La Liga Announce VAR. Catalonia Announce Secession - The Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don’t think it is to be fair. Keeper didn’t have hold of it. It looks bad but that’s mainly the follow through with the knee that he can’t help really.

Lyra repped this.
  2. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    We'd have another CL trophy if barca hadn't gotten away with cheating against us for sure.

S1na repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  4. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Correct, had the keeper had both hand on the ball , 100% foul, in this case, VAR made the correct call, not foul.

AppleBob86 repped this.
  5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
  6. Marco25

Marco25 Member

Sep 1, 2018
    1087019923392659456 is not a valid tweet id

Our tactics and go to formula for winning these past 10 years lmao

7. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He touched the ball first

[​IMG]

Stiliyan and Eddie repped this.
  8. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Dangerous play

Stiliyan repped this.
  9. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We reached a final and many semi finals in between. Different from losing in the 16s for six straight years.

We expected to be among the europe top four at least. We were not at this lvl until Mourinho came.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So as long as the goalkeeper doesn't have the ball under control I can Slam my knee into his face? Sounds awesome.

11. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His knee slamming GK face was not an intentional foul, but a follow though. He had full right to go for the ball as it was still not captured by the GK.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They didn't collide by coincidence, Suarez stretched his leg towards the goalkeeper, risking a colleagues health in the process. Dangerous play, no goal. It's like performing a bicycle kick goal next to the goalkeeper. It doesn't matter if he has the ball yet or not, it doesn't even matter if you land the blow or not, if you're willingly risking a players health, it's a foul.

Another example is jumping two legs stretched out into a player. Even if the opponent jumps over the challenge, it's a foul.

Might as well play every cross into the goalkeeper now and just bash his head in along with the ball, just make sure he hasn't touched the ball yet, obscene.

13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You are a refo_O? He hits his hand, in what world is that not a foul? Keeper was getting to the ball when he was fouled by Suarez, the contact is clear. Suarez gets 0% of the ball, only hits the keeper.

And VAR wasn't even consulted.

temesgen and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The striker market is dry, i don't blame them. For clubs like AC Milan that aren't an attraction anymore it's either players like him or taking a huge risk on a youngster.

15. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
  16. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017

Zidane05 repped this.
  17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why did Atleti need Morata and vice versa? I know they selling Kalinic and Gelson Martinez but still they have Costa and Griezmann for those positions. Is he gonna be a sub there too?

Dude could have benefited from playing at a club with lesser pressure.

18. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    That bad luck being Concentrao. Makes moronic tackle in 90th instead of blocking pass in the box and Bayern scores for 2:1 lead. That right there is what cost Mou his CL title with Real Madrid.

Marco25 repped this.
  19. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Studs up in the hands of the goalkeeper who is first on the ball. Of course it is clear foul.

This goal was actually given? Despite VAR? This season is a complete joke.

verde-rubro, S1na and Eddie repped this.
  20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The least i would expect the ref to do in that situation is to check the VAR himself. Dude didn't even bother...

I can see a trend developing where the refs don't check VAR themselves just so they can shift the blame from them to VAR refs.

21. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Nothing surprises me anymore. Especially in case of Suarez. This guy is getting absurd calls through out his career. Studs up into the hand and as cherry on top he hits his head with his knee. Dude gives the goal and does not even bother to check VAR whose purpose is exactly this. But the irony, the goal would probably stand anyway.

If this was RM and Ramos not just that goal would not be allowed but also he would get a red card for dangerous play.

S1na and Stiliyan repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We knew it would be like this.

VAR is only a effective as the system of referees and officials which use it.

We knew it would somehow be used against us and for barca.... like always.

J-Mezzy and S1na repped this.
  23. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  24. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    So I wonder what Florentino has up his sleeve....

Krzysztof Piatek goes to AC Milan for around £31m. Very good chance he will be a world class striker and definitely worth the punt. But we have not made a move.

Scratching my head in regards to who will be available in the summer. Maybe he really is banking on Benzema.

THEREALMADRIDFAN repped this.
  25. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Costa is not scoring. To be fair to Morata, though I have never really rated him, he has been unlucky at Chelsea. Crack head manager in Conte who got rid of Costa and now Sarri, Would give Sarri a pass if Chelsea's form hadn't rapidly dipped and they weren't in danger of dropping out of the top four. Playing Hazard as a striker makes little sense to me when watching them play. Morata as missed many chances but he's still better than nothing.