Lamar Hunt USOC thread

Discussion in 'New York Cosmos' started by msilverstein47, Jun 1, 2016.

1. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I couldn't go to the stadium tonight, I did watch the end of the first and the second half on the link provided at the cosmos web site. Cosmos dominated, but just couldn't put the game away, Jersey had a at least one good chance.
    I hope Diosa is okay, I'm glad we moved on.

Bklyn Royals Fan repped this.
  3. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad we moved too. I felt a lot better when we scored the 2nd goal. NASL team dominating USL teams in this open cup, with Miami FC losing. As I write this OKC Energy and Rayo OKC are tied, rayo with the pressure, but I suspect this will go into overtime.

4. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got in from the stadium. To be honest, I don't think we looked great tonight. I think a pro team would have beat us. We were shaky in the back at times. We need Moffat and Roversio for the NYCFC match. Still, a win is a win. Great night overall for NASL!

Jersey Express have several good players that could help a USL team. Solid club.

Sam U El repped this.
  5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ROUND 4 AWAY TEAM SCORE HOME TEAM VENUE
    June 15 Harrisburg City Islanders (USL) 7:00 Philadelphia Union (MLS) Talen Energy Stadium – Chester, PA
    June 15 Tampa Bay Rowdies (NASL) 7:00 Columbus Crew (MLS) Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium – Columbus, OH
    June 15 Orlando City SC (MLS) 7:00 Jacksonville Armada (NASL) Southern Oak Stadium – Jacksonville, FL
    June 15 New York Cosmos (NASL) 7:00 New York City FC (MLS) Fordham University – Bronx, NY
    June 15 NYRB (MLS) 7:05 Rochester Rhinos (USL) Rhinos Stadium – Rochester, NY
    June 15 New England Revolution (MLS) 7:30 Carolina RailHawks (NASL) WakeMed Soccer Park – Cary, NC
    June 15 Fort Lauderdale Strikers (NASL) 7:30 DC United (MLS) Maryland Soccerplex – Boyds, MD
    June 15 Sporting Kansas City (MLS) 8:00 Minnesota United (NASL) National Sports Center – Blaine, MN
    June 15 Indy Eleven (NASL) 8:30 Chicago Fire (MLS) Toyota Park – Bridgeview, IL
    June 15 Oklahoma City Energy (USL) 8:30 FC Dallas (MLS) Westcott Field – Dallas, TX
    June 15 San Antonio FC (USL) 8:30 Houston Dynamo (MLS) BBVA Compass Stadium – Houston, TX
    June 15 Colorado Springs Switchbacks (USL) 9:00 Colorado Rapids (MLS) Dick’s Sporting Goods Park – Commerce City, CO
    June 15 Wilmington Hammerheads (USL) 10:00 Real Salt Lake (MLS) Rio Tinto Stadium – Sandy, UT
    June 15 Kitsap Pumas (PDL) 10:30 Seattle Sounders FC (MLS) Starfire Sports Complex – Tukwila, WA
    June 15 San Jose Earthquakes (MLS) 10:30 Portland Timbers (MLS) Providence Park – Portland, OR
    June 15 La Maquina (USASA) 10:30 Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) StubHub Center – Carson, CA

6. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Big game tomorrow, any predictions on our line up?
    I think we might get to see Roversio out there.
    Maurer
    Freeman Roversio Mendes Ayoze
    Szetela(Moffat)
    Guenzaty Bover Arango Orozco
    Arieta.
    I would like to see Lucky out there at some point, he had a hell of a game last time and is due for another.......
    Got my tickets in the mail yesterday, I'm hoping we got a good number of supporters going.

7. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.empireofsoccer.com/expec...g-dogs-in-place-for-cosmos-nycfc-match-49609/
    I just saw this about having guards separating fans, and even separate concession stands. Is this really how crazy it's gotten? We've played one game vs NYCFC and now we need all these restrictions? The fun is about to be sucked right out of the game if these measures are really necessary. People won't be able to enjoy the game and support their team having to worry about some "huligans" on both sides starting trouble.

8. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    brentgoulet and nanoGVSP repped this.
  9. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good game last night, we looked okay for a good part of the first half. Second half we started out well, had a good run of possession, then at some point NYCFC took over the game and had us pined on our own half, Poku was hands down their best player, on our side Roversio and Orozco had good games. I was glad to see the game end in regular time, we looked tired out there, Ayoze had a bad game, couple of really dangerous giveaways, Guenzati looked tired and so did Arango, even Maurer made a couple of dangerous mistakes.
    On the stands things were loud and fans were screaming back and forth, but nothing out of the norm, however at half some jerk from the NYCFC supporters came over to start trouble talking nonsense, some guys went up to him and had to be restrained, bottles started flying, and that's when I took my son out of that area for cover. It's unfortunate that we take things to that level when we know the sort of ramifications it can have ( check the Euros in France), I hope that was an isolated incident. I din't see anything issues afterwards.
    It was great to see the team walk off the pitch and salute all the supporters that where there. On to the next one, who ever it is the Cosmos should have a full roster available, let's take it all the way baby!

brentgoulet repped this.
  10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2016 LH USOC Round 5:
    June 28 Columbus Crew (MLS) AT Chicago Fire (MLS)
    June 28 Seattle Sounders (MLS) AT Real Salt Lake (MLS)
    June 29 New England Revolution (MLS) AT New York Cosmos (NASL)
    June 29 New York Red Bulls (MLS) AT Philadelphia Union (MLS)
    June 29 Fort Lauderdale Strikers (NASL) AT Orlando City SC (MLS)
    June 29 Colorado Rapids (MLS) AT FC Dallas (MLS)
    June 29 Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) AT Portland Timbers (MLS)

11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]EoS@EmpireOfSoccer
    Due to Shuart Stadium's policy, #NYCosmos will host all future #USOC2016 matches at Belson.

Sam U El repped this.
  12. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.empireofsoccer.com/stove...-hofstra-to-ban-usoc-matches-at-shuart-49731/

past matches are at the heart of this ban.
    “This stems from some security issues and altercations, fan behavior over the last couple of years of matches we have hosted there,” Stover revealed. “We spent time trying to change their mind of that decision. Unfortunately we haven’t been able to do that.”
    While there were some light skirmishes with Red Bulls fans in 2014 at Hofstra, it was the 2015 encounter with New York City FC that turned Hofstra off to future Open Cup matches on their campus.
    “There were a few altercations and there was some incidents of theft, scarves and hats and things, a fair amount of complaints for the University from patrons at the event,” he explained. “Nothing unusual that you’ve seen in soccer matches before. We haven’t had any security issues really through the three plus season we have played there except last season at the NYCFC game.
    “Obviously, any altercation is totally unacceptable,” Stover clarified. “But my understanding of the circumstances was it wasn’t excessive in any way like riots or anything like that, or the hooliganism we have seen elsewhere.”

Sam U El repped this.
  13. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    brentgoulet repped this.
  14. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes!!! 2-1, goal against the run of play, though New England is applying a lot of pressure...

15. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crap. That Kai is quality! I get to think about that freak 2nd goal we gave up.

nanoGVSP repped this.
  16. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Honestly Maurer served that one up on a plater. All three Revolution goals came off of mistakes by the Cosmos. On the first goal Bover turns it over, giving the ball to Fagundez who finds a wide open man on the right, second goal Jimmy gives the pass to Kamars, third goal looked to me like Moffet was fouled, even if he wasnt that ball should not have gone to him in that place surrounded by the other team.
    Cosmos did play well for long stretches, but were made to pay for dumb mistakes, that's how it goes we can not complain.

17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May 17
    New York Cosmos (NASL)
    vs.
    Clarkstown SC Eagles (NPSL)
    7 p.m. ET
    Rocco B. Commisso Stadium; New York, N.Y.

-or-

May 17
    Reading United AC (PDL)
    vs.
    New York Cosmos (NASL)
    7:30 p.m. ET
    Exeter Township Senior High School; Reading, Pa.

oneeyedfool repped this.
  18. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that's it for the Cosmos this season.

20. sjsuvc2

sjsuvc2 Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Corvallis , Oregon
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that was embarrassing.

Every open cup I look forward to, I believe the cosmos are the one lower level team that has the best chance to win it and beat out a MLS team. Sadly this just isn't it. Really thought they would make it into the next round or two till they had the real test come.

Gotta think this has to be a ugly spot for the NASL and the Cosmos brand. How could They New York Cosmos. "America's" soccer team lose to 4th tier non pro club?

21. bnyc

bnyc Member

Jan 20, 2015
    New York
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    It's a cup match for God's sake and this what makes the cup so much fun; so times you make a run, other times you're dispensed with quickly. You know MLS teams have been losing matches to PDL teams for years, right? Does that make you wonder how the MLS can be America's top league? Putting all your marbles on the Cosmos to be the last NASL team standing in the cup year after year is foolish.

The next round has four NASL-USL match ups. I expect each to win two, if one of the leagues wins three that does not make it better, it's just the match-ups on the night of cup games; ball bounces, ref calls, weather, travel and all else that goes into playing these games.

22. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A shock loss. It is what it is. A 4th seed loses to a 13th seed.

We can't win them all, even though we "should" have won this game. We had a cardiac cosmos win against NYCFC, a 3-0 decisive RBNY win, a big 4-1 loss to RBNY, a 3-2 collapse against New England, and a 'controversial' loss vs Philadelphia.

That being said all credit to Reading for a deserved Win.

The 'magic' of the open cup goes both ways.

23. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Isn't that the truth! It just sucks when your team is on life support. They could have used a deep run. The club is still a long way off.

Bklyn Royals Fan and bnyc repped this.
  24. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. EPJr