PBP: La Liga Santander - Jornada 38 - FC Barcelona v. Eibar - 21 May 2017

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, May 19, 2017.

1. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Why do you think Lucho is trying Gomes as RB over and over regardless of him failing repeatedly ? he is preparing him to play as RB in the copa final since Roberto is suspended , god help us all ...

2. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is there annual players review? I've bone to pick with every other player bar Messi and Umtiti.

3. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This mediocre, third rate league needs to implement VAR soon.

[​IMG]

4. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Well this mediocre goalie needs to stop making this stupid mistakes. He gifted Betis a goal and Celta and Deportivo. All games Barca lost points!!

5. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I have one ready but was planning on posting it after next week's Copa final, when the season officially ends.

condor11 repped this.
  6. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    And what about the games where he saved our asses?

7. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

#107 Forzabarca, May 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2017
    Thats his job to save not to make blunders. Saving a few games doesn't justify making blunders which causes Barca to lose points. Bravo in general didn't make this many mistakes in Barca.

I believe apart from Lucho that MATS has been inconsistent and his mistakes in 3-4 games that Barca has lost point has caused LPB winning the Liga with just 3p. He can directly take blame if you want to be blunt. Stop taking his side so blindly!! He´s clumpsy and makes to many mistakes in critical situations.

Also in those games you say he saved Barca´s ass that no other keeper would not have saved also, MATS is not unique. But I can say that not many keepers would make those stupid mistakes MATS does. Did you see the saves Eibar keeper did tonight? Probably more spectacular than MATS.

Look at Navas and LPB.. he has made more decisive saves than MATS and less idiotic blunders this season so you can say he won LPB the title. Stop blindly defending MATS as he is the one and only keeper that can make a save.

8. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Again I'm not in favor of blaming one or two players. Many average players in this unbalanced Barcelona team and the only reason why this team can still compete with Real and reached QF UCL is because of Messi. Take Messi out and this team will end up below Real Sociedad on Liga table.

Real team is young and full of talents. They will compete for many years to come. I would argue they are even more successful since Enrique took over if they win the UCL final.

All I have to say is thank you Lucho for 2014/15 season. I'm looking forward to the board reaction this summer.

inswinger and saadomar repped this.
  9. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Boards hands are tied financially. Barça will be second team for a few years until reality catches up with LPB.

It's amazing how they don't get banned from doing transfers or keep buying players for insane amounts every year.. The fifa financial fair play is a joke or Perez knows how to tweak numbers too.

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #110 celito, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
    The Vinicius Jr. deal is supposedly done. That's 45m for an unproven 16 year old which is pretty crazy. And they will try to "break the bank" for Mbappe. If they get Mbappe, Isco stays, get rid of Bale, and Barca doesn't make some serious strengthening, I think it could get ugly next season.

Also expect Messi and Neymar to take their foot off the gas as the WC is coming up. Neymar will be hungry for the WC for obvious reasons and Messi as well (it probably being his last decent chance). That's why getting this title this season would have been nice because I think next season might really suck.

Deep Pal, condor11 and afar repped this.
  11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    AFAIK Barca's debt has been decreasing which is a good thing. They do need to do better business when selling players.

12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  13. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Thats alright,he can use some physicality and height.

This is one of the useful positions where he can play.

14. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    The trouble is a guy called Mathieu,not Terstegen.

15. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Yeah! Well done! But he didn't rebuild or strengthen the squad and three years later it's on the decline. 3 titles became 2 and now a shitty CDR only (maybe). He spent lots of money and leaving the club/team very fragile. Defense and midfield is weak and it's not looking good while LPB look as strong as ever with two quite strong XI . So we will see what Lucho legacy will be, nine titles and end of an era? We'll see what the board does over summer and who comes in but with no money to spend its looking dim.

Also can we expect MSN to have another great year while the defense rises? We'll see but Im not optimistic. I'd bring every player on loan back and hope the next coach can pull a Conte, Simeone, Sir Alex and get mediocre players to perform 200%.

puyol repped this.
  16. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Yes that's always good but it's going to be used to rebuild the stadium it won't be showing results on the pitch. So a fresh stadium to see Barca fight for CL spot is not what I want to see to be honest.

Sadly the financial rules don't apply for LPB. It's a corrupt system and Barça hands are tied. What Barca needs is a smarter management that can harvest rather that burn the crops. Bart looks like a retarded hamster who was dropped way too many times. Barça needs to quickly get back on the horse. Break the bank, break the short time trend and take back the reigns from LPB.

People thought I was over exaggerating a while a when saying I see no continuity or back up plans and voila, everything I feared is coming true.

Immediate action! But smart action is needed or Zidane will make Pep achievements look mediocre.

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    And Leicester City! :thumbsup:

condor11 and unclesox repped this.
  18. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It was funnier the first time.

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Damn, so many lurkers! You'd think Madrid/CR7 fanboys would have better things to do in the 24 hours after the quinquennial event of Madrid/CR7 winning a league title. Guess not(?).

unclesox and celito repped this.
  20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Funny thing is that the Neymar one was a PK. I caught it on one of the replays on TV. These videos being passed around don't show it.

Bunch of sheep.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah it looked like a pk in real time. The replays failed at the one thing they're supposed to do.
    Also the first Eibar goal had a suspicion of being offside. If people are going to point-out incidents that *could* have been called another way, they should at least be consistent.

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I had to slow down one of the replays to see it, but the contact was there and it wasn't a slight contact either. His knee hit Neymar's leg in the slide.

23. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Come on lol you argued so many times that Suarez dived in the PSG match although the reply showed multiple contacts knee/leg and arm/shoulder while you don't think Neymar dived yesterday? not even slightly?

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There was definitely more contact than on Suarez. The upper body contact on Suarez did nothing to stop his movement. It's like saying that touch knocked down Ronaldo last season on that infamous dive he made.

I do think Neymar could have probably stayed up, but the replay I saw showed some knee to leg contact. It's not a great angle, but you can see Neymar's leg twisting when it's hit.

I have no problems calling out Neymar for blatant dives he has done. Trust me, it has nothing to do with nationality.

25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I can't find the replay from the other angle, but the replay at 3:55, as the Eibar defender slides with his right leg, his knee hits the side of Neymar's upper shin. You can tell from the opposite angle replay that was shown on TV.