"LAFC"...LA2...whatever

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet no MLS heads will say. We still are getting Atlanta comparisons. Lazy.

They do not make the playoffs

2. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More like Minnesota

Dr.Phil repped this.
  3. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Honestly though this is a bit worrisome...

You're a new expansion team and you barely have 18 players. This looks terrible on the league.

4. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I don't think it's that big a deal and might actually have some strategy behind it. Expansion teams are expected to suck so if LAFC drop their first 6 games it’s not going to be a shocker especially as they'll be on the road for those games. The coaching staff can evaluate the team in a real environment and have the freedom to make adjustments.

LAFC, loathe though I am to admit it, has done a pretty decent job with their football operations. At least on paper they have, when the rubber hits the road it may fall a part, but I don’t think they’re being negligent or naive with their 18 player roster.

5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    They are literally one suspension, one injury, or one international date away from not even being able to field a game day squad. That is pretty worrisome.

6. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know man, have you met any of their season ticket holders? The ones I know fall into the hipster doofus category that have no idea what it means to actually really support a mediocre team in person week after week and (in LAFC's case in particular) pay a handsome price to do so. I think if they flat our suck and get their asses kicked regularly they may have problems with this demographic they've been courting. So far they've done a lot right and they are starting with (reportedly) big ticket sales but I really wonder what happens when the reality does not match the hype.

FlapJack and profiled repped this.
  7. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    A complete game day roster with a full complement of substitutes. Reviewing MLS’s official rules there’s no stated minimum number of players. I see to recall if a team has fewer than 7 players on the pitch it would be forfeit or abandoned and I know LA has gone in to games without a full bench due to injuries & call ups. Certainly it’s a gamble for LAFC to start short handed, but they also have the option of signing players from OCSC on short term contracts if they lost 2 players for any reason.

This is definitely the biggest worry, they need to balance the realistic goals and growth of an expansion franchise against the unrealistic expectations of their fans.

8. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So what we're saying here is that LAFC currently has more owners than players?

9. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Team of the people

Though don't think we have one

10. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Sure we do.

https://twitter.com/LAGalaxy_Es

11. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weird I tried looking for it a bit ago and didn't see it. Glad to see we do bc that would be embarrassing not to have one

12. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Not sure what's more embarrassing not having one, or having one and not utilizing it.

Dr.Phil repped this.
  13. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    LAFC doesn't need such a thing. They speak the one universal language. The language of football.

Don't believe me? Go and read their club manifesto. Then tell me you aren't left thinking "Balls".

mbar and profiled repped this.
  14. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If chivas south central fans can’t travel 12 miles for a Championship team, I wonder if they’ll get off their couch for a losing team?

15. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  16. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    My white-space/minimalist aesthetic preferences wants to like this, but the slapped on sponsor logo, the vertical rules that overlay the bottom of the collar for no discernibly reason (I presume both of those are mockup errors) and the odd alignment of the Adidas and LAFC badge, which may or may not be mockup errors, are doing my head in. That’s the problem with minimalist design, you can’t hide fundamentally flawed layout issues behind a bunch of eye candy.

I think it’ll look better in reality than this mockup.

One minor sidetone, the gold looks pretty spiff on black, but on white not so much. I know Madrid has had gold on white kits in the past that look pretty similar so maybe it’s just my bias against LAFC, then again Madrid has the brand recognition to opt for a more subtle look from time to time. LAFC’s gold color has >50% white and <50% saturation so it gets a bit lost on the white background IMO.

shelbo repped this.
  17. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not going to be their primary is it? Pretty boring and I agree that this is one of the cases where the sponsor logo doesn't fit the shirt to well aesthetically. Similar to "Bimbo" on Philly's shirts.

Our shirt sponsor fits fine with the style of our shirt, they are just a really shitty sponsor. I'm more just talking about how the sponsor logo presentation meshes with the overall uniform.

18. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That's to be their secondary/away shirt apparently.

mbar repped this.
  19. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Wow Adidas isn’t really trying very hard are they?

966663015587295233 is not a valid tweet id

20. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Can't see them selling many kits with this one. Not only is it really boring, but the sponsor is way too prominent due to the white minimalist backdrop. I feel like I am buying a Youtube shirt not a LAFC jersey.

21. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Am I the only one who thought that was a link to a youtube video and didn't realize that was supposed to be the sponsor on the shirt?

I do think hipsters would like it because the average person will have absolutely any idea that it is a soccer kit, let alone a soccer kit for an MLS team in LA.

hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  22. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    966748392121565184 is not a valid tweet id

hav77, cleschke, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.
  23. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    White and black leaks https://imgur.com/a/fxCRb

Those black kits are going to be fun come mid-August when they’re playing a noon game on ESPN. Not sure who’ll be burning up more the players or the fans sitting under that translucent roof.

profiled repped this.
  24. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hate that MLS is pushing teams to white away kits.

25. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It's the red play button that really kills that shirt.

I mean this looks so much better even with a shitty herbalife wordmark on the front.

[​IMG]

ShortyMac, Skevin, rokstedy and 3 others repped this.