Lateef Omidiji at Go Ahead Eagles (The Netherlands)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, May 20, 2014.

1. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    I have "a proof".
    http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26877
    "USSF have assigned a mentor, Borussia Dortmund's Christian Pulsic, to him and the 2017 U.S. Soccer Male Player of the Year calls Omidiji regularly to make sure he is doing okay"

feyenoordsoccerfan and Winoman repped this.
  2. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    The furor of the Nigerian youth national team marketing program has done us in, I’m afraid. First my grandmother’s retirement account, now this !?!

3. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Worth noting that despite all the marketing/hype surrounding him, he did not make the Nigerian roster for the (recently finished) U-17 World Cup.

Tom Collingsworth and Rahbiefowlah repped this.
  4. His entourage are running out of time. They hyped him from kid on, but now it's getting into tangible data territory and they turn into the emperor without clothes.

UniversalAdvice and PhillyFury repped this.
  5. You need more than hype. All of a sudden Nigeria discovers they've got a topscorer in the Eredivisie who's eligable for them:
    [​IMG]
    Cyriel Dessers. © BSR Agency
    Heracles-coach temt hype rondom topscorer Dessers

6. Another example of Nigeria con industry involved in football.
    [​IMG]

According to OwnGoalNigeria Ol. Marseille is preparing a 20 million €€ offer for sc Heerenveen's Chidera Ejuke, who's just half a season there.
    I think the SC Heerenveen have him wrapped up ready for OM to take him with them.

7. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  8. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Winoman and Rahbiefowlah repped this.
  9. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
    headed to unlv to continue his career and study medicine

10. PhillyFury

PhillyFury Member

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Jan 1, 2004
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And so it goes. He's what, 17 now? If anything he seemed articulate. Anyone ever hear how he did in those U.S. camps? He was called in for one, I believe...Was there ever a more juiced hype campaign for a player??

11. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Regularly.

12. PhillyFury

PhillyFury Member

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Jan 1, 2004
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought this one was off the charts, with all the "press reports" of interest not only from European clubs, but the creme de la creme, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea....

13. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    UniversalAdvice and PhillyFury repped this.