PBP: La Liga Santander - Jornada 4 | Getafe CF v FC Barcelona | 16 September 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Sep 15, 2017.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am only surprised it took this long. :p

Gilmango and condor11 repped this.
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Damn a new way to insult MATS, compliment the opposing team's GK :ROFLMAO:

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Funny that a couple of minutes before the goal a deflection off Paulinho almost snook into the goal. From probably being the butt of jokes to today's hero. Fine line.

BTW, heard at least twice in the game the Getafe fans chanting Neymar.

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This kind of result can turn out to be crucial by the end of the season. Teams like Barcelona and RM usually fighting for top 2 or top 3 spot all the time and few points matters alot.

[​IMG]

ShortyMac repped this.
  5. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Damn forgot again.

This is not good for the vote of no confidence. [emoji23]

Gilmango, MavadoDribblez and puyol repped this.
  6. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Paulinho comes through with a sweet goal....Celito must have painted the town red (or more like Barca third jersey burgundy) last night. :D

Thank goodness Forza didn't see the first half of the match, because that was uber pedestrian on Barcelona's part. EV made some good substitutions to bring on the two goal scorers, in Suarez and Paulinho. However, playing Roberto at right back must stop. He is much better in the midfield. If not Semedo, then it should be Vidal. Really though, Semedo should be starting as much as possible at this point. I get that Roberto needs minutes, but then at some point you need to start resting Iniesta and perhaps Rakitic.

Don't forget that Luis is still coming back off of injury, but there's been a couple times in the past few matches (I think even in the Juve match too) that he did the "dummy" pass by letting the ball pass through his legs, only to go to the other team.

I have to say that Deulofeu has been pretty mediocre and he isn't doing much to help his cause for minutes. Oh well, three points is three points.

7. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh. I actually liked a lot of his second half play. He was weak in the first half, but so was everyone else.

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, and Deulofeu only played 15 minutes of the first half** so he should get less of the blame than anyone else for that feeble team performance.

Then he helped create the first goal. Barca were dangerous on that right side the entire second-half. Having said that, I still can't see Deulofeu doing much of anything against better teams.

** As an aside, why did it take Barca 5 minutes to bring on Deulofeu? Could've fallen a goal behind there while playing with 10 men and it seemed totally unnecessary since it was obvious as soon as Dembele went down that he was finished.