LDU Quito- Part 2 (2009/10)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by LDU4ever, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: LDU Quito

Liga beat Inter in Brazil last year and than return to Quito and beat them again to win their First Recopa..or am I wrong?

2. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Yeah it was like that.

3. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

Liga de Quito is simply the best team in the continent whether you anti-Liga haters want to admit it or not. Watching yesterdays game I think that without a doubt the starting right back at the national team should be Neicer Reasco. Jorge Guagua should be partenered up with Jairo Campos and then our team will be nearly complete we just need to wait for a good young GK. Most likely John Jaramillo or Manuel Mendoza.

4. The_Expert

The_Expert New Member

Aug 30, 2010

I think Liga and Inter are about the same now. Estudiantes and Santos are a step-down.

Estudiantes MUST win the Copa Sudamericana. If they don't, I think they will disappear again.

NOW I know why this victory seems very impressive: this is the first time since the Recopa of 1998 (played in 1999) that a non-Argentine team lifted a title on Argentine soil.

It has been a good while since that has happened.

5. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Bauza, un entrenador que colecciona títulos

El argentino Edgardo Bauza se convirtió en un coleccionista de títulos al proclamarse campeón de la Recopa Sudamericana con el conjunto ecuatoriano LDUQ.

More...

6. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Please tell me you are joking about Reasco??? hahaha good one there...Reasco, unless he turns back the clock by 3 years, he is not the answer. Last time I remember from Reasco in the NT, the Uruguayan and Chliean attackers were running rings around him. Peaple complain that Paredes didnt mark his man, that may be true, but Reasco cant keep up with world class attackers. If he goes up against guys like Messi, Suazo, Forlan and Suarez, and the vast multitude of Brazilean attackers, they will make him his b*tch. Reasco performed well in the NT in his day but we have to look elsewhere now-namely Ibarra who should get a shot.

I agree that Campos should get his shot-not appoint him the undisputed starter, he will still have to compete with Hurtado, Morante and whoever else Rueda decides (Caicedo and Checa unfortunately). As for Guagua...he can still hold his own, but the same apllies for him-compete for the spot.

7. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

lol what are you talking about dude, first of all were you watching the same games everyone else was, if you saw Neicer Reasco play against Brazil in quito last time you would surely not be talking shit about him. Reasco is the best option on the right and not a bad option. He is impressive both attacking and defending his strong, fast, and marks and takles brilliantly. Ibarra is honestly the best 2nd option but his not at Reasco's level his to weak and looses easily against quick or strong players, example against Mexico he did good when that shitty player Oswaldo Minda would help him in defence but when he was left on his own against guardado on the 2nd half he got owned by that shity mexican player. the good things about ibarra are his long range shots and his passes that is why he played many games as a midfielder for universidad catolica this year.

about Campos and Gugua, I believe their the best 2 I've been following Hurtado, Campos, and Guagua's games for the past 4-5 months and realized their all great players but hurtado makes real bad mistakes sometimes while I rarely saw guagua and Capos commit the types of mistakes Hurtado has. Morantes? just a joke the guy hasn't done anything, yeah he is sort of good and I want to see him play as a starter in the next friendly's but definitely not compettion for guagua, campos, and hurtado yet. also I think Ivan Hurtado might be a good last option at the moment.

8. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Reasco is at an age where he has his ups and downs...he's not reliable anymore for the long-haul. Remember him in the Suruga? He was getting eaten up by the Japanese players....and in the campeonato local he's had some amazing games and some that make me wish he rode the bench that day. He's still great for Liga and MAY be able to contribute in a handful of games for the seleccion, but I can't see him going through the whole Copa America/Eliminatoria/Possible Mundial cycle. But it's still too early to tell.

9. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

In reference to the game in Quito against Brazil...you're talking about a player's performance from nearly two years ago. You are right, Reasco was playing at a high level but lets be honest, his game has declined a bit since then. The point I'm trying to make is that Reasco is not the answer...we have to start grooming somebody for that position, Reasco is 33 yers old, by the time WCQ starts hell be 34, and by 2014 hell be 37. I agree Ibarra has flaws but all I'm saying is he should get a shot. You cantdiscount a player as an option based on one performance.

10. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Who knows when conmebol updates the information and scoring of the teams in their website? If Im not wrong, Liga should finally go up to be historically on top, passing Barcelona de Ecuador right?

Who knows this?

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

have you even seen reasco and guagua this season? if anything this has been their first really good game. You can't judge from one game and say they should be on the NT. Now, if they continue to play well then we're talking...I agree Guagua and Reasco were sick against Estudiantes but it's too early to draw conclusions

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Reasco could possibly be a sub. I think it's a gamble having him as a starter in the NT for the coming Qualifier, I could be wrong. On the other hand, theres still players like Walter Ayovi who I can see contributing for another 2 years of pretty good futbol until he begins to decline.

13. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Anyone knows when teh Conmebol teams point table will be updated? i want to know if Liga will pass Barcelona in the historical stands

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I'm pretty sure we already did after winning the Recopa.

15. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

anyone know who this Joao Plata?

16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

no but do you know who Joao ROSAS is?

17. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Joao Plata is supposed to be the next big thing coming out of Ecuador. and Guess what? He plays for LDU. Shocking you don't know.

18. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

who are your sources...Ive never heard of the kid...did he ever play for the U-18 or U-20 team???

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I just read about him now. Bauza said Alexander Pavon (Ulises's nephew) is supposed to be the next big thing in Ecuador. I don't pay attention much to what Bauza says until the players make themselves worthy of his compliments on the field. In the past decade almost, the only 3 impressive forwards that have come out of our cantera are Carlos Tenorio, Franklin Salas, and Luis Bolanos (if you wanna count him as one). According to what Bauza said, he's the Franklin Salas type player. If he's anywhere as good now, then he'll be someone to watch out for. I'm still waiting on Luis Batioja to get his ass on the field once he's ready and recovered from that injury he had a few months back.

here's what Bauza said:
    “Joao es un gran jugador, destacado en su juego, tiene un desequilibro en lo individual realmente muy importante pero es un chico muy joven que tiene que aprender a moverse bien en la cancha, a diferencia de las libertades que pueda tener en su división, la verdad que estamos muy contentos con él, hay que protegerlo, de ir llevándolo de acuerdo a su crecimiento, seguramente van a ver mucho más, aun no ha mostrado toda su dimensión, es un jugador desequilibrante en los últimos 25 metros, hay que tener paciencia porque va por muy buen camino.”

ldu.com.ec

20. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I know but i want to know when it becomes official, and by how many points

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

it's official. I just read it yesterday but i forgot to put the link up.

22. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

avisame when you find it, since I was lookign today at the conmebol site and they still havent changed it.

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

it's literally becoming a habit to screw up in the last few games of the tournament. Otherwise the last 2 years we would have won the campeonato. DAMMIT LIGA!! disappointed

24. ldu7

ldu7 New Member

Dec 21, 2009
    queens new york
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

wasnt the gol in the beginning of the first half??
    i didnt watch the game and when i turned it on it was like the 80th min..i saw the gol that that referee didnt count..liga didnt deserve to win by any means but come on it should have been 1-1. i honestly cant point out one players fault for losing (well maybe Reasco but that has become usual)...it like they arent even trying to win...come on we have tough games ahead and we cant afford to slip up or else we will have no libertadores this year again

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

liga ALWAYS slips when they get in a comfortable position. ALWAYS.

it's like they WANT a challenge and then end up screwing up in the end. we were like 8 points ahead or something the other day. and now Cuenca is a point away from. damn liga...