La Liga no longer interesting?

Discussion in 'Spain' started by richo, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Pyros

Pyros Member

Sep 6, 2009
    La Coruña
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The ones who are missing the point are the ones that think that football is played outside the field instead of in it, that's you buddy.

EPL is about as fun as watching paint dry, you're popular because of england's colonial past and the english language being the 2nd language in most countries, those countries will obviously turn to the PL before other leagues.

Too bad you can't compete with La Liga even with that built in advantage. You'll keep yapping, and spanish teams will keep winning the trophies, if you're happy with that, cool. It works for me too.

2. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If the EPL is as fun as 'watching paint dry' then it wouldn't be BY FAR the worlds most popular league would it! And that is a FACT, until the Spanish take a moment to deal with their leagues problems (mainly the awful lack of competition) and until the statistics prove otherwise the Spanish league will always be trailing behind other European leagues. Alternatively you can keep trying the 'hey look at us aren't we really great' technique but it obviously aint working!

3. Pyros

Pyros Member

Sep 6, 2009
    La Coruña
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I already explained the reason of your popularity, you didn't even attempt to adress my points since you know I was right.

Too bad popularity doesn't help you to avoid getting whooped in the football field, huh? ;)

4. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Of course you are not 'right' lol, your excuses are rubbish! Nobody forces the people of Asia or Africa to watch the EPL, they do so because it is FAR more entertaining than the completely un-competitive world of Spanish football! The fact that they are now trying to take the game out of the country makes it even more of a joke! The Spanish should be 'up in arms' over it but because there are only two teams in Spain they probably don't even care!

5. Pyros

Pyros Member

Sep 6, 2009
    La Coruña
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    What excuses? Lol. I would need excuses if I actually cared about people watching your "kick long balls and hope it works" football. Everyone outside Spain can watch your league and ignore La Liga as long as spanish teams keep winning the trophies, as far as I'm concerned.

Excuses are for the ones losing, so keep making excuses about how great you are despite winning f*ck all in Europe, loser.

6. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes 'kick long balls and hope it works' is exactly how Guadiola, Klopp etc likes to play football, look NO league in Europe is 'perfect' (despite the Spanish 'thinking' they are) but while most leagues will face their imperfections and deal with them for some strange reason the Spanish won't even admit their problems, instead its 'look at us' 'look at us', (obviously an inferiority complex at work). If you want to attract more eyeballs then perhaps a more level playing field will increase competition, which will increase interest is all I'm saying. Or else alternatively you can just create more threads like this where you all try and convince yourselves of your perceived superiority by insulting 'other' leagues from the safety of your keyboards and nothing changes! And for gods sake start protesting about breaking your league apart with overseas games before its too late! :-D

7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Your argument is that there's only two good teams in La Liga yet when I demonstrate the 7th placed Spanish team beat the top team in England home and away in the space of 8 days .... I'm missing the point ?

Yawn ...

8. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No it isn't!! My argument is that the Spanish league is un-competitive because two teams take more than their fair share! Again you can't get your head around the 'look at us aren't we great', 'I'm better than you' thing - THAT is my point, and like I said until the Spanish 'get over themselves' and stop their constant d*ck waving contests they just might realise what it is that makes the EPL more appealing to fans around the world! Now can you see 'my argument'?

9. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    All clubs are money based not just the big two in La Liga ...

Look how greedy the premier league clubs are when it comes to sharing out money with the lower leagues ...

10. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes but the 'big' two in Spain take more than their share from TV etc, Madrid have always practically been backed by the government - while the Spanish are hell bent on creating one (maybe two) superclubs so that they can do the 'hey aren't we wonderful thing' they are missing the point - people want to see real competition in the league, they want to be excited and it doesn't matter how many times Madrid win the Champions league until Spain creates a level playing field in its league people aren't going to be as interested as they are in 'other' Euro Leagues.

11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    You don't think Man United or Chelsea or whoever would do exactly the same thing .....

Anyways money Isn't everything ...

Look at ManCity ... they've being paying 45 - 50 MILLIONs on squad players who aren't even considered as starters ..

Then look at PSG who along with City spend more than ANYONE and still fail miserably in Europe especially against the top Spanish clubs ...

Real Madrid are winning the CL competition and they've hardly spent anything over he last few windows ( compared most ) ..

12. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm sure they would if they could even to the detriment of the EPL, I see you can't resist a bit more d*ck waving (Spaniards have a serious inferiority complex) - which is sad, because until you stop admiring yourselves and look at the bigger picture Spanish football won't get any more 'attractive' as a sports league.

13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    We haven't even touched on the the supposedly stronger EPL who's winning team last year were 17 points clear of second place :)

Laughable argument on so many levels

14. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You are SUCH a good example of the problem! I am trying to tell you how to improve the Spanish League and ALL you do is CONSTANTLY harp on 'we are better than you nah ne nah ne nah'!!! Its got feck all to do with how good (two) teams are!! In fact that IS the problem, like most Spaniards you are soooo busy d*ck waving (inferiority complex surely) that you can't even see the problem!

15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I'm done with you fella ..

I gave THE best example available with the 7th placed Bilbao famously beating top placed ManU at home and away and playing them off the pitch at the same time - yet you ignore the facts and say I'm talking about the best two Spanish teams ...

Pointless ..

16. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And AGAIN you miss the point because you are too busy d*ck waving - what the feck has Bilbao v Manchester United got to do with it!? The almost comical constant boasting and derision of the EPL (what Spaniards do) is NOT going to make the Spanish League more appealing! Try and get down off your 'high horse' for five minutes and think about if for a moment!

17. Pyros

Pyros Member

Sep 6, 2009
    La Coruña
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    https://www.economist.com/business/2018/08/25/spains-league-wants-to-dominate-the-global-game

Even your own press (if you're even english, since most probably you're just a foreign plastic fan) agrees that La Liga is better, LMAO :ROFLMAO:

18. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Virtually every La Liga game is great to watch with attractive football (ironically Barca no longer play beautiful football under the current manager - hopefully he won't last too much longer ) and the vast majority are competitive.
    At the end of last season Barca were going for a record of going unbeaten all season and LOST to one of the minnows at the bottom of the league !!

To watch good football in the EPL you have to watch Liverpool , Man City to a lesser extent ( as they're more predictable) and maybe now Chelsea , Arsenal ,Wolves and Fulham even Bournemouth...

19. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No it isn't! Even Barcelonas tikka takka was dull as dishwater! It might well have been successful but it was akin to watching 'paint dry' tippy tapping it for 5 minutes at a time at the back! Yaaawn! The league is a two team league that nobody watches, if it is so interesting why are the attendances so small!? Why do people in the world watch the EPL instead? Football isn't just about 'winning' first and foremost its supposed to be entertainment! That's the point of it, unfortunately the Spanish are too busy d*ck waving to see this to the detriment of the league there.

20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    So Burnley , the EPL 7th best team just failed to even qualify for the Europa League LoL

21. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This has got NOTHING to do with it!!! Once again you are so busy d*ck waving you fail to see the point! And this is a GREAT example as to why the Spanish league will NEVER rival the EPL, Serie A or the Bundesleague in a popularity contest! Why are the Spanish so desperate for attention? Do you all have inferiority complexes?

22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Seems as though you're obsessed with 'waving d**ks' ... that's not my scene so I'll just ignore you ..

23. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You are the one waving your d*ck you can't think any further than giving it the old 'were better than you', like you are trying to prove something. The fact is that the Premier League IS the worlds most popular football league, it obviously isn't because Manchester United or Liverpool are 'bestest in the world' so there is another reason right? So if the Spanish can stop and think about it they might eventually 'get it', make the product better, make it more competitive, make it less 'top heavy'. The problem is exactly the same as the Scottish problem and that is why it doesn't matter how 'good' the teams are, many years ago the Scottish league used to be far more popular but because there are only two clubs that ever win the league interest drops - Celtic / Rangers 50'000 fans every home game no problem, the rest........lucky to get 10'000, its a catch 22 and it doesn't matter how successful Celtic are, or will become the problem is competitiveness within the league itself.

24. Force Barca

Force Barca Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 23, 2017
    Best league in the world. EPL doesn't come close

25. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And you base this on what exactly (this is where you can't see past the 'we are better than you' thing). The EPL, more competitive top to bottom, more entertaining, and without doubt more popular not only within the host country but across the world, and until you can get past the 'd*ck waving' (something Spaniards seem incapable of) it will continue to stay that way.