Landon Donovan in EPL?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Ludwig77, Nov 5, 2007.

1. AllWhitebeliever

AllWhitebeliever Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2006
    On the injury table
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    I quickly looked at most of the history revision of the Wikipedia on him since I am one of many registered Wikipedia Editor (and could done extra things) and any suggested information that you wrote was likely "undo" in which there was no written editing comment that I saw. That is, it was not even important material to reconsider and easily edited with no difficulties at all. Believe me I looked over the 1,000s of edits and yours hardly registered any interest at all to make an editing comment.

And if it was redone, it would been because the information was subjective and you have written it without any reliable source linking to it. Also, it very sad that you have to recite Wikipedia after you had change it yourself just to trick BigSoccer readers as a reliable source of information to support your biased point of view. Any POV in Wikipedia are constantly monitored and removed if it has no support from reliable sources. E.g. a magazine is not reliable, BBC has more creditability but any speculation is removed until it is absolutely a finalized report and becomes a fact than opinion. Anyone can see that your quote was entirely an opinion not fact, consider the countless of evidences that proves his age. E.g. being in the US U17 & U20 team and not investigated by FIFA.

Sure there was a probably three occasions in the edit that it was mention his birth certificate was doctored but it immediately removed for lack of evidence and this was revised from the start of Wikipedia article on 00:36, 21 November 2003 by AntonioMartin (registered Wikipedia editor) until this point of time by many editors registered and no-registered.

What people don't realized that any change is constantly revised for subjective material and such information usually don't last for more than three days and at times last less than 10 minutes because there are plenty of Registered Editors and unregistered people changing it back out of good faith to Wikipedia. What we Register Editors do is to revised the change and the change backs history as well and then make alternations as NPOV if needed.

So we can guard against SPAZZOs like the above poster ^^^ from vandalism.

Shame on you drunkguy10, shame.

:mad:

2. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Shame on the U.S. that has to resort to 20 something year olds pretending to be teenagers to be able win a few games, because this guy wasn't even able to win any youth world cups.

3. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, Allwhite totally made you his bitch. Your gonna have to get a couple more beers to rebound from that shallacking!

4. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

I think this border-hoper is just jealous that the U.S. has the best U-20 CAM (Adu)in the world and mexico dosent. I think hes just tight becuase he has to settle on boringghetti; i mean borghetti for thier hopes; if he is willing to move to midfeild!:D

5. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They do have Nery Castillo though, who is one HELL of a CAM. I can't wait for those two to go head to head in the near future.

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    adu is the best cam in the world? rofl

benfica must be good if they can attract someone better than kaka or totti then............

7. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you missed the Under 20 part of his statement.... And how are you gonna support two clubs in the EPL. I don't even know any Americans that are that gay.

8. Mullet&Talon

Mullet&Talon New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Why are you arguing with a drunk mexican?

9. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Right:rolleyes:

how many world championships have adu won? exactly. I mean when a 20 some year old guy can't beat a bunch of u-17 and u-20, it tells you alot about their talent.

We have two u-20 players playing in the best league in the world. you people...... well ....... I guess you have to give thanks for what you got, even if its an overrated, mediocre player that is already nearing his 30's and can't even be a starter in the portuguese league.

10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    at least i live in the same country as them

have u heard of pato? rooney can play cam....

vela does as well

i beleive u just got sonned

11. tom12

tom12 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    BR, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh good point, he plays for one of the best teams in Portugal, who played in the Champions league this year and he, at 18 years old does not have a starting spot after only a few months with the team. (as far as your claim that Freddy is 30, all i've got to say is that if he's 30 that makes Oswaldo Sanchez about 56)

first of all i will admit that SL Benfica is not that best team in Portugal, which is one of the better leagues in Europe after the top 4, they are most likely 3rd behind FC Porto And Sporting Lisbon, but Benfica clearly has a very bright future with very talented very young players like Freddy and Di Maria coming up. Furthermore, when you consider that he is still relatively new to the team it is very impressive at his age that he is now consistently getting minutes towards the end of the matches, and has even scored 5 goals this season i believe, including a game winner. By the way i would wager that Porto, Sporting and Benfica would easily take care of any team in La Primera Division, where many of El Tri's players play.

Now that we have that out of the way, i see that you are a Mexico fan, which explains your ignorance and jealousy when it comes to one of US soccer's up and coming stars. With that said, i'm not trying to insult all Mexico fans because i know that there are plenty who are classy, intelligent and very respectful, including several friends of mine who support El Tri. However, you sir are a twat.

12. tom12

tom12 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    BR, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh and as far as your 2 u-20s playing in the best league in the world, while I am a reasonable person and will admit Mexico has some fantastic young players (nery castillo, guardado, etc...) if you weren't completely ignorant you might realize we've got some very young players playing at the top level (not to mention a fantastic U-20 WC showing):

Michael Bradley, 20 - starting every match he is available for Herenveen in Holland where he is one of their best players, recently scored a hat trick out of the midfield (7 goals this year), and has shown he is one of the young d-mids of the world to watch and being scouted by teams in Serie A

Freddy Adu, 18 - obviously i just gave my point on him.

Jonathan Spector, 21 - getting consistent minutes at West Ham United who are a mid-table EPL team

Benny Feilhaber, 22 - yes he's a bit older but he is also playing in the EPL, well not playing so much right now, but you might recall a certain game winning goal he had this summer

Jozy Altidore, 18 - yes he does currently play in the MLS but he has been very impressive this year in MLS and also scored 2 goals this summer against Brazil in the U-20 WC in our victory. He is being scouted by Newcastle United as well as Real Madrid, while he might not move to one of these teams this winter he clearly has the option to sign with a team in one of the top leagues if he decides he is ready to go and RBNY are willing to sell him.

Danny Szetela, 20 - recently signed with Racing Club de Santander in La Liga after a very impressive U-20 WC and got his first cap for the full national team

Sal Zizzo, 20 - recently signed with Hannover 96 in the Bundesliga after an impressive U-20 WC and got his first cap for the full national team

Neven Subotic, 19 - plays for Mainz 05 in the 2.Bundesliga where he starts every game he is available. Mainz 05 played in the Bundesliga last year but were relegated down to the 2.BL this year. right now they are in 2nd place and will more than likely be playing back in the BL next year

13. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Aside from its title, why is this garbage can of a thread in the Premiership forum :confused:

14. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    greetings. ;)

15. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sanchez is old news, He's pretty much unofficilally retired from the NT. Perhaps Freddy should do the same. :D

Portugal is a competitive league in europe at best, but I think is little far from the top 4. Naturally it has some strong teams that can compete among the big boys, but you measue the quality of the league based on the competitiveness of the majority of the teams in that league, not by having 2 or 3 average quality teams (compared to Europe).

And I'm don't doubt that Benfica can hold its ground when playing with some of the bottom teams in La Liga, but you can wager all you want.

And also, If Benfica's future is based in Freddy Adu, then all i have to say is, hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:p

I see you are an USA fan, which explains your stupidity, arrogance, full of sh!t, delirious, and Freddy's balls licker.:D

16. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't know mate, these gringos are mentally retaded. They need help.

17. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, your screen name says it all. Describes your behavior perfectly and explains your adolescent rants.

18. dilmo22

dilmo22 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    LOOOOL!

Wow...

19. tom12

tom12 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    BR, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    apparently i was not clear. i was trying to say that the Portugese league is one of the best leagues after the big four LEAGUES in Europe (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga)

and that Benfica are more than likely the 3rd best team in the Portugese league (behind Porto & Sporting)

sorry for the lack of clarity, i was not trying to say that Benfica was one of the 4 best teams in all of Europe

20. dilmo22

dilmo22 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    :confused: I know, I understood you perfectly.

I just laughed because it's funny and I don't know what to say really:

"Benfica are more than likely the 3rd best team in the Portugese league (behind Porto & Sporting)"
    LOL?

21. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    wow I guess France and Holland are not as good as the Portuguesse league:rolleyes:

22. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    I'm with drunkguy on this.

23. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

Doesn't mean a thing.....I played 6 times for the full USA national team while on a British passport and in the States on an H-2 work permit....and FIFA didn't give a toss...

24. tom12

tom12 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    BR, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok i'm sorry i don't see what your problem is with my post, i will admit i do not closely follow the Portugese Liga, i just looked at the table and currently Porto is 1, Benfica 2 and Sporting is 4

i didn't mean to disrespect any of the teams they are all clearly very good, Benfica is down a little bit this year from what i've gathered but are still having a very good year, I suppose that your saying they're better than Sporting, if so i'm sorry and i'll admit i'm wrong

Drunk Guy was trying to make it sound as if Benfica is a mid-table team in an obscure league and i was just trying to show that clearly that was not the case

25. tom12

tom12 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    BR, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok once again you are putting words into my mouth, if you'd have read my post i did not say that league is better than Holland and France but that the Portugese league is one of the top leagues in Europe after the big 4, obviously Holland and France are also in this group along with a few others

clearly you are just looking for something to argue about and you have no desire to be rational. i tend to believe that a US v. Mexico thread is a waste of my time, after all that should be decided on the pitch, so as far as i'm concerned i'm done with this thread, have a nice day