PBP: La Liga Santander - Jornada 33 - Real Madrid v. FC Barcelona - 23 April 2017

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, Apr 22, 2017.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's not sympathy, it's being rational as opposed to always crying victim. I take it case by case and see if a mistake is plausible. Then I also take other facts into account. Like, if it was fixed, why didn't they give a PK for Ronaldo in the 1st min ? Why not give Ramos a yellow card instead of a red ?

What do you think when mistakes favor Barca ? How do you reconcile that ?

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    And why are you assuming that he can see his feet? The closer Madrid player appears bigger and therefore may totally obscure his view of James.

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agreed. Offsides should be fairly straight forward. PKs and fouls would be dicey.

4. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    856555873556197377 is not a valid tweet id

inswinger, ShortyMac and Gilmango repped this.
  5. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Like before, you compare apples to oranges and talk about rational! For fouls, the referee interpretation and guessing always vary. Like you said before, Suarez tends to dive so most referee might take this behavior into consideration when it comes to fouls involved Suarez. However, there is no interpretation and guessing in offside decisions. Either you see it or not hence it's a visual perception.

I would say, linesman main job is to check for offsides, secondary to assist the referee with fouls close to his zone. Like any other employee, an obvious mistake should be highlighted and may be punished for it. Lack of accountability is what makes those referees undermines a sense of responsibility, especially in Spain. Why not seeing that many refereeing errors in EPL for instance? How come such elite professionals commit some basic errors? And why it continues? Are those errors related to visual (hence technology might address it) or is it cognitive? which technology can't address. It's not as simple as you put it and call us "crying victims", this subject should be debated and addressed.

6. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thee goal, from the stands.

7. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Messi's winner with different commentators:

Gilmango repped this.
  8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't support diving and etc ... but I find it funny that people are disgusted by it but are completely fine with committing a technical foul to kill an obvious counter attacking play that could lead up to a goal. Many people are severely criticizing Marcelo for not bringing down SR in the counter that lead to the game winning goal. Kind of funny those fouls are considered completely acceptable and part of the game when in fact, it's just a different form of cheating.

condor11 and unclesox repped this.
  9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If we can't agree that some of these errors, while looking basic on TV with replays, are not that easy to make even by a trained individuals, then we can't have an honest debate. That's why I said I'd like to see people who criticize the smallest offside mistakes go out there and give it a try. As an example, in Ronaldo's 3rd goal vs Bayern, the linesman wasn't on the same level as the play and therefore can't make an accurate call. That's because sometimes they are trying to keep up with professional athletes and don't have the speed to do so.

I doubt you have any data saying that offside mistakes in EPL are any better. If you do, I'd like to see it. Think of the mistakes we just saw in the CL. Think of mistakes made in WCs. I watch Brazilian football and I see the same issues.

Like I said, it has been scientifically proven that humans cannot consistently call those small offside infractions correctly. The concept is very simple, but the reality is very different. That's why I said, until video replay is implemented, I don't really aggravate over plays with small margin of offside. Only the big ones.

Could there be some corruption in the system ? Sure. But I've watched enough games to say that I've seen it go both ways. Generally speaking, the big teams get more calls than the small ones. I've seen Barca get screwed, I've seen them get favored. And the same with RM. I just really dislike making every mistake some conspiracy theory and at the same time, ignore calls that have gone your way.

unclesox and condor11 repped this.
  10. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    you have to understand that he truly believe Cristiano is better than Messi and has always been..he cant face reality and is by far the most disappointed person on bigsoccer about the clasico result

11. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    yep Marcelo getting criticised for not purposely hacking down Messi is bizarre

if he had dived to get a pk he would be publicly shamed by the same people

12. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I posted a photo that showed 3 Real Madrid players were offside by a mile and the referee standing with a clear vision and you are debating that was a difficult call? What are you about really? If you don't understand the difference between A- sensory, visual errors that not intended and out of the referee control with B- failure to perform an intended task then you are right, we can't argue. Those are two totally different errors and for you to group them together it means you lack a basic understanding of human behavior and human errors.

Second, you keep talking about rational and keep away from emotion, yet in Barcelona forum, you keep defending Marcelo! Acting out of the emotion of being Brazilian and not being rational. Marcelo intentionally elbowed our savior Messi, and Marcelo (and Modric) both actually tried to foul Sergio Roberto to stop his run but Sergio was fast and cleverly kept his balance (video included). Stop being so hypocrite.

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    WTF ... I wasn't referring to that offsides, I clearly was talking about the first one posted.

14. emoney

emoney Member

May 10, 2008
    Bozeman, Montana
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    BTW did you notice how both Sergi and Suarez moved out of the way to create a little lane for Messi's shot? Suarez actually was almost like boxing out on a rebound!

puyol repped this.
  15. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It is actually when he tries to do this to block it :D

[​IMG]

16. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    WTF too, I mentioned the second offside and asked you about it three times in previous posts, but you chose to ignore it to serve your own argument.

17. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

For me it was clear that depending on how the game looked that the assistant ref was probably taking directives to act in favor for LPB without being too clear and obvious. Who says all officials have to be in on it, perhaps Perez only paid the linesman and not Hernandez. Also all these calls came after Barça was in front which is bad for LPB and title run, when it was a draw it was still in LPB hands and hence no need for extra help. Now talk about conspiracy theory [emoji23] [emoji23]

But guys Barca won please let the offside nonsense go. We all know that the pace of the game is faster than ever and all refs need help.

celito, puyol and illusion repped this.
  18. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The issue here is some think it's ok for the referee or linesman to have sub-par performance without being held accountable for the mistakes he has done including negligence and careless (which was very clear in some of the photos I posted). Without identifying the errors and the frequency its made by those refs then there is no measurement and counter measurement to prevent those game-deciding mistakes from recurring. This is a disaster approach if it was applied in any other system, the consciousness is a poor system which exactly what we have in La Liga refereeing system. This subject is much bigger debate than just "I would like to see some of you in the linesman shoes".

19. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    100% pen
    https://streamable.com/4d6fc

20. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Na not at all, contact was after CR had no control of the ball and went down like a sissy boy that he is. It's not like Suarez when he got kicked in the legs and punched in the throat while being in perfect position for the ball. [emoji23] [emoji23]

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I mentioned that the 2nd one was obvious in my first post.

22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Using still photography to show that a GK has poor technique? OH boy....

The ball came flying in about 6-10 inches from his head. If you want to get your hands to such a ball as quickly as possible, you have to twist your body. Although I know it looks bad for MAtS because it was the only shot he faced all match and it went in. Oh wait...:unsure:

24. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    El Día Después: amazing slow-mo shot of Messi's eyes getting wide as saucers as Alba fed him the assist.

ShortyMac repped this.
  25. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Luisito deserves an assist on the winning goal: Subtle but brilliant use of his big ass to screen Nacho off the shot.

"Suarez has the best ass in football" - Sid Lowe

http://imgur.com/a/SpcHA