La Liga Announce VAR. Catalonia Announce Secession - The Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's what I had read previously as well. Lewandowski earning 15 ME gross etc. Makes sense given Bayern's wage structure.

Athletic Bilbao trying to convince Oyarzabal to join them. He has a 50 ME buyout with it being 60 ME for Bilbao. Though their lawyers think that teams can't have two buyouts as players themselves buyout their contract. La Real meeting with Oyazabal's father today with their renewal offer.

http://www.marca.com/futbol/athletic/2018/08/13/5b7136f4e5fdea8b358b4580.html

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He was only saying what we were saying on his forum; horrible roster.

It's funny hearing him ask for patience. Patience for what? That roster isn't going to magically turn to a good one. It's filled with shit players and "has beens". Their best (Ozil) played like he was supposed to be their worst.

3. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    I still don't understand how Arsenal Fan TV is popular. I can never make it more than a minute or two of that tripe.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The CdR games aren't really spread-out through the season. The R16, QF and SFs were played on 6 consecutive mid-weeks starting early January this year. And the final was in April.

Looks like next season will be spread-out a more, but not by much. Only 5 consecutive midweeks and then a 3-week break until the second-leg of the semifinal. Plus the final will be in late May.

5. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    I think Spurs will miss out. Didn't sign a single player this summer. Levy is too smart for his own good.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #10606 4x4s, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    Dood, better stop this, it's ameehzing ya?Don't mess wit ma fam bruv.

Let's be honest, if posts on bigsoccer would be in video format, the posts would be a LOT worse than AFTV.

PigBenis, Umar, Saeta Rubia and 3 others repped this.
  7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What happened to Conte and Milan? Wasn't he supposed to take over from Gattuso?

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Most likely can't afford his wages.

9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I heard that he's having some legal battles with Chelsea about his compensation. I am not sure how the two are related but it looks like that caused the delay. He'll most likely become Milan coach in a couple of months.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If he's suspended like Carlo was from Bayern, he'll have to sit out the remainder of his contract to collect his compensation, which would be a true "HA HA" move from Chelsea towards him.

Deep Pal and Eddie repped this.
  11. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Monchi is taking Nzonzi to Roma from Sevilla.

Serie A taking away liga talent. Ughhh nzonzi is good

temesgen repped this.
  13. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We could have got Nzonzi. How much was the fee?

14. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We couldve gotten Ben Yedder, Batshuyai, or Gameiro, all goalscorers who couldve added depth to our attack. Even Andre Silva was attainable. Why da eff are we not looking for forwards, its literally been our weakest position since Pipita left, and even more so now that our forward will be expected to score.

libertao, Deep Pal, Digital and 3 others repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well, multiple reasons:

1. We would have to commit multiple years to a player who's contract value would significantly drop the minute he puts on the shirt, since he can only sign downwards from us and not sideways on the same level anymore. Coentrao was that case for us. We signed high quality backup and that contract is hanging over the club like a ghost.

2. Belief in the players there / not real rotation happening in certain positions. With Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale, and Asensio and Isco, and and and, you already have minutes spread all across the squad. Now without Ronaldo we all expected a big signing but this brings me to my next point:

3. Keeping financial and squad space open. If Neymar would have been a realistic target, the club would have pumped a large amount of money and wouldn've went with that promise. Since this player wasn't available, we weren't going to do the same with somebody less than that. We're simply going to ride it out and go at it again next summer. Chelsea thought we'd be desperate for a name when we talked about Hazard but allegedly we didn't even offer half of what they thought they'd get out of Madrid "desperate for a big star", but contrary to what happened decades ago, the club didn't budge.

Halycon, 9Qui and Shay Z repped this.
  16. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Coentrao was very useful in Mourinho's league winning season and Carlo's CL run. Obviously his transfer fee was a little too high, but for the money he would earn, I think players like him are worthwhile. We dont need a squad of 25 starter quality players, or excellent value players, we can afford a couple role players. Henrik Larsson and Giuly for example were very useful for Barcelona in Rijkaards years, and same goes for Torres at Atletico round 2.

Between Isco and Asensio, we should be ok with Ronaldo's minutes, but the problem has always been Benzema's backup. We right now only have 2 players who can play that role, and neither has shown enough promise. Unlike many here, I dont even mind Benzema starting, but you gotta have a plan B when teams are bunkering and we need someone in the box, or when Benzema is going through a bad stretch. You can argue we only won the league in 16/17 because of Morata and Mariano off the bench.

You could be jeopradizing a season for transfers that might never happen. Unless we are really tight on money, whats a <50M striker purchase (minus Mayoral and RDT fees and wages). Will Ben Yedder really stop us from buying Neymar or Mbappe if they are available? Lets not forget we went and bought Ronaldo, Benzema, and Kaka when we had Robben, Sneijder, VDV, and Huntelaar already, and then again with Bale when we had Ozil, and James when we had Di Maria.

17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Romanero, CR7PT, Deep Pal and 5 others repped this.
  18. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
  19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Lmao. Legend.

Feels like there is a Copa America every year now. Lol. So he'll un-retire for it next year. Dude is a joke.

Romanero, Glide84, CR7PT and 5 others repped this.
  20. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:cry:

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This dude is a clown.

All the shit Cristiano has taken in his career and he has never tried a stunt like this.

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nacho has outdone him in every single aspect and he cost the club 0 Euro. Clearly Cases like Lucas Vazquez have pushed this idea even further that young domestic players can outperform expensive players at half the cost.

We won't pay 50 mil. for a Plan B player that plays 800 minutes or so.

We basically made a loss on all the Dutch players.At a time when we're already stretching the boundaries financially, the club simply can't afford to waste budget for 7 months or so.

23. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Good ole Zidanes y Pavones. :) Only there aren't too many Zidanes these days. And our Pavones are better.

Shay Z, Bear Crotch and Digital repped this.
  24. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Since 2006 when Messi played his first major tournament, he played in a major international tournament every year, excpet 2009, 2012, 2013 and 2017. Anyway, he played in 8 or 9 tournaments, depending you considered the 2008 Olympics as a major tournament. That is draining for a player, but he better wins something. He has plenty of chances to do something. He has great teammates too.

Okay, he got the Gold Medal in 2008. Making to 2014 WC Final was not a bad result.

Anyway, he will have another chance next summer. Is he giving it up?

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    All that shows is how desperate CONEMBOL has been, even going as far as creating tournaments to get him a major trophy.

Oh and how much a failure messi is when he is with his national side.

Ahmadi8 and Deep Pal repped this.