PBP: La Liga Santander - Jornada 27 - Deportivo La Coruña v. FC Barcelona - 12 March 2017

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, Mar 11, 2017.

1. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    just saw the highlights , the corner that the second goal for depor came from was actually a Goalkick , no one touched that header from the corner before that and it clearly hit the post not MATS , or did i miss anyone getting a touch to it ? :confused:

2. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi looked burned out. It doesn't matter how many times Lucho rotates this team because at the end, it's Messi who win us games most of the times. Not resting Messi and resting players like Umtiti who played 730 minutes less doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Lucho is leaving, so he can drop Messi if he wants to without consciences on his future.

Umtiti has to start in every game, why Lucho keeps rotating him? We are at a crucial stage so he should stick with starting 11 and rotate only tired players like Messi.

inswinger, afar and Forzabarca repped this.
  3. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Messi should have rested, period -- but most of our team looked out of it.

I have been playing for 35+ years. Played in an amateur league Thursday's and Sunday's. Added Tuesday's, and fatigue starts to build up like crazy. Before the legs, the head goes. You are not sharp anymore -- you think you can do something, but you can't.

This is just amateur leagues, so imagine what happens at such a high, professional level.

Umtiti should definitely have played, though.

Rattlehead and illusion repped this.
  4. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Cutting the team some slack after the midweek game. It's not like they were horribly overrun by Deportivo. The less Gomes we see on the field at this point, the better. Is it me, or did Alba look fatigued (along with Roberto) around the 80 minute mark? Also, Denis Suarez didn't put in very many (if any) good crosses today.

The team missed Neymar, and if not for MATS, the scoreline could have been worse. I still don't think that's it for the league, it's pretty funny that some think that. It may be over (we will find out in the coming weeks), but there's still enough rounds to play, that anything can happen. Wednesday was very draining emotionally and physically for the team. Lucho could have put out a better lineup, and unfortunately, I think that Masche has shown in the past two matches that he can't play CB anymore.

Here is the things with managers. In this modern day and age of football, the players make so much money and the stars have so much power, that the managers are left pretty much on their own. Don't like the coach's tactics? Act petulant and out they go. The fans are even more hilarious, because at the first sign of dropped points they are out in full force on social media adding in their "knowledgable" two cents. One year you're the manager of the year, the next year you're out of the team. All because the players have decided that the tactics that worked previously (for whatever reason) no longer hold true.

When the team drops points, sometimes we can blame the manager for getting the lineup or tactics wrong. More often, it's on the players though. Take Wednesday for example, Emery must have told the PSG players what to do, how to play tactically etc. They just all played poorly, with the exception of maybe Di Maria? Emery can't go and run on the field and take over for either Cavani or Di Maria when they're one on one with MATS. I don't think he needs to coach them on how to score one on one either. Those misses were down to the players. Now, I know PSG also isn't leading the league, but with that disaster of a result (for PSG) he may very well lose his job.

5. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yes, agreed. If Umtiti and Pique are fit, that's the CB pairing the rest of the way.

6. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I dont know but just cause Barca had that amazing result midweek doesn't mean that Barca problems are gone.. one fantastic game doesn't change everything and tonight showed this team and coach is still not in 100% harmony. Yeah they can pull something like Wednesday but...Jeee!! Messi always look like shit with Shitmes starting.

Also why would the win on Wednesday drain the entire team? why not boost and motivate even further? No idea using Wednesday result as an excuse. Lucho still a clueless moron who doesn't understand, he clearly messed up an fantastic opportunity against Depor and that inexcusable. Well I was fooled that things would change but no, he´s an idiot thinking PSG changes everything.. he just made sure the amazing form and boost come crashing down hard. Now either a bounce back or a downward spiral and going from triplete to maybe CDR.

puyol repped this.
  7. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Like Forzabarca said, we could have avoided this defeat with better planning from the management. Few days celebration after PSG win is fine but then the management had enough time to prepare for this game. I won't blame a single player because the whole team played badly due to rotating half of the team. How many times has the management done this same mistake over and over and cost the team so many points? This rotation is killing the team.

8. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This game just proved the Umtiti rule once again.

La Liga this season:

With Umtiti: 16 wins, 0 draws, 0 defeats
    Without Umtiti: 2 wins, 6 draws, 3 losses

Forzabarca repped this.
  9. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

puyol repped this.
  10. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #60 Hendrixforpope, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Time to focus on the Champions League :ninja:

Who would have thought? :ROFLMAO:

condor11 repped this.
  11. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    It's lot simpler to blame one guy and also a lot easier to sack one guy than a whole bunch of players

This result should hopefully refocus the team on the tasks ahead

12. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    not over yet. Madrid is at the top and has one game in hand,they have big advantage but not impossible to equalize.

condor11 repped this.
  13. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Neither team are playing like they could run away with the league

unclesox repped this.
  14. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The issue with your argument is that one person is the boss. He is responsible for the team, not the other way around. Each player has a specific role, if one or two players didn't play well, follow his instruction, tactics or let him down, he can easily bench them. He is the one who benched Vidal the whole season for one stupid mistake he made so it's not like he has no choice. Players sometimes are careless but the manager can't afford to be careless. That's why the manager should be more accountable for team's result and the way they play.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Didn't watch the game but ugh ... bad result. As predicted , hangover from Wednesday . Gonna check the highlights out.

16. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Madrid will drop many points. They have relatively more difficult fixtures than us
    [​IMG]

17. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand

I am not speaking in regards to this game or lucho in particular

But in general terms. When things go bad I don't particularly believe one individual is solely to blame for these bad things. To me that goes for all team sports not just football

That's not to say that I believe managers are blameless

illusion repped this.
  18. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    I watched first half ...kickoff was at 4.15am..

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Looks like Mats had a good game, but in the first goal with the conditions being wet, he shouldn't have tried to grab ball. He should have punched it towards the end line.

And yeah, in the second goal that shouldn't have been a corner as he didn't touch the ball.

Half a week and CL becomes a possibility and La Liga is a little more distant, what a crazy few days.

20. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Don't think that matters.. Like the away game at Depor was supposed to be easy [emoji19] [emoji35]

21. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

MATS should definitely be blamed for the goal. Yeah he made a great saves but that's what goalkeepers are supposed to be doing, saving everything they can. We can easily blame MATS for his blunder but lucky for him it was 1-1 just after halftime so team had enough to recover. Here if there is a blame it's on Lucho for underestimating Depor, fielding another weak messed up line up with Shitmes while there was no immediate need to rest those who played PSG. Lucho Lucho Lucho! There will be absolutely no big title with this retard as coach. He's just to experimental.

puyol repped this.
  22. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    MATS was amazing last night and our defensive positioning on corners is bad,period.Alba/Masche cant win duels,both goals were soft and came from straightforward setpiece actions,the story is that we couldnt get past the depor bus,Arda and Messi received the ball far away from the box and depor were very organized.

Gomes does his job but we need more than doing the job,he has to go,it is written on the wall.

Denis,he did okay but the thing is Arda didnt trouble Juanfran too much,the good chances we had came from sergi roberto which means for messi sergi roberto and rakitic were ideal to play and arda has no problem but Iniesta also didnt do well and we should not be playing him in such games,we need to sign a replacement very quickly this summer whoever it is,Pique/Busquets were fine and the goals were not their fault,the corners came perfectly to the weakest player in the air,Alba.

So,yeah we should have scored in the first half and put the pressure on,Iniesta needs a replacement and Rakitic too,basically the mdifield needs great competition,one or perhaps 2 good midfielders one of whom is sergi roberto,there should be one more.Look at all the other clubs,they have a very good 5 midfielders for 3 spots.

The guy we should sign is Joshua Kimmich,it will solve two problems in one and he will come because he is not getting much playing time under ancelotti and barca will be a great place for him.

23. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I didn't think it was going to be easy. Deportivo is one place above regulation zone so those teams are really dangerous. They only lost once at home since mid-November. Like I said, the management should have prepared better for this game but by looking at the formation and starting lineup, you wonder if they really bothered preparing for this game.

Forzabarca repped this.
  24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    True, definitely should not have been a corner BUT... that goal was coming. After the Suarez goal Depor were all over Barca! Plus it was just a corner. No excuses!

25. Omideyi

Omideyi Member

Dec 13, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Lucho keeps on trying to be too clever with his selections and rotations, and doesn't seem to ever learn from his mistakes. managers try to overcomplicate things sometimes though, so it looks like they are the geniuses, and he is more guilty of it than most. Umtiti HAS to play every game, and Andre Gomes shouldn't play any. everyone can see this, but the more they say it, the more Lucho stubborn he becomes. it's so frustrating.

having said that, the league is not over yet by any stretch of the imagination. Real will drop a ton of points between now and the end of the season, so we just have to make sure we don't. I'm concerned by this upcoming FIFA break though, as that's what completely destroyed our season a year ago. we've used so much energy to fight back into contention in both La Liga and the CL, the last thing we need are these energy-sapping internationals. some big games too, with Brazil v Uruguay and Argentina v Chile.

if he manages this next month or so right, then Lucho has a chance to leave as an all-time legend, but to do so he has to accept that the players are the geniuses here, and not him.

puyol repped this.