Lazio in the Europa League

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by Rob_420, Aug 17, 2011.

1. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Almost there...

2. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  3. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    You're in! I really didn't expect it this morning. Very good for Serie A.

4. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Yup!

We made qualifying a chore but we're in. The boys played well today, Sporting's one real chance came off Bojinov freekick which Bizzarri parried away with one hand.

Diakhite made a great run on the second goal and Sculli calmly finished the run.

Hopefully we can avoid the 2 Manchester teams as I think we can play with anyone else in the competition.

5. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wheres the Sporting Lesbian fans at now? Half our team were second string players tonight.

Seems like they ******** off and have nothing to say. Reminds me of Merdista's

Laziale e Fiero

6. geeko79

geeko79 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Toronto
    well, for your info, our team was a 3rd string team. 4 juniors to start, our leading goal scorer watching from the stands, 2 strikers that ride the pine and one of them is only 18 and a goalie that doesnt even sit on the bench and other fringe players that play as subs. we had first in the bag, no need to play all the starters. congrats on the win. the other 2 teams werent deserving in my opinion

7. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    2 of our starters were also juniors and some werent even 2nd strings, but 3rd string as well.

Still, there wasnt 1 game Lazio got dominated in this league. Not 1 and to not advance would had been unjust.

A good response from you geek, I was expecting some of your peasants to come back.

1 person likes this.
  8. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woo. Bring on the knockout stages.

9. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    I was very impressed by Sporting's Dutch duo in Schaars and Van Wolfwinkel. Especially Wolfswinkel who is a promising young player, he scored a wonderful back heel in the first meeting between us.

We're both through, who knows maybe we meet again in this crazy competition.

10. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    From a Napoli supporter...congrats boys...well done and best of luck next round!;)

11. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bit of a tough draw with Athletico Madrid, both teams have quality players especially in attack

if you pass you face either last year's runner up or a good turkish team

good luck either way

12. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It will definitely be a tough matchip. Lazio has the quality to take it, but this one is up in the air in my opinion. Betters beware.

13. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Terrible performance losing 3-1 at home.

I only saw the last 25 mins or so but Athletico played us off our own pitch. It was always going to be a struggle with that baclkine. But after grabbing a lead we sohuld've nursed it, you can't give up away goals so easily.

Kudos to Athletico they were far superior from what I saw.

14. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rubbish performance.

Was only in the game from 45 minutes to 60 minutes. After the third goal the team did not make any attempt to get back in the game. Atletico were much better in possession and technical ability. They were more fluid and they were helped by the fact we were so poor defensively missing both Dias and Radu. Lulic did not play either.

The lack of reinforcements from January hurt us. If we go out at least we can concentrate on the League solely. Honestly I do not even see the point of qualifying for the Champions League if in the Europa League we look completely out of depth. Playing like this we would only embaress ourselves in front of our fans.

15. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How does Millions of Euro's sound to upgrade the team in comparison to a few thousands to qualify for Europa.

Half our team was injured today and I hope Atletico dont think they are better than us. I would have liked to win Europa, but Champions League qualification still pays more.

Now Biava is out 2 weeks, all Europa is doing is handicapping us for our push for Champions League. Do I really still want to be in europa league?

16. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    haha cl qualification udinese thought the same thing and they got arsenal and they were out. no offence but what makes you think you are better then 3 rdplace in france or 4th place in germany england or spain.

17. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I do not care about the money if we are going to lose again in the group stage of Champions League. There were loud boos and whistles tonight. No Lazio fan enjoyed that and it was embaressing.

Last time we qualified for Champions League we did not upgrade the team. Ballotta was playing in goal. We finished bottom of our group and it had a negative effect on our league performace.

18. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    first of all you tit, the top 3 teams get an automatic qualification to champions league meaning we would not have to play that qualification to group stages.

second of all, Udinese didnt care about champions league. Did you see them reinforce the team? or did you see them sell Inler and Sanchez just because of money.

Third of all.. get the hell out of this thread. Worry about your own team.

19. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Taib, you dont know what your talking about. So according to you, you would be comfortable to finish mid table just so you dont have to see Lazio battle the best among Europe.

Do you still see Ballotta in net? Lazio has changed drastically since that year and im surprised you have no ambition for our team

20. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    no you idiot only two get automatic and third go through play off and i m trying to help you i got a interest in lazio because of lulic but if lazio thinks that they will go to champions league with this team without buying anyody is an idiot we saw what atletico did to you

21. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yep, just the group stages alone(depending on tv rights etc.) can earn up more than going through all of europa league and winning it which is kinda sad

from my point of view, probably not
    cause securing 3rd place or getting a playoff to CL will still generate more than the group stages of Europa

22. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Actually the third place team does not get automatic qualification. The third place team would still have to play the qualifying round.

23. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no need to throw insults around, in addition lazio fans have already stated certain afflictions concerning the result

24. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That is not what I said. If Lazio are going to battle the best in Europe then they should get properly prepered. At the moment Lazio do not have the quality to even play good in the Europa League never mind the Champions League. That is clear. We only just managed to scrape though the group stage and now in the first knockout match we got totally owned.

Lazio might have changed drastically but the same rubbish performances in Europe continue. At the moment, we would embaress ourselves in the Champions League.

The January mercato made the team even weaker so I hope for a good summer mercato bringing in reinforcements for all areas of the team.

25. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For ******** sakes. it is 2+1 . Still Bosna .. get lost. Lazio is not like a taxi cab,, you get on and get off. Do not take interest in Lazio, No part timers appreciated, unsubscribe. Just because of Lulic? Bosnia will never qualify for a major tournament so I dont know why you are concerned about Bosnians doing good.