"LAFC"...LA2...whatever

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Oct 31, 2014.

1. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Paying homage to their status as the "other" Los Angeles soccer team by wearing one of our "other" jerseys.

A touching gesture and appreciated.

2. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Yep. Great for YouTube, bad for LAFC. On a white shirt, with washed out primary logos your eye goes straight to the play button and stays there, the black shirt is a little better, but not by much. Red is just way too striking of a color to surround it with such subdued colors. Maybe if they pair it with the right socks and shorts it might come together, but as a shirt it’s not working.

The visual weight of elements on the Galaxy Punjab kit on the other hand is considerably more balanced. Herbalife gets the immediate notice because of its size and higher saturation than the Galaxy crest, but your eye doesn’t get stuck on it.

hav77 and profiled repped this.
  3. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know it has nothing to do with the actual design, but the unlike our sponsor, the Youtube logo doesn't make you noticeably wince.

hav77, mbar and wcmanes repped this.
  4. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

barroldinho repped this.
  5. luigi-55

luigi-55 Member

LA Galaxy
    Netherlands
    May 7, 2010
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wow how cutting edge and original !?
    How f#cking boring !!!
    We did it first and made it look better.
    Losers Along the Figueroa Corridor, way to distinguish yourselves :laugh: 117957702.jpg.0.jpg

6. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm tired of the banter with these pretentious futbol snobs. I just want to beat them on the field already, I feel a lot better about this season with players coming in healthy.

ShortyMac, luigi-55 and L.A. Native repped this.
  7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even you must admit that with the sponsor logo not color coordinated with the team colors that these look awful. If youtube had allowed for their logo to be all black or Gold it would be better. Still boring but better.

The white in particular looks like a promotional tshirt from youtube cannoned up into the crowd at a sporting event.

9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol I agree. Still acceptable though. Looks to me as if the front office didnt have the balls to tell their sponsor in the inaugural season that their logo looks shit on the shirts

shelbo and mbar repped this.
  10. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sponsor is one of the (many) owners I believe. Not sure if that is better or worse.

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  11. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always loved the black and gold Galaxy shirt. But man, the white and red YouTube logo just ruins the LAFC shirt. Yikes!

12. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why was their UPS van selling jerseys in Culver City?

luigi-55 repped this.
  13. luigi-55

luigi-55 Member

LA Galaxy
    Netherlands
    May 7, 2010
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes the Losers were venturing out of the "city limits" peddling their garbage to anyone who'd take it. It was probably a special broadcast event on U Toob TV ;)

14. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  15. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because they are hypocrites?

16. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    LAFC just announced they’ve sold their allotment 17,500 season tickets for the season. First huge congratulations to them, I had questions about what “sell out” meant, those questions have been answered and there’s no other way to frame it than an unmitigated success.

Secondly everyone involved with the Galaxy should be embarrassed today, I mean they should have been many, many times in the past, but let’s be clear. LAFC came in to the LA market and without anything sold more season tickets before a ball was kicked than the Galaxy every have. And if the numbers floating around about LA’s ticket sales are to be believed more than doubled the Galaxy’s.

There’s zero reason the Galaxy couldn’t sell 15,000 season tickets. As stated elsewhere, this should be the make or break season for the marketing/ticket sales department. LAFC announcing 15,000 season seats sold is the equivalent of that CCL game in Tijuana when TJ went up 2-0 inside the first 10 minutes … and unlike that Galaxy team there ain’t no Robbie Keane in the marketing department to make the scoreline look respectable.

7E23, Beakmon FC, profiled and 2 others repped this.
  17. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thoroughly humiliating.

Though where the hell have these soccer hobbyists been for the last twenty years?

The other tragedy here is that MLS will likely point to this "triumph" as proof positive that our stadiums need to be in downtown locations, thus "justifying" Precourts efforts to drag the Crew to Austin.

18. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :BrokenRecord:
    Klein got extended for 5 years, after bringing up our second team coach to the first, in order to groom our youth. We let go of our coach, had our worst season ever, let go of all of our youth, dropped attendance, dropped viewership, dropped season ticket holders.

WTF

ProudNatRN and luigi-55 repped this.
  19. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I’m pretty down on the “real soccer fan” mentality, but an equally pressing question is clearly they’ve been in LA and the Galaxy have failed either by incompetence or complacency to go out and find them.

I'm a former season ticket holder, I’ve also bought tickets for a ChivasUSA home game once so I ended up on LAFC’s mailing list. Without question I’ve had LAFC email me more than the Galaxy in the past year. Direct mail too, while I couldn’t confidently say LAFC has sent me more, but one is within spitting distance of the other. LAFC are basically taking a flyer on me, it’s a low cost, high return proposition for them. The Galaxy spending a similar amount of money on me is – well it certainly goes a way to explaining why they sold 7500 season tickets this season.

barroldinho repped this.
  20. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a current season ticket holder, I'd be interested in knowing the total number of "former season ticket holders" there are out there for the Galaxy over the 21 year history of the club.

I bet the number is large. I bet there are a myriad of reasons why someone drops out.

You are clearly one of the Galaxy's largest fans. Why don't you still have season seats?

I have 4. I know it's hard to use them all of the time but the way I overcome that issue is by having the cheapest seats in the stadium and over the past 4 years I've never not been able to recoup my cost selling on stubhub (usually even make a small profit). As a result I feel like my season seats are a very low risk investment to me.

Dashiel, why did you quit?

MPNumber9 repped this.
  21. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I think they're (LAG sales) lazy. They seem to rely on social media and magical emails to drive sales. At some point, sales people have to grind it out by talking with and getting in front of people. Call me old school, but at some point you need some "boots on the ground", right? I'd love to hear from our sales and marketing folks around here like @Berks

22. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I reached out to Chris Thomas on twitter.

His response:

968945190881787905 is not a valid tweet id

TrickHog repped this.
  23. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean...over the long term...I feel that its been crystal clear that AEG doesn't subscribe to the "sell out every game, have a waiting list for season tickets..." model that most clubs do.

I'd argue that starting with when Beckham came in, AEG clearly decided it would rather average 22,000 fans with an average ticket price of $80 then average 27000 fans with an average ticket price of $50. Everything they've done has been about maximizing revenue. I think this can be short sighted because if you sell out with a waiting list you can then start pushing prices higher but that really isn't how AEG operates it's sports teams. Same was true of the LA Kings. It was only 2 Stanley cups in 3 years that lead to consistent sell outs.

When Becks came in, the demand bump was there for a tradition of sellouts to have begun but AEG went a different way. You can argue what's the right move but it's their team.

That said, constant turnover in the sales teams doesn't help. Seemingly having few Spanish speakers (can't say this for sure, just my observation) can't help. There is a long list of things they need to do better and hopefully LAFC will be the inspiration for that to occur. I've seen a few promising signs in my interactions with my ticket rep this year.

24. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Little one arrived and the first 18 months was absolute murder on sleep. Two to four hour stretches, but no more than 6 total hours a day. Could barely muster the energy to stream games let alone drive 50 miles each way.

mbar repped this.
  25. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm one, didn't get the chance to lose faith and back out, as I moved away a long while ago....

mbar repped this.