La Liga Announce VAR. Catalonia Announce Secession - The Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zidane05 repped this.
  2. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Salah is fantastic

3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Great goal . That defender :laugh:

4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Salah's 2 goals in the first half, he overtakes Kane as the league's top scorer.

5. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sevilla is not attactive for him despite the better players than the current crop he has in Man Utd and their richer heritage.

Is it not the job of managers to improve their players?
    Casemiro Asensio were not worth much before Zidane now their values would have at least doubled.

Sane Sterling otamendi Debruyne would have at least doubled in valuation since playing under Guardiola.

Salah Kane Erikson Mane have all improved since meeting their current managers.

How many players under Mourinho currently at man utd whether bought by him or he met there have improved that way?

If martial Sanchez Mikitaryan Pogba Lindelof etc are all playing like ninnies, you can't absolve Mourinho his tactics or his management style of it

6. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    26 in 31 in the PL for Salah at HT today

7. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Reckon the PL player of the season will be fought between Salah & De Bruyne, with the latter winning.

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Four for Salah.

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Salah has won me over. What a player. He is legit.

Halycon repped this.
  10. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Class. his technique, moves and skills just so amazing.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Casemiro:

I think the interview is from yesterday or the day before.

I know that a lot of his former players absolutely adore him. There's a good chance Manchester United simply isn't for him, but even in Madrid, many of his former players speak highly of him.

Nobody absolves anybody of anything. Fact is the squad is average. This isn't a squad that would play nice football regardless. In fact, Manchester United haven't played anything pleasing for almost a decade or so. That's Mourinho's point.

12. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I have no love for Jose and of course he shares blame for what's happening at United but he is definitely making some good points in his rant. Man United have a mediocre team full of mediocre players. CL last 16 is their level right now. Many Manchester fans know this too and admit it. Its just the mass hysteria the media creates that shapes the narrative that surrounds it all.

4x4s is absolutely right about Manchester United prospects being the most hyped (by their own fans) in the world. I used to visit their forum a lot back in the day and they thought Martial and Janusaj are gonna be the next Cristiano and Neymar. Memphis was gonna be a world beater. Macheda was gonna be Lewandowski. That it was just a matter of time. Not even Barcelona (when La Masia was relevant) or Arsenal prospects over the last decade have been as hyped as theirs.

With the squad he has this is their level. Losing to Sevilla the way they did is still not acceptable though. I mean 4 shots on target. Brutal. Maybe some people expect that Jose will make them overachieve. Maybe that's a fair expectation considering his big name and the way he presents himself as if he was still top 3 coach in Europe.

Where Jose has to take the blame is the tactics. His are antiquated. Do we see any new thing from him that he didn't do or have back in his Inter days or Madrid days. Second thing is his involvement in the massive spending on players who haven't delivered like Pogba. With the money they have spent they really should have at least 3-4 players they can build around. Right now they have nothing. The game seems to be passing Jose by very rapidly. If he doesn't adapt he could be coaching in the Russian league in 5 years or be the NT manager of an African or middle east country.

13. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Regardless of what Casemiro says and what Mourinho did, His output under Mourinho didnt look any good. His improvement post Mourinho is day and light

His last 3 jobs haven't been great. His current job looks bad at Man Utd, there are not much clubs left for him. His claim to god status is almost a decade ago

The teams isn't as bad as Mourinho wants to make it seem. Its the same Mourinho tactics of severely underrating his team so he can later tell us how he dug them from this great ditch.

This so called average squad has one of the highest wage bill in the league and in Europe
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/top-clubs-with-the-highest-wage-bills-in-europe/10
    Of the top 3 scorers in the EPL last season, Mourinho bought 2 of them. Pogba was a FIFpro 11 before meeting Mourinho, DeGea is a top 3 keeper in the world, Matic is a top 5 DM, Mata was the top assister in the league before he met Mourinho.
    In direct comparison to City
    Aguero = Alexis
    KDB = Pogba
    Sane = Martial
    Sterling = Rashford
    Silva = Mata
    Ederson = DDG
    Stones = Jones
    Delph = Young
    Otamendi = Bailly
    Fermandinho = Matic
    Jesus and Lukaku

All these players are in the same ballpark as those at City, So the average squad stuff is a poor Jose excuse

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and Hsain85 repped this.
  14. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Lukaku -Sanchez
    Mata
    Pogba - Herrera
    Matić
    Not exactly equivalent of the glory days or top of the crop. But still a team which should be competitive and should go through Sevilla.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was told not long ago what makes Mourinho so great is he overachieved with Porto and Inter. So yeah that's part of the expectation. Winning the CL today I don't think is anything a ManU fan realistically expects. But putting up a better display vs Sevilla is something he should be able to deliver with this group of players.

16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    You're right. I said as much in my post too. That display in those 2 games was pathetic. In the first leg Sevilla missed so many chances its egregious that United didn't capitalize on it. That's squarely on Jose.

Also....... I haven't seen a player look absolutely world class in one team and then a Real Betis level player in another like Pogba has done. Staggering. I don't even know how to explain it. Dude was literally passing to opposition players like Cesc does when playing against Barcelona.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Don't put it past a player to tank it on purpose to either get sold or get the coach fired. The 2nd case has happened way more often than people realize.

Pogba was always overrated IMO but he is better than this and Mourinho may not be the best coach to get the best out of him.

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Zidane05 and dipluso repped this.
  19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Doni, natenate101, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.
  20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I'm more confused than ever now, I need English media to explain to me if Kane is still as good as Cristiano and Messi? Should I abandon my Kane/Cristiano/Messi comp video project?

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He specifically asked for Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, and Matic. Pogba is sitting on the bench, Lukaku has done nothing to justify his move, and Sanchez has one goal since his move. Matic, the least sexy move of the 4, is the only one that has paid some returns back. Pogba and Lukaku have cost the team 200M in transfer money; Sanchez is about to cost the club a shit load more with all the renewals they'll have to do to rework their wage structure.

Romanero, Deep Pal, YOUNGSTARS87 and 2 others repped this.
  22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    You guys are right. Spending that much money and not having at least a core you can build around is pretty pathetic but are we sure he has full control over transfers at that club? Isn't Ferguson still there? Woodward has control over transfers? Also who can explain what's happened to Pogba apart from people who never rated him in the first place. Now if he moves to another team and returns to his Juventus form then we can say it was 100% on Jose.

I just think he's stating some facts in his rant no matter how petty its making him sound and look like.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Mou is stupid, his rant was to divert the attention . No one was asking him why they cant win the CL but getting eliminated by Sevilla. Come on..

Nathanial Essex and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mou wanted Pogba at Chelsea too. He was drooling over for him for so long and now he's a bench option. :D Pogba has attitude issues, but Mou shows little patience as well if players don't click right away. Felipe Luis, Salah at Chelsea for example.