PBP: La Liga Santander - Jornada 18 | FC Barcelona vs Levante | 7 January 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You cant say popping up the right place and the right time as garbage goal. Suarez usually miss those kind of chances, in fact he missed one earlier in the game. CR miss countless that kind of chances in classico.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    True, it was still a good first touch and good technique on the shot. Suarez made his own luck there.

Edit: k nevermind, thought you were talking about Suarez. :unsure:

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I meant 4 or 5 of those goals were more like garbage time goals. More like end of game or adding a 3rd goal.

4. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

➔ 5 out of the 6 assists by Jordi Alba this league season have been for Lionel Messi.
    ➔ 5 out of the 6 assists by Sergi Roberto this league season have been for Luis Suárez.

TEAM-UPS

ShortyMac and evil_allan repped this.
  5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh you mean not crucial goal, yea but considering his playing position, he still get on scoresheet every now and then which is good imo. In fact he still could possibly having his highest scoring season ever, hopefully.

6. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    [​IMG]

unclesox and Forzabarca repped this.
  7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Poor Gomes. Still getting his name mispronounced by both English broadcasters of La Liga in the USA after 2 years, despite having one of the more common first and last names in the latin world! :laugh:

Yeah, a bit lucky for Cavani that goal tallies in Ligue 1 aren't deflated to take into account that its a weaker league. The deflation coefficient is only applied to leagues outside the top 5 and France is right at #5 atm.

8. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's the Portuguese pronunciation I think.

9. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

That's some nice bull! Ligue-1 should not be giving a 2 point factor. They don't even have 3 spots for CL. Insane!

10. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The top 4 leagues have been spain-germany-england-italy since forever , why the hell do they include a fifth ( Portugal-france-netherland-etc) with them when it comes to goals scored ?

well it seems that Neymar is going to try to remove Cavani from PSG to be able to get that golden boot next season :sneaky: , and i think then mbappe will be the one who will out score him :D

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I think its more like the rural British/American pronunciation of a Portuguese name. :p

There was actually a fairly well-known Gomes that played for Portugal last decade (Nuno). Nobody pronounced his name with one syllable like Phil & Ray do, afaik.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    One syllable is the correct Portuguese from Portugal pronunciation. In Brazil we say it as 2 syllables.

ShortyMac, Viscaelbarca and BocaFan repped this.
  13. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well I can't say for sure as only latin thing I know is porque :D , but at least these pronounce it with one syllable.

https://forvo.com/word/andré_gomes/

14. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

How difficult is it to spell or pronounce shit?

15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That is bizarre! Portugal Portuguese does sound closer to Russian than real (Brasilian) Portuguese, I find.

Viscaelbarca repped this.
  16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I never understood why people think it sounds like Russian but I can see why now.

First few secs ... how they pronounce it.

Viscaelbarca repped this.
  17. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ohhhh so it's pronounced Gomesh ... why the hell have we been nicknaming him shitmes instead of Gomeshit then ...

@Forzabarca that's on you :mad: you bastard !!!

Forzabarca and Viscaelbarca repped this.
  18. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    i always found brazilian portuguese interesting from the brazilian movies i watched,i used to compare it to spanish which again i heard from mexican/colombian spanish from the shows/movies watched and i found it very diffferent.

Rio Grande Do Sul is pronounced like Hio Grandj de sul and also why does everyone say brasul instead of brazeel...