PBP: La Liga Santander - Jornada 31 - Malaga v. FC Barcelona - 8 April 2017

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, Apr 7, 2017.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Juve basically had a scrimmage yesterday. Must be nice to play in a league where the second-best team, in the midst of their best form all season, still loses to LPB by 4 goals! :cautious:

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nowadays the big teams have a lot of data on each individual player telling them when it's appropriate to rest. But man, that's a lot of resting for Iniesta. He was also injured earlier this season so he hasn't played a whole season. He has 17 La Liga games. Maybe there is something wrong with him physically. That's the only reason I can think of.

RM actually rested basically the whole team midweek though.

3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

4. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    slowmes is more appropriate. I still don't want to blame the player, obviously, he doesn't have confidence at all for sometimes now but the coach still insists on starting him and giving him more minutes. The process of his integration to the team has been rapid and only affected him negatively. We all know Lucho is not into developing players here and insisting on playing Gomes only did burn the player, not helped him. Nothing but ego and pride why Lucho is playing Gomes all the times and let a talented and much-needed player for his position like Vidal rot on the bench for a year.

5. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I'd blame both. He gets so many chances to play but still doesn't get in form/shape/rhythm with the rest of the team means he's no good, especially for this team. But I do understand what you mean. He should be benched until pre season starts.

Also what the hell is up with Arda? He at least delivered when he played. More than Shitmes at least..is he still injured?

6. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Arda is injured and out for 3 weeks. I think this is his 4th injury this season and always happen when we have other players injured or busy schedule. For his price (41m) he is a liability and adds nothing to this team. Should be sold this summer.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Disagree. His purchase price is irrelevant at this stage. Its not like we get half of it back if we sell him quick. He does add depth in places that Barca desperately need it, but yeah... he also gets injured somewhat regularly.

8. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What do you mean the price is irrelevant? Would you spend USD 1mio on a Ferrari that you can't or barely use? Knowing that you are not that rich and made that stupid decision to buy it. You cut your losses and sell, because the cost of keeping the car and the maintenance are high without getting a return on the investment.

9. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    according to Lucho in his press confress before the juve match he will play Gomes as DM not mascherano ... god help us all ... :unsure:

10. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am still trying to find words for this one. What a shitshow. What an opportunity squandered.

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The maintenance of the Ferrari is analogous to Arda's salary, not his purchase price. So yeah.. if he's getting an insane salary (I honestly don't know) then maybe sell him provided Barca don't have to compensate his future salary and they get a decent replacement to fill his (bench) role.

But you're not getting a refund on the purchase price (there's is no cutting that financial loss) if you sell him so that's why its irrelevant what Barca paid for him.

12. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    there has to be some thought into resting Iniesta so much

one just does not decide to rest him for the hell of it...surely

13. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I wouldn't bet on it. Lucho is a moron so I can see why he would rest Iniesta thinking team will have a solid midfield without him.

I'd play Iniesta, secure goals than sub him. Not the other way around, throwing him out there after going a goal behind won't help as the the game looks different.

You think to highly of Lucho.. What's the grand master plan behind playing a below part Shitmes all season when everything points to him being utter useless?

illusion repped this.
  14. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Lucho likes shitshows, he's speciality this season throwing away valuable points with his endless tinkering and worthless rotations. I'm sure he'd be fired if it wasn't for the 6-1 against PSG.