenile TBH. Swear all these strikers have very similar characteristics and Liga isn't even the type of team to play with those type of strikers. Anangono is a good signing, but Liga's STYLE is more into players like Jonathan Alvez, Claudio Bieler, or Hernan Barcos.

Players like Puch, Morales, Aleman- all the type of players that are suitable to Liga's style of playing. Gonzalez and even Guerrero are too. But why sign 3 big boulders up front? Since when have we done well with strikers like that? Smh Esteban.....you were on the right path with players, then you sign a stupid coach like Borghi. Now you got yourself a better coach, but not the right strikers. Let's get it together!

I'd honestly give up Daniel Angulo AND Anangono just to get Alvez back. And give up Guerrero, Padilla, Chucho Bolanos and Villalba just to get back Puch.

Luigi408 and javer repped this.
  3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #1003 javer, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    I said the same thing about our strikers they are all the same and make me wounder how we would use them. And its true these guys are not really our style. They would shine and fit in most teams Barcelona back then, El Nacional, and other team in Ecuador. But not really Emelec, Liga or even Barcelona now. When Anangono, Mina,Borja, Castillo, played with us we had serious issue scoring and letting point go. Now we have 3 guys that play almost the same. And playing with two target men upfront wasn't too effective when we tried it in the past.

I have respect for Tenorio but to sign him for 2 years just so he can retire with us was to much we didnt do that with Salas or Ambrosi. Angulo I was not a fan from the start. And now Anangono ? Hey might as well get Borja and Narciso they are free too!

OMG I would give up all those players In a heart beat no questions asked. Actually I would give them up to bring back Ramis and Alcoba. Or just Barcos and call it a day.

I seriously think we need to renovate our squad I know these guys still have a part in our team but Vera, Araujo, Reasco, Ternorio, Bolanos, Julio Ayovi have to leave (some more than others) lets bring in new blood to this team and build a strong team all over again.

4. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I just heard Alexander Dominguez is going to Monterrey, Liga MX.. is this true? Can someone here, confirm this? It feels kinda weird he won't be in Quito anymore.. cuz that's the only team he knows.. just like how FC Barcelona is the only team Lionel Messi knows.

5. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anyone watch yesterday's game? I catch some of it online. Kinda hard to see but they played good. Cevallos really has made a difference in the way Liga plays. Way better through the middle. What Liga is missing is a good forward cause my goodness Tenorio is freaking horrible. The defense is also very shaky though I don't trust it at all.

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We lost key players right now:
    Puch- the guy that would put not just good futbol but freaking heart and balls into our team has left. He even shined in CA and won it with Chile. That's the kind of player we had in our squad. Too bad we had to let go.

Dominguez- A leader and an idol of our team. Enough said.

Morales- Despite the few who criticize him because he didn't have a good semester, he was ALWAYS a very important player in Liga. The reason we got to the final last year was 3 things- that amazing defense of the Primera Etapa, Jose Francisco Cevallos Jr., and Diego Morales. That's all I have to say. People are quick to forget, but Morales was vital in key games last year. Him and Cevallos were/are by far the best players we have in our squad. Thank God we still have Cevallos.

Pervis- The best juvenile we had since the injury of Hansel Batalla. This kid proved in 1 year that he has enough potential for European ball. One of the most promising left backs we have in our country along with Gabriel Corozo. He benched Madrid and at times benched Quinteros. That says a lot. The kid's got amazing potential. Hopefully he fully blooms in Europe.

Right now we got Anangono, Guerrero, and we are a step away from getting Jonathan Gonzalez. Looks like all ex. Leones Negros are coming to Liga. All good players. Anangono is one of the only target men I'd accept to be playing in Liga. He did really well in 2014 despite some criticism. The dude has explosiveness and decent speed for being a target man. He moves well with the ball for a big guy and if there's one target man I welcome to the team it's him. Tenorio....sure, as a thank you. But what is Angulo doing in our squad? Not Liga's type of striker. And why do we have Congo anymore if we aren't going to use him? That's why I believe Angulo was the biggest waste of time to even sign. For that you get a slap on the head Esteban. You dumb MF!

I agree with a previous post I saw here....there's certain players that need to go. Julio Ayovi, Luis Bolanos, Javier Villalba (who doesn't even really play), and a few others. I think Luis Romero isn't the same player he was when we signed him. His performance level has been descending. Araujo....his age. NOW it's finally becoming evident. I don't know what Zubeldia did to make Araujo and Vera play like 20 year olds during his time in Liga, but now that he's not there they don't perform the same way. I'm surprised Canga has trouble completely taking over the starting role. I would've thought by now that he could take control of it. Shows he's not ready. Hopefully a juvenil can beat Julio Ayovi out of the starting role in left back position. Not a fan of that player. Glad to see Cevallos BACK! He may not have Morales next to him, but Aleman will be his key guy to connect with. I still think of how amazing it would've been to have Cevallos-Morales-Aleman-Puch all on the field again IF we only had a better coach in the first half of the year. If only Zubeldia had them....My God...

This is the team I am hoping for:

Viteri; Quinteros, Canga, Araujo, Madrid; Intriago, Benavides; Gonzalez, Cevallos, Aleman; Anangono

Glad Intriago is now more in the picture. Sucks we don't have Hidalgo, but oh well. Intriago deserves his time to shine, the kid is good. Benavides better hold it down as a #5!

7. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I loved Morales too he gave us a good two years his last season wasnt good but at least he left in good terms with us hope he does well in tigres.

Puch it really disappoints me we didnt use him to his full potential. this guys a beast. Loved watching him play with Chile. Im glad he made it back to the NT playing in Liga that kind of a rare thing that a player from our league plays and wins an international cup with a team like Chile should be a record in Liga book for that. Hope he tears up liga mx too.

Dominguez got a lot of positive feed back on his fist day of practice people welcomed him with open arms cant wait till he plays his first game with him.

Pervis? I havent heard any news from his transfer is he in England now is he training with his team? Anyone know ?

I like Anangono too I just hope the team is in sync and that we score goals and create chances we need the points.
    I hope Guerrero plays well he can actually score too but I think it will take time since he hasnt been playing too much and hope he doesnt run into disciplinary issues.

Tenorio will most likely be our sub or the striker who plays along Anangono. So as Angulo will most likely only play as a sub or when Tenorio is injured. He will be our back up. Congo I have no clue what going on with that kid he is not in the reserves has rarely appeared on bench so not sure whats up.

Our situation reminds me a lot about what happened to Man U after Ferguson left. After years of glory we havent been able to be the team we use to. Thing is Man U still isnt the team they were before they are still trying to renovate and rebuild the squad. With us we haven't completely done that so once our champion players retire we have some serious work to do.

Canga hit some sort of obstacle not sure what but he has time he got the starting position in liga for a while played in the NT and when he stooped playing at club level not even Vizuete knew why. He still has a lot of maturing to do but has time.

O and us signing Gonzales look like it wont happen IDV want him and I dont think they will give him up so easy I honestly rather have him play with IDV to watch him play Libertadores He could be such a vital player for them against Boca and if they win thats mean IDV in the Libertadores Finals. He is much better than Julio Angulo and would be more interesting to see.

O and dont forget we will be signing a foreigner up to now no names have been mentioned but hope its a good player I think we will only be signing one.

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I have a feeling if Viteri does well he will be more deserving of a NT call up than Banguera. Azcona and Dreer are the best after Dida, but I know when Viteri gets in rhythm he is better than Banguera. Let's see how he does.

9. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Would be interesting to see but I honestly dont see Quinteros picking him over Banguera, Dreer, Azcona. Maybe with a different coach or Vizuete who called him up when he was younger and was a starting GK. But Quinteros I dont see it happening.

Banguera (Experience Which is why I think he chose him for Copa America)>Viteri
    Azcona (He is in the best moment of his career)>Viteri
    Dreer(Has Quinteros favoritism He knows him and has been a good GK in el Campionato for a while)>Viteri

Not to mention that Piedra might be more deserving and a better call for the long run if he continues to improve.
    But if he does well he should fall into the top 5 GK maybe even 3 in el Campionato.

Liga wont sign a foreign GK they said if they do it would be some one from la Seria B but they said Nazareno seems promising and they trust him to fill in for Viteri if he is not able to play which I think is smart.

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    True. I agree. What I meant to say is if Banguera, Azcona, or Dreer aren't available, will Viteri be an option assuming he performs well in the campeonato? I think yes. I think he is better than Banguera to be honest. Whenever Viteri has filled in Liga for Dominguez, he's done an exceptional job. It's actually sad that Viteri matured in Liga while riding the bench. Before his days in Liga he was a struggled keeper. He developed A TON in Liga. Anyone remember Viteri of Emelec and D. Quito? It completely scared me to hear his name on the NT. But in the last 5-6 years he's grown A LOT as a keeper. Banguera is lucky he doesn't have much competition in BSC. Quite honestly, he is on a descending level. Anyone can take him out the list with some good performances. Only thing saving him is experience and nothing else.

This is actually a convo we had earlier in one of these threads....Dominguez kept on evolving and progressing in his career and Banguera did the complete opposite. He started shrinking as Dominguez grew. That's why I always laughed at people that would say Banguera is better than Dominguez.....How and why? lol. If Viteri can perform well in these 6 months I hope Quinteros gives him more attention than Banguera. The best are Dida, Azcona, and Dreer. Banguera should not be on the list.

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Banguera started faking death on the field too....that's when you knew it was all over for him. lol.

12. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yea to this day I still remember when he played vs Brazil and we lost badly but its true he did grow alot since then. Im mad Lanza never gave Bangurea any real competition or even Aragon when he was there. Lanza is capable of taking his spot away if he is not careful and part of me hope he does I liked him when he played in Deportivo Cuenca he just never developed further I was hoping he would do more when he returned from Italy and especially when he joined Barcelona after playing for Manta but o well he 34 now.

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ahhh Liga wtf!!!!!!!! :mad:

14. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
  15. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    It happened in early June. I follow him on instagram and when he was training he still followed the team uploadfromtaptalk1468265409571.jpg and pulling for the boys. I hope this signing pays dividend.

16. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    In early june I was still hearing speculations on who the third foreign signing would be and what position it was mostly talk about us looking for a foreign GK or a foreign replacement for Morales. I didnt hear much about us looking for a defender.

He ninjaded his way in lol. It seems like we got him on free transfer. He has some NT team experience played in mexico is 23 years old he looks like a good player to me and a back up in defense wont hurt us at all.

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    John Narvaez= excellent signing. He can play as a right back and center back. Great move by Liga this time!

javer, Luigi408, LDU4ever and 1 other person repped this.
  18. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anyone watched the game today? I don't know how we won it. Seriously. The game freaking sucked. Great goal though! Cevallos coming through!

19. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    We did Barcelona a huge favor.

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Whatever. I want to see us go against them in the final.

21. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Im glad he is coming to our team and I hope he grows as a player. I see him mostly in CB for us. Romero is in a slump. Narveaes and Arias could be a good duo in back. My line up for Liga.

Viteri
    Quinteros, Narvaes, Arias, Madrid
    Aleman, Cevallos, Benavidez, Intriago, Guerrero
    Anangono

Gutierrez better learn how to use Cevallos with Aleman. He always playes him after Aleman leaves.

22. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Guitierez might be leaving Liga. I dont think they should kick him out now. I know the patience is thin but to rebuild and fix all of Ligas issue is going to take a ton of work I said it multiple times and switching from coach to coach isnt always the answer. His stats arent bad 5 wins, 4 ties and 3 losses I think he has had. He pulled us out from the bottom of the table.

Unless we have a world class coach that we can afford lined up and waiting to take over I dont think we should let him go. Maybe at the end of the season because now even with a new coach results wont come instantly. If he is helping us move up in the table then lets continues then next season we look for a new coach, players, etc.

Another thing is that we are just now getting our new signing eligible to play so lets give him at least a little more time.

Luigi408 repped this.
  23. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah. Another coach in such a short period of time is not good plus no time to actually fix any of the problems. I don't get it.

24. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Per the Web

"Álex Darío Aguinaga es la primera opción que manejan los directivos de Liga de Quito para reemplazar a Álvaro Gutiérrez, técnico uruguayo que trabajará hasta hoy en el conjunto albo.

'El Güero' está actualmente en Deportivo Cuenca, donde ha podido realizar una gran campaña que lo ubica en la quinta posición con 31 puntos. Desde el 2015 en el cuadro morlaco con un proyecto que tiene satisfechos a los directivos.

Otra de las opciones son Rubén Darío Insúa y Carlos Ischia, ambos argentinos y con pasado y presente en el fútbol ecuatoriano.

Recordar que Aguinaga acabó su carrera como futbolista en Liga, llegó en el 2004 proveniente del Cruz Azul y colgó los botines un año después, se coronó campeón del Apertura 2005 con la casaca blanca."

javer repped this.
  25. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Insua and Ischia are good coaches but IMO I dont think they would do good in Liga. Aguinaga I dont mind him being an option but Like I said Id rather see what he does in Cuenca first he should stay there for a while and see how he does there. Again this would be better to do next season.