La selección hondureña II

Discussion in 'Honduras' started by Catracho_Azul, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Seasons over... U-20 tourney up next. They played the USA in a friendly on Thursday and lost 2-1. Only gol of the game marked by Kevin Alvarez.

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Quick Final blitz analysis:

Over the two legs and second half of the season, Marlon Licona became the best goalie in the league, problem is he's known for wild inconsistencies. His first leg game in Tocoa though summed up his emergence over Portiligiatti as the #1 again. Speaking of goalies, Sandro Carcamo deserves a look, if Bodden and Vallecillo have gotten looks, Carcamo definitely deserves one.

Henry Figueroa and Rubilio Castillo earned their camp callups. Rubi looked like the Vida Rubilio in the second half of the season. Henrys absence would be criminal, dude makes playing RCB look easy.

I hope these coaches stay and continue to give these young kids significant playing time. I really like Londoño the Colombian coach of Sociedad. With that said, Kevin Lopez and Deybi Flores look like very solid building blocks for our future campaign. They've been lights out this season and hopefully move on to a bigger league next summer to continue development.

Crisanto sucks, him as a NTer is laughable. He held no weight in the final, and lost the ball EVERY TIME he went forward. I think he set a record for most balls lost, awful. Jose Barralaga seems like a much better prospect at RWB along with Barrios whom still need learning, albeit not as much as Crisanto.

Finally I don't see the hype and positive gradings on players like Pablo Arzu, Robbie Matute, Carlos Discua, Carlos Bernardez de Victoria. They seem like average players who have like one unbelievable trait and that's it. Im on the fence about those players.

Anywho my 2cents. Till next time.

3. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    I'm going to make a comment rooted in ignorance and knowing next to nothing about Honduras but here it goes. Back in the late 90's eraly 2000s y'alls had a team with talent with the attitude of an English pub team everyone was surprised when you beat them but no one should have been. You all were consistent and had fast athletic players with no fear. One of my all time favorite players, Costly, was in that mold. Why the drop off? Shouldn't you have a solid base of athletic and fast players cycle in and cycle out? Is it coaching? Domestic league? Youth development? Liga MX sucks right now but why isn't it full of Honduran players? It's a decent development league for SA players, why not Honduran?

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Lol Liga MX is not a decent development league for SA players... I feel like aside a few players, you usually already have peaked out when you reach the Liga MX. Idk though, I don't watch it. I don't advise any player to join any league in our region for development.

I think players aren't hungry like back in the G. Era of social networks give these kids big heads, so when they think they've already made it, they just stop striving all together to get better. Different era different mentality, that sort of thinking is not transcendent imo. Social climate has also changed and so has economy regarding clubs. This is just a hunch.

5. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Liga MX has absolutely been a springboard for many on the cusp SA players...to deny that would be disingenuous...not for cracks obviously but for players that need a little refinement....I hate Liga MX btw...

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    #681 Catracho_Azul, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    List a name of players.. All I can think of is Enner Valencia right now and Delgado to Lyon.

Btw there's a difference between springboard and development. Springboard a 22yr old Argentine =|= Developing one. I think Liga MX is a great showcase league for South Americans, I just don't think its one good for cultivating non-Mexican talent. Like a 18 yr old Brazilian or something.

7. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    I'm referring to the former rather than the latter...Jackson comes to mind...

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yea, by his age Hondurans are thinking of Europe plus MLS and the American dream to a Honduran is a pot of gold. I think that's a question best suited for Mexican execs as to why they don't scout here. Probably a xenophobic thing.

Sanchito repped this.
  9. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Because Mexicans are fcuking idiots that look toward SA because of it's obvious connections to Europe...CA would be much better in terms of deals and raw talent...more ROI than scouting in SA and finding Messi's cousin bola de pendejos...and yes, xenphobia and Eurocentrism is the likely culprit.

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    At the end of the day what's likelier to win u a title and $$$$ a young Honduran or some Enner clone?? Or some has been Argie/Brazuca. As someone wrote a while ago, owners aren't worried about the future but about the now, what can so and so do for me now. Microwave era, they want things as fast as possible and in a result driven business, it'll continue to lend that ideal for a while until someone breaks the mold.

Sanchito repped this.
  11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    It's stupid, but its whatever mayne.

Sanchito repped this.
  12. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    It's a direct result of the split season bs.

13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    U-20s lost again to the US 2-1. Gol de Devron Garcia who had tied the game up in the first half.

14. Anthony Robert

Oct 22, 2013
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I think Olimpia made a mistake letting go Irvin Reyna, he's pretty good. Like Camello but better with the ball. That deiby - Reyna CM partnership is nice.

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    At the time he was let go, they had Garrido didn't they?? Meh I don't think he was a can't miss player for Los Albos now with the emergence of El Paton Mejia.

But he's definitely a solid role player.

16. Anthony Robert

Oct 22, 2013
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I suppose but Garrido had just come back from Red star and It was obvious it was only a matter of time before he would leave again... And yes mejia is definitely a nice prospect to keep your eye on but just letting Reyna leave for nothing came back to hurt them. Crazy how many CM young prospects we have Devron, mejia, deiby, jhow, Acosta, calix.. The list goes on

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Highlights of the U-20s. #FireJimenez

18. Anthony Robert

Oct 22, 2013
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    My goodness.. Who's playing LB? They attack so easy down that flank it's embarrassing.. What happened to Romero from real españa? He was a standout player at the U-17 World Cup and now he can't make this team?
    #firejimenez

La-H repped this.
  19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  20. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Who's Paz?

And who else is joining besides Deybi, and hopefully, Rochez?

21. Anthony Robert

Oct 22, 2013
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I hope now since Olimpia got that Colombian guy this means they're selling Quioto because it's time for him to go abroad.

22. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Jonathan Paz son. Kevin Lopez is the only other kid joining along with Jonathan Paz from La Final.

23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Lol Estupiñan and Quioto two totally different players. Plus didn't Ferrari say he wasn't gonna sell any of his players cuz of CCL. When he says something he usually means it lol. Quioto family going to show up to games with a big pancarta that says Let my son go like Boniek.

24. Anthony Robert

Oct 22, 2013
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Don't be too sure because money talks.
    Anyways based on how bad the U-20 defense is I think their only opportunity of making it to the World Cup would be using Deiby and Devron as center mids but have them focus mostly on defending, especially down the left flank.

25. Anthony Robert

Oct 22, 2013
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Oh yeah and what happened to your boy Calix? So much for being a lock.