Landon & Timmy: Everton v. Sunderland 1/27/09

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by NBlue, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    OK, I gotcha, no problem. It did not sound that way when you first wrote it.

2. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably didn't. I'd have to check the original time because it was either really late or I was at work. Either way those words get jumbled 'cause I'm either tired or neglecting work! :D

3. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I DVR'd the Premier League Review Show today and I found myself watching his 80 yard sprint over and over and over and over again. He's so f**king fast. DAMN. There were two guys going full speed and he went from behind them to several feet in front of them.

That's a fast white dude.

1 person likes this.
  4. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Around what time in the match did Landy make that run?

5. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, I erased it. Um, well I know it was definitely in the second half. That's a 30 minute window. ;) Other than that, I really can't say what minute. I'm sure someone else will remember though.

Edit: BBC doesn't show the time, but the run does start at 5:15 in the MOTD highlights posted by Yanks Abroad: http://watchsocceronline.blogspot.com/2010/01/motd-highlights-of-ya-in-epl-donovan_28.html#more

2 people repped this.
  6. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was the first evidence Ive seen where Donovan isnt showing dead or tired legs. That run he made to get into the play with Saha was the first Donovan-esque burst of speed and endurance, especially in the second half.

I think youll start to see more of what makes Donovan the player he is in the coming weeks, as its that speed, and the ability to use it again and again that really sets him apart from most players.

8. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm really looking forward to Arteta passing to Landon. Landon was exceptionally dangerous and dynamic with Beckham feeding him those sweet passes. Let's see what happens with a guy who "playmakes" just as well, but with Landon surrounded by guys as good as him rather than Alan Gordon.

9. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great call! Major rep!