Latest Scandinavian club signings 2004-2005

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by Bruiser, Dec 15, 2004.

1. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    I don't think Selakovic would consider going to Denmark or Norway.

If the money was important to him he would have looked for other clubs in Europe, he made enough goals+assists during his time in Heerenveen (24 goals in 106 games) to still be a target for any lesser club in Holland, Belgium, even the championship in England were the money is even greater then in Denmark.

In fact if you consider that he has started on the bench quite often and has been used as a winger/attacking midfielder during certain periods I think his rate/game is quite okay.

2. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Zidan to Werder Bremen...

The Danish Superliga Player of the year 2004, 23-yo forward, Mohamed Zidan, has transfered from FC Midtjylland to Werder Bremen on a 6 month loan deal, with an option to sign a 4 year contract.

It has not been disclosed how much Bremen have to pay for the loan deal, but FCM would hardly part with their star player ½ a season for a small fee. The rumour in Bremen say that the Germans have to pay €800,000 for the ½-year loan deal, and according to the same rumours and Danish newsmedia, then Werder Bremen have to pay a €3 million transfer fee when they sign the permanent deal with the Egyptian Star forward..

The reason for Bremen not wanting to sign Zidan straight away, could be due to the fact that Zidan still risk 18 month imprisonment in Denmark for buying a very expensive stolen watch...

3. yetosh

yetosh New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    i'm not sure i understood the part about the stolen watches- if he will be found guilty on court, he could be jailed for 18 months? And when will be the jury's decision?

4. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    It's actually only one watch, but a watch with 173 diamonds that has only been made in 12 copies world wide. The price/worth only goes up after you buy it, so it's worth atleast $21,000 (see at the bottom of the link)...

http://www.dubey-ure.dk/index.php?id=31

He already got a sentence from beating his girlfriend a few years back, a 2nd sentence (only 4 days ago), losing his drivers license for not keeping the speed limits and then he will stand trial (perhaps within a ½ year from now) for buying this stolen watch. He risk a sentence starting with a huge fine opto 18 month in jail, depending on the jury's decision... It should be said though, that in Denmark they will not punish him harder because of his other two offences, since they are not of the same sort, and he has never been caught neither steeling or buying stolen goods before, so he will most likely only get a fine or a very small sentence without having to do jail time... But you never know...
    ----

As for the loan deal with Bremen, then FCM gets €800,000 and Zidan gets €400,000. If Bremen then decide to sign a permanent deal, they have to pay a €3.5 million transfer (with Zidan probably getting the €0.5 million). So It will be the 2nd biggest tranfer ever payed by Werder Bremen.

5. Snokus

Snokus New Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Stefan Selacovic have signed a 3 year contract with IFK Göteborg. This after rejected the offer from Djurgården due to "social reasons".

The price is said to be about €250.000

6. yetosh

yetosh New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    tnx ceres.

according to Sky Jonas Troest from Silkeborg is on target by Villa and P'mouth. is he that good ("described as one of the best young stoppers in his homeland")?

i watched Mff's 6-0 win in the Pilsen cup, and saw Elanga is still playing their left defence flank. wasn't he supposed to make his big move to europe after the championship?

7. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    Elanga re-signed with Malmö. Appearently he couldn't get any better offers.

Other transfer rumours today:
    AIK's out of favour goalkeeper Håkan Svensson to FCK
    Southampton's Anders Svensson will not stay (his contract runs til this summer) and seems to be talking to both home club Elfsborg and to IFK Göteborg
    Helsingborg's former teen-age wonder, canadian Atiba Hutchinson, is talking with russian FC Saturn. The clubs have already agreed on a transfer deal.

And 6-0 on a midtable dutch side, live on Eurosport, was kind of cool.

8. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Almost done deal: Stefan Bärlin (28yo) is on his way to the newly promoted Tippeliga side IK Start. The striker has already agreed on his personal contract and he's expected to be in Kristiansand to check out the conditions today. He scored 23 goals in the Swedish Superettan last season for his club Västerås SK. He has also played five seasons for clubs in the Swedish Allsvenskan, thereamong IFK Göteborg and Djurgården.

- I think Start, as a newly promoted side in the Tippeligaen, is a side that will fit me very well. I'm looking forward to the challenge, he said to «Fevennen».

9. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Done deal: Steffen Iversen (28yo) decided to sign a 1 year contract with Norwegian Tippeliga side Vålerenga IF, after finnishing his 1/2 year contract with the Oslo based club in December. Since the January transfer window opened, the star striker has been connected with 7 other clubs, thereamong FC Barcelona and SS Lazio.

10. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland

This stops the bleeding for Vålerenga somewhat. Until a Russian team wants to buy Arnason. It's a matter of time! :rolleyes:

11. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Arason you mean :p Hehe yes. But I doubt it. Arason would be too expensive.

12. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    Djurgårdens IF have targeted Ibrahim Ba as a potential replacement for Andreas Johansson, Ba who played for Bolton Wanderers last season is currently training with the team for a potential move.

his career stats can be found:

Ibrahim Ba

He was included in the squad for france in -98.

13. Jombajomba

Jombajomba New Member

May 23, 2002
    Heerenveen signed Lasse Nilsson as well. Poor signing for them imo but maybe he'll improve, who knows...

14. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    A club should always be very careful when trying signing older once great players. Especially when they havent played much league football the past seasons. I'm sure Ibrahim Ba will be very expensive and he hasnt played many league games the past 5 years ! ...

A bit like when Lyn Oslo signed the 32-yo Brazilian midfielder Edmilson (though not the famous Edmilson ;)). A very expensive signing, but at the end he was among the absolute poorest players in the VG ranking..

Danish OB Odense also had the 31-yo former Argentinian International Pablo Paz on a trial for 10 days last year, but he had not played all that many league games the past few seasons so OB simply didnt find him good enough to sign a contract..

http://www.vi.nl/vi/show/id=40053/dbid=1628/typeofpage=40054/sc=338d63

15. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    DONE DEAL! :D Hammarby finally agreed on letting Karl Oskar go and today he signed a three year contract with Ålesund FK. He agreed on his personal contact with Ålesund already in December, but the two clubs haven't been able to agree on the deal, before today :) I have to admit, I was beginning to fear that Ålesund wouldn't be able to sign him, but thankfully it all worked out.

They wouldn't disclose how much the transfer fee was, but I suspect it was in the proximity of 1.5 - 2 million NOK. The reason for the fee being so low, is his health. He got auricular fibrillation before a match last September and hasn't played since. But luckily he's now recovering and hopefully he'll be fit to play when the league starts again in April.

16. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    I disappeared off the face of the football Earth after leaving Olympique de Marseille and failed to earn a place with AC Milan.

Should be a decent move.

17. kwik1980

kwik1980 New Member

May 27, 2003
    Norwich, NY
    Alvbåge to IFK Göteborg is official. 4 year deal, no terms disclosed.

Kalmar FF have resigned the Brazilian contingent from last season. 1 year deal for forward Dedé Andersson, who wound up tied for 4th in the Allsvenskan with 10 goals. He may well have won the scoring title, if not for a suspension he picked up late in the year for an incident in a game against AIK. Also re-upping were forward Cesar Santin (3 goals last season), and midfielder Fabio Augusto (3 goals last year as well). Those 3 accounted for 16 of Kalmar's 27 goals last season, en route to a 5th place finish in the league.

18. Herou

Herou New Member

May 23, 2004
    Sweden
  19. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    TORJUS HANSÉN (32)
    Norway
    Defender
    Rosenborg BK > Odd Grenland
    Free transfer
    Info: The versatile defender who can play all four position in the defense is out of contract with RBK and decided to sign a 3 year contract with the Skien club.

20. Gutan

Gutan New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Benjamin Kibebe (23)
    Sweden/Etiopia
    Defender
    AIK > Tromsø
    Free transfer

21. Kroldrup

Kroldrup Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Mexico, but Danish
    as previously shown in soccer24-7.com, i'm venezuelan/danish, and i ofcourse need to be informed about my other nationality.

Fernando de Ornelas would come from Olympiakos Nicosia, Cyprus. He definetely is very fast. He would be the Dennis Rommedahl of South America ;)

22. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Bosnia player to Herfølge

The bottom club in the Danish Superliga, Herfølge, have signed the 24-yo Bosnian right winger, Bojan Tadic (U23/Olympic NT, 2 caps) as a Bosman player from the Bosnian top flight club Borac Banja Luka, where he played 35 games and scored 5 goals last season.

23. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Jeffrey Aubynn to Hammarby

According to the official AGF website, AGF have sold their 27-yo winger, Jeffrey Aubynn, to the Allsvenskan club Hammarby for an undisclosed figure. The highly rated former Swedish international (4 caps) has signed a 3-year deal with Hammarby... Due to many injuries, Aubynn never became the big success AGF had hoped....

PSV talent to AaB Ålborg

The Superliga club AaB have managed to sign a 3½-year contract with the Danish U19 NT captain, Michael Jakobsen, from PSV Eindhoven. The very highly rated defencive talent, was signed on a 3-year contract in 2003 by PSV and Frank Arnesen (who is now sports director in Tottenham). According to onside.dk then Arnesen still belive Michael Jakobsen is going to be a future Danish NT player and praise AaB for making an excellent deal.. The transfer fee has not been disclosed by either of the two clubs..

24. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    Stig Tøfting has signed 1-year's deal with BK Häcken in Sweden. This is the second "big" name player Häcken has managed to sign up after the signing of Swedish national team defender Teddy Lucic.

Stig Tøfting is 35, so I don't know what impact he will make, but however Sören Åkerby (Coach of Tøfting's previous club) was always sad to see a player of his quality to leave AGF. So maybe he can still provide the goods who knows.

What do you guys Thunderstorm and Ceres think about him, is he a overrated over the hill player? Seems strange that Åkerby was so keen to keep him if this was the case I mean?

25. Finquin

Finquin New Member

Jan 1, 2005