PBP: La Liga Santander - Jornada 37 | Levante UD v FC Barcelona | 13 May 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, May 13, 2018.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yup, overreacting. Especially when no alternatives for manager have been named by those people that want to get rid of EV. Its like Trump wanting to get rid of Obamacare just cuz... :confused:

evil_allan repped this.
  2. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ernesto Valverde should ******** off and yes I’m overreacting and angry. My negative view on Valverde won’t change unless he can win us the UCL. Oh, and there are plenty of better managers out there for us to replace that sack of doodle shit.

3. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sounds like a lot of folks here want to hire Paco Lopez.

Seriously, I'd love to hear the names of available coaches that would be an automatic improvement over EV.

unclesox repped this.
  4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I guess I don't get why your anger is fully directed to EV(?). The stupid South Africa friendly was not his idea. And usually with these sort of friendlies clubs are obligated to bring their top players as its part of the deal.

thetomg repped this.
  5. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I’m angry with him and our stupid board. First off, it was a mistake signing EV which was all board’s fault. Secondly, EV should’ve atleast won us the title remaining unbeaten, so that we all can forget Barca’s horrific choke against Roma. I’m basically having a PTSD ever since that choke.

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    You realize that comes across as extremely spoiled, right? It translates perfectly to: "If he can only win us two-thirds of the treble, he should at the very least do something historic in his first season as manager"

unclesox repped this.
  7. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He had the chance to do something historic in his first season and I’m not being spoiled. Conceding 5 goals with a decent squad against an average team isn’t something impressive to say the least. He’s a moron and it’s better if he leaves the club. Cruyff’s only mistake was probably trusting this son of a bitch. Of course, I’m aware of the fact that I sound like an emo Anakin Skywalker, but I have to let my hatred flow. I’ll probably be alright if Valverde gets the boot.

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    He only had a chance to do something historic because he was successful enough throughout the season to get to this point.

If you have to lose one game this is a good time to do it. Against Madrid a couple of weeks ago would've been worse, obviously. A few months ago - when La Liga title was still on the line - would've also been worse.

9. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #84 JoCryuff98, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Failure is not tolerable in my opinion after all the hardwork this team put. I thought we were passionate to win the league unbeaten, but Valverde and the whole team gave me a false hope that they can achieve ‘Invincible’ season with their fake brilliant run until we had to choke again. Messi-less Barca is nothing but a joke, whereas this isn’t the case with LPB( They’re frauds, but Ronaldo-less Madrid isn’t a joke). I’m probably gonna quit watching football for sometime and focus more on tennis, otherwise I’ll be fixated with this issue.

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, none of the second-half of your post is EV's fault.

And again, you come across as spoiled. How does one loss = failure? Sure 0 losses would've been nice but you're really overrating how nice it would have been. For a few days people would've compared 2017-18 Barca with the Arsenal invincibles, but that's about it. If people are going to point to great Barca teams, they would've still pointed to the Pep era or 2014-15 even if we went unbeaten this season.

11. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I already mentioned that I’m in a horrible mood. Don’t expect everyone to feel the same way as you do. I might sound spoiled, arrogant or emo, but conceding 5 goals is something I didn’t like. I wouldn’t have been so disappointed if Barca conceded 2 goals.

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    At least we didn't lose any silverware like Real Sociedad when they finally lost a game after their long unbeaten run.

The other way to look at it is we probably don't lose to Levante if LPB and/or Atletico are still within 5 points of us in the table. So LPB being total garbage contributed to Barca not going undefeated this league season.

13. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    [​IMG]

BocaFan repped this.
  14. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    Actually I calmed down a bit and can now agree that the undefeated season sounds nice but is a bit overrated. I mean I'll take even 2013 Barca that wasn't our best team that won 32 games, drew 4, and lost 2 over the current side even if they went undefeated and had 0 losses. That 2012-2013 team had 100 points at the end of the season which is simply better than we could have achieved this year.

Valverde should stay and I like the stability and structure he wants to foster on the team but sometimes I feel he needs to shake things up mid-match if it clearly isn't working. Just my two cents.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The club scheduled a friendly ($$$) in South Africa in the middle of the week between the final 2 games. So obviously, going unbeaten was not the highest priority for the club. Valverde really had nothing to do with that.

This was a game that not only Messi was missing, but also the back line was one that hasn't played together. I am one that doesn't like to take conclusions over 1 game. But on the positive side, it shows how the fragile the team can be without certain important pieces and one would hope management at least tries to address it over the summer.

thetomg and BocaFan repped this.