Lavelle NYT article

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by olelaliga, Sep 29, 2017.

1. olelaliga

olelaliga Member

Aug 31, 2009
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/sports/soccer/rose-lavelle-us-womens-national-team-.html?mcubz=0

I have watched Lavelle's career since the 2016 u20 WC. I am not completely convinced that she will have the strength and durability to really make a long term impact. I hope she does because I see her as in the model of the technical creative players I would like to see appear on rosters more frequently.

I also had stated that I thought she might have been disappointed in her senior performance at Wisconsin due to her lack of productivity. I got flamed...

"What is the next evolution for you?

Something that I take away from college is that I don’t think I did enough, I wasn’t productive enough for Wisconsin. I don’t think stats are the be-all and end-all, but I don’t think I scored enough for them, or created enough chances. So I want to work on finishing, creating more chances in the final third."

2. Airox

Airox Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a good interview. Most interviews are a lot of fluff. There's actual opinion and detail there!

And not the drama creating kind of opinion.