PBP: Landon Donovan: VFB Stuttgart v Bayern - German Cup 1/27/09 [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by HouseHead78, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Member+

Oct 7, 2003
    Simsbury, CT
    Not if you're on Bayern Munich!

2. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Actually - in my opinion, moderators asking tolerance of differing viewpoints is a good thing.

But when otherwise mild mannered posters start complaining in large numbers about a poster and threads devolve into this kind of discussion, then perhaps it's time to conclude that regardless of right or wrong and whether Landon is good enough to succeed or not, one poster is making the journey a lot less fun than is necessary for the majority.

Based on all of the complaints, I politely invite SFS as a courtesy to the many of us on here who want Landon to be successful and root for him regardless of ups and downs, or just want to focus on Landon's play and not any individual's opinion of him, to voluntarily refrain from posting about Landon Donovan in Yanks Abroad because your very presence has now become inflammatory. If you would like an outlet for your thoughts on Landon - we could, for example, have a dedicated "SFS's thoughts on Landon" either here or in the USA Men forum. While this forum isn't solely for fans of US players and I like to think we aren't very quick with the troll label generally, there is a precedence for asking non fans who set up shop here to leave when they don't have any consideration for how their posts affect the community.