PBP: La Liga Santander - Jornada 35 | FC Barcelona v 3rd Place Team | 6 May 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, May 1, 2018.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, we got a couple of breaks. At least we can acknowledge that. Madrid fans can't even admit that calls went both ways.

The most important thing to remember though is Madrid didn't care about this match. Sure their match thread is 700 posts long and Zidane fielded their best 11 players, but they didn't care. Remember that! :unsure:

Gilmango, ShortyMac and unclesox repped this.
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I know ... they "don't care". I read one guy say they didn't push hard in the 2nd half and that's why they didn't win. :ROFLMAO:

At least Zidane himself before the game said they were going for it.

Mistakes I saw by the ref. The big ones in my view are in bold:

- Rakitic could have seen a yellow 18 secs into the game (although seldom a YC is given that early).
    - Alba could have seen a yellow for sticking his hand in Modric's throat.
    - Bale could have seen a yellow on a challenge on Iniesta.
    - Bale should have seen straight red on his challenge on Umtiti. Some people trying to say it was just clumsy. No it wasn't. Body language says he wanted to hit Umtiti. Gullit was saying there is no doubt about it.
    - Messi could have seen a yellow for swinging his arm on Marcelo's back when they went up for a ball.
    - Suarez should have been called for a foul on the 2nd goal.
    - Marcelo should have gotten a PK.

Messi's yellow vs Ramos was not a red, whatever what they say. They are trying to compare it to Ramos two footed studs up tackle last season. Not even close.

Both close offside calls (Ronaldo and then Suarez 2nd goal) were actually called correctly.

Barca got more calls in their favor looking at that list but we can go back and see many missed calls they got away with (example Pepe stepping Messi's hand over the years.

Madrid players were also trying to provoke from the beginning to get under Barca's skin. Ramos sticking his forearm on Suarez off the ball then messing with him on the ground. Marcelo charging SR also off the ball. Modric was at the very least trying to delay game on Alba (or it was something else because that looked very unsolicited). And if they talk about Suarez making a meal out of Ramos forearm, well, Marcelo made a meal out of a slap that basically hit his shoulder.

afar repped this.
  3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    You forgot Roberto's shove on Marcelo's shoulder could've been yellow or nothing at all. And that one should be in bold.

4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    not sure if true, but Marca claims he said:

"You know we won the league even with these s*** decisions."

and Nacho responded:

"How can you complain, if they have already expelled us 17 times already?"

Nacho's response was caught on camera, Pique's comment was not. and it was probably the continuation of an argument that started earlier.

anyone know what is the "17 times" he's talking about?

Bada Bing repped this.
  5. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

afar and ShortyMac repped this.
  6. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The reason they fielded a string side was because they wanted to end our unveaten run. If we had already lost this season but eere still champions they would have fielded a weakened side.

7. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That's speculation, and we'll never know, but I'd guess they would've fielded a strong side either way.

When has Real Madrid ever fielded a consciously weak side against us? Clasicos mean a lot, to their president, to their coach, to their players, to their fans.

8. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Makes sense, Pique is really on a roll.

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Is he talking about the # of red cards Madrid has received in clasicos? Seems unlikely he would have that stat on the top of his head though, even if a lot of them did occur recently (Pepe and Ramos each have 4 lol).

10. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    afar, evil_allan, puyol and 6 others repped this.
  11. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    lol that's rough

12. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

"You know we won the league even with these s*** decisions." - Pique

ShortyMac and BocaFan repped this.
  13. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The way Real Madrid have behaved this season shows that sadly the spirit of Franco still luves on at that club

14. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  15. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Had not seen this angle until now. The Plastidistas were correct. Definite red card.

"Here you can clearly see the aggression by Sergi Roberto."

993386094623371264 is not a valid tweet id

afar, evil_allan, puyol and 1 other person repped this.
  16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I've seen many of them write how can anyone root for Suarez. Not only do they root for this guy, but they admire him and he is often their captain. What a joke.

After looking at the SR incident again, it looks like he only hits Marcelo's shoulder. I think SR is puts himself in that position to get a red card, but I have to say there is more aggression in Marcelo's two handed push on Suarez chest than this punch :ROFLMAO:

afar repped this.
  17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ramos clear tug on Messi as he was trying round off Navas. Very slight but it it did affect his balance.

993621823928635393 is not a valid tweet id

afar repped this.
  18. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  19. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    In Spain the captaincy is usually awarded to the player with the most appearances for the club.
    Same thing with the national team which is why Ramos has captained Spain since Casillas lost his place in the squad.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I know. But I thought "Madridismo" would be above all !