LDU Quito- Part 2 (2009/10)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by LDU4ever, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: La Liga de Quito (r) PART II

well the bigger question now is...Assuming Manso and Bieler do leave in June, then who do we replace them with? And who will fill the Navia/Chengue spot that was squandered....Basically the team will get a huge facelift this summer and the process will begin again. I seriously hope Mamita Calderon is not offered a contract renewal because he is just awful. I kept throwing my shoe at the TV when Calle touched the ball, HE SUCKS, period....we need one solid Ecua defender, and need those extranjeros to compliment the talented base of players that we do have....

2. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

That was a ugly game to watch.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

a barcelona fan??? hahahaha barcelona is nonexistant. My whole fam are liga fans son....

All these barcefags do is replay videos of 1998. It will be the year 9998 and all they'll have is videos of the 1990's b/c by then the team will have disappeared. We should make you guys a museum cuz all you are is just a memory. People remember champs not 2nd place teams. Get on our level....you guys are probably still watching Family Matters and The Fresh Prince. R.I.P Barcecopia 1998.

if yall even dream of being in a liguilla/libertadores/sudamericana you should wake up and apologize.

and calling us Once Caldas got overplayed like the 90's era videos your always watching.

4. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Idk y there is so many Liga bashing,I bet the ones who are the doing the most bashing were more excited than the real hinchas de Liga. Liga ya le dio el pedo a todos los equipos de Ecuador. El mejor equipo del Ecuador de todos los tiempos for now.And Im not even a Liga fan.They still have tournaments to play and put the country's name en lo alto.They still have la base they just need to reforzarse con 2 o 3 jugadores de jeraguia,instead of picking up barlceloca rejects like Danny Vera and Miller Bolanos,,it is there where they f!cked up.

5. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Lmao

6. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

You guys are talking too much about once caldas, but at least el once made it to the next round the year after they won la copa, so I wouldn't be talking so much as always you guys do... Liga basically hizo el ridiculo this year so face it my friends...

7. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Well, in LDU's favor they took out Pachuca and held up Man U to a 1-0 scoreline. With no Bauza and missing key players like Bolaños and Guerrón also hurt them. Still, they lost and now I think we should all hope Cuenca takes down Boca tonight and we see one Ecua team making it through. If Boyocá lose then all of those amazing Colombian clubs will also fail to make it as well.

8. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

Right but Boyaca was not the "amazing" last champion, that's the big difference

9. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

a champ is a champ is a champ....nothing will take away last year's glory, we're lacking serious attacking options from several spots and the team is about to be restructured soon..huge changes have taken place over the past few months and have really changed the face of the team, it's going to change even more and we have to be patient...

10. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

Ditto..
    Anddddd
    Lol at colombo coming to the liga thread...

11. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

ke les dije ;)...the boss sends the dumb goon to take the fall...

where to begin....so your saying once caldas is better than Liga?? jajajajajaja despues de esta vas a desir "thats not what I meant" jaja desde el 2005 no juega copa Liga ya va 13 participaciones once cladas no ha kedado campeon Liga ya ha kedado campeon de campeonato y de otros torneos once caldas tuvo cupo para la final Liga jugo contra pachuca...you sir fail at life....you said they made it to the next round...since when do you get a copa for that?? defender la copa is going to the final..they didnt make it and havent tried in a while...ridiculo?? not really maybe to you...not for me cuando no hay ekipo no hay ekipo...este ano salimos campeon...next year vamos a dar pelea mientrastanto parcero tomese una gasiosa porke la edad para una pilsener no te da ;) y recuerda ke la envidia no te mate...

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Lol I don't see how this Colombo kid came in to attack Liga...no one talked trash about Once Caldas besides the barceloca fans.

The only people who need to end the jealous feelings are the barceloca fans. They hate on any underdog that makes it just b/c they can't win a Libertadores or even participate in one.

But Liga= King of Ecuador for a while now. Get used to it....or you can keep whining, crying, and complaining.

13. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

jajajjaa, dream on buddy ;)

First of all I think we are joking around but with respect and that's pretty cool. That colombiche guy just makes me laugh though. I mean as much as I hate liga, they are 10 times better than 11 caldas. the caldas victory was a total blooper. Barcelona was much more than them in the round of 16 that year and they won by penalties. Liga has a serious process going on, having them as a team that has done well in the copa for various years now so it's not coincidence like the other case..
    Anyways, with that on top Barcelona is and will always be liga's daddy :cool: . When we go to copa we rarely get eliminated in the first round. Even if we are having a bad streak we usually pass it. And now Cuenca saco la cara por el pais e hizo lo que liga no pudo jajajaja....grande, bien Cuenquita, salvando los muebles y nuestro prestigio. Demostraron mas casta y jerarquia que los otros 2 equipos chicos que nos representaron este anio, el d. taxi y las azucenas :p

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

And I might add again....where was Barcelona in this tournament??? no where to be found....and the funny thing is Cuenca took their spot last year to be able to participate in Libertadores hahahahaha...and now your cheering them on...disgrace of a fan to the "wanna be idolo team".

and Barcelona is Liga's daddy?? LOL Liga doesn't look up to mediocre teams who "almost" win a cup. We bring the cup home.

15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

As Spencer said, there's not really a serious comparison with Once Caldas. They've never been a factor before or since their victory a few years back. Whereas Liga has regularly made the 2nd round of the Copa for the entire decade, I think the mid-2000 teams with Edison Mendez, Alfonso Obregon and Tin Delgado in his prime were even better than last year, but back then Mora was the goalkeeper and that guy made some brutal mistakes.

If anything, I think the issue should be (as I've mentioned before) Liga's total lack of reinforcement for this year's squad, after selling guys like Guerron, Bolanos, and Vera, as well as the million$ they must have made from winning championships and playing in the FIFA club cup -you'd think they'd be able to get 1 or 2 solid reinforcements at least to keep the level of previous years. Liga right now has very little effectiveness on the wings and even less up front, it's frustrating to watch, especially after so many years of quality, attractive football they've been displaying at all levels.

16. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

haha, how funny I cant even remember el once played that team...

I just remember beating sao Paulo, Santos (Diego's, Luis fabiano's and Robinho's Santos) and Bianchi's Boca...I guess all of them were much more than el once too...

17. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Yeah but only with Barcelona and Boca Juniors they needed penalties to win.
    And if the away goals rule was active that year (I think they started it the year after that), Barcelona would have qualified ;). So that proofs those where the hardest wins in Once Caldas' blooper run :D
    Get informed before you compare or assume things mijo

P.D. Remember Barcelona's butt rape in Cali, the last time we where matched up with america ?

18. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

who else is going to see Liga-recife tonight? I am...this could be a good chance for some players that havent had any time in the field. Also Vera is not on the starting team in america...Liga sure needs a player like him.

19. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Not me, I'll be working. :(

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Anybody here hear about Ulises coming back to Liga...I was a big fan of Ulises back in the day but I got to be honest....he's wayyy too old for Liga now. And If Enrique Vera wants to return, hes WELCOME BACK!! Damn I miss seeing Vera play. I'm surprised Esteban Paz didn't consider wanting el Chucho Bolanos back in Liga....what a dumbass.

I am also hearing that Mendez and Castillo are also being considered when the transfer windows begin to open again around June/July. I hope we get BOTH along with Vera, although that is asking for too much.

21. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Castillo is a possiblity, MAYBE...Mendez is a fool's dream if PSV use their influence to get Mendez to extend the contract, their coach considers him an invaluable piece to the PSV scheme and honestly, that is fantastic, I love the fact that he is finding massive success there, especially after a few ups-and-downs. As for Bolanos, he's too expensive for Liga to have to re-purchase, that'd be ridiculous to spend 4 million bucks on him because we'd lose a quarter of the money we earned last year on him alone, plus his salary would be the highest in Ecuador...he will be going to Boca I'm sure. Vera is a maybe as well, it depends on how America values him, but Vera recently said in an interview that he and his family were accustomed to living in Quito and that they miss it, etc....I hope he returns. As for DLC, I'd love to see him play in Ecuador, he is always welcome in Liga, and if anything, he'll just add to a deeper bench, realistically, he won't start over Araujo, Reasco, and Campos. I think he's out of a contract so Liga doesn't have to pay him a cent in a transfer fee.

22. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I was hearing la rumba deportiva (a radio show here in Ecuador) this morning, and it's confirmed. Ulises is back in Liga. He said it himself in the radio.
    Do you have any links for that Vera interview you mentioned?

23. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I found this in the MB forum...

Quito

Vía telefónica desde México, Radio La Red conversó con Enrique Vera. Obviamente la conversación inició con el tema de la influenza porcina que mantiene en alerta al planeta entero. El volante paraguayo aseguró que las cosas se están llevando con calma, y que el gobierno mexicano esta realizando esfuerzos máximos para controlar el virus.

“La gente está preocupada, mi familia acá también, pero con las medidas que se están tomando, la tranquilidad se está recuperando de a poco. Esperemos que esto no se convierta en algo mas grave”, aseguró el paraguayo campeón de la Libertadores con Liga en el 2008.

También fue muy sincero al momento de hablar sobre el lamentable momento que atraviesan las Águilas. “Estamos pasando un momento muy crítico, tenemos un gran plantel con muchos nombres, pero como equipo no funcionamos, hace como cuatro meses que no ganamos. La verdad todavía no me acopló del todo al fútbol mexicano”.

Sobre el inconveniente suscitado al ser sustituido en el último partido en su equipo, Vera reconoció que se pasó de revoluciones y le dijo un par de cosas que no debía al cuerpo técnico. Pero asimismo aseguró que ese carácter es el que le ayudó a ser un baluarte en la U y uno de los mimados de Martino en la selección paraguaya.

Recordó con nostalgia sus tiempos en el fútbol ecuatoriano. “A mi familia sobretodo le gustaba y estaba ya completamente adaptada en Quito. Ya vivíamos cinco años allá. Yo me sentía un ecuatoriano mas, en serio.” Y este sería uno de los factores por los que el aguerrido volante estaría contemplando una posibilidad de regresar al equipo azucena.

“Sería muy lindo regresar a Liga, cada vez que escuchaba en las radios o en la tele, o leía por ahí que jugaba el campeón de América, me llenaba de orgullo y me sonreía solo, ya que inmediatamente recordaba toda esa época gloriosa”, aseguró el incansable guaraní, tan extrañado por las gradas de Ponciano

“Sería lindo también por mi familia, por todo lo que pasa por acá. Ojala algún día pueda volver”, finalizaba Enrique Vera su conversación con Alfonso Laso, mientras se despedía enviando saludos a toda la fanaticada del equipo de la estrella dorada al que algún día podría defender nuevamente.

(DEO)

24. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

I think Liga needs to look ahead, not backwards. Seriously - starting with Fossatti, De La Cruz, now thinking about Vera and Mendez. They need young and hungry - not a bunch of guys that already reached their peak and are looking to go back to Quito to spend time with family.

This year's campaign has been frankly, pretty embarrassing. Only the 2nd defending Libertadores champion ever that didn't make it to 2nd round the following year. But it's not a shocker because there doesn't seem to be a vision on building a future or getting new blood. They've just been trying to recycle used goods.

In a way, it's understandable because the nature of Ecua football is that players are difficult to replace due to economic constraints. But it would have been better to get eliminated while giving a bunch of younger guys the opportunity to get experience, instead of guys with no future prospects like Mamita Calderon and Chengue Morales.

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Yeah your right, Mendez would be extremely hard to get. I think the same goes for Castillo too even though I'd like for him to play in Liga. I'm pretty sure Castillo would like to move to another team and continue his career in Europe.

We should start putting an eye on foreign players right now b/c theres not much to select right now since lots of the young good players from the past U-20 NT now have a team to play for. And on top of that all our mid-aged/experienced players all have teams in foreign countries/in other teams in Ecuador....