La Liga Announce VAR. Catalonia Announce Secession - The Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Mourinho has a point. The squad is full of players that are worse than their Sevilla counterparts. If the domestic press wouldn't have completely disrepected Sevilla, they would have noticed. Banega is an international on a team far better than England. Just as an example. Ben Yedder has 8 CL goals, Lukaku (the top scorer) has 5.

Obviously tactics matter, but the way people in the british press talked about Sevilla it was as if they are rubbish. In terms of quality, this Manchester United squad has ridiculous holes. When was the last time they belonged to the best teams in Europe?

Benzema is treated like a total loser on this forum by many, but if he'd sign for Manchester United tomorrow, he would be an instant improvement over anybody else they have other than maybe Lukaku who at this point works well for them. This is the kind of squad they have right now.

Eddie repped this.
  2. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Damn, thank you for posting this. I had read the transcript but seeing the video takes this to a new level. He was on a tirade lol

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  3. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    You make it sound as if Sevilla has squad packed with quality, when in reality we are talking about a few great players and that is it. Specifically Banega and Nzonzi who were the difference makers besides Yedder. Anybody else? Lenglet?

On parallel Mou has Matić, Pogba, Mata and injured Herrera who are quality and should be able to produce proper combinatorics. While upfront he has substantially more quality options than Sevilla. He also has world class goalkeeper. Despite, they are playing like gargabe unable to produce a few meaningful passes, while managing whooping 6 shots on goal in two ties against the worst Sevilla in years.

Just another BS Mou apologetics similar to the one in RM, when local apologists were pulling out "the mighty Barca" rhetoric, while "flop" Modrić was rotting on the bench.

Ahmadi8, Raumdeuter and Halycon repped this.
  4. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Plus two who came from our youth team

5. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Not to mention that I think over half our squad was made of players we bought in2009 or 2010, we had a pretty new and/or young squad when he arrived. So most of them not reaching the CL quarters is actually pretty plausible.

I'd say a more important stat would be that we won 0 CL titles with Mourinho, and ALL of them without him. Much like Chelsea. And I'm pretty sure it will be the case with Manchester as well.

6. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    full of players that are worse? How you think Rashford or Martial would have handled the space Correa was getting? That idiot passed the ball just to De Gea in the 1st leg and in Old Trafford where he had these massive opportunities. Banega only shows up when he wants to and N'zonzi is the only player that would walk in this ManU side easily.

janos audron repped this.
  7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of the Sevilla players are better, but that is no excuse because these teams work with such massively different budgets. The question is why does Sevilla have better players when no one on that squad was bought for half of Pogba's fee? Just shows the poor and wasteful transfer history of United.

Shay Z, S1na, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Both are incredibly overrated. At their age Jesus Navas was destroying people with pace and acceleration. Not Cristiano Ronaldo, not Messi. That's where i am going with this. As soon as you put two feet in front of another at Manchester United you're considered a promise. Januzaj, Macheda, and all of them.

If you look at the 5 players with the most minutes this season for Manchester United you find players like Valencia and Ashley Young, playing fullback positions. Neither is a quality fullback. Mercado and Escudero are not top level players, but neither is Valencia or Young.

Then you look into their depth and you see players like Lindelof and Phil Jones who are practically Depor/Celta Vigo level players.

Bailley was playing for Villareal and is probably a good squad solution, but him and Smalling are not a top level CB pairing.

Pogba is playing terrible, Mata and Herrera are good options, but at this moment, even Atleti have better players in midfield. Facts.

Muriel and Ben Yedder are today better than anybody than Lukaku. Rashford, Martial and Lingard are Deulofeu level players right now.

Manchester United are as good with Mourinho as they were without him. That's his point, and that's a fact. They've been down for so long, but still believe they are top level.

Shay Z repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because United are in a market that brutally inflates player prices. Same as basically every Premier League team. Aston Villa outspends Sevilla, but they'd still get completely destroyed by them.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Also, Mourinho is blamed for selling De Bruyne, but De Bruyne now, is not De Bruyne then, which is why he was worth about 17 mil. or whatever Wolfsburg paid for him before selling him to Manchester City for 6 times that. Even so, if the club would know they have quality, they would have loaned him or sold him with a buyback. Instead they felt he was a whining little brat, complaining about not playing enough and just sold him.

Mourinho only wears one shoe in this. The other shoe is on Chelsea's foot.

Fact is at this moment, Manchester United have a worse squad than Manchester City, Chelsea, and Tottenham. Liverpool is up for discussion because i feel their midfield and defense is very suspect.

What's even worse for me, is that the press are singing the same tune, but nobody really asks the hard questions. Is this squad really that good? Is Alexis Sanchez contributing to the team, or did he just not fit them and they bought him just so that Manchester City could not get him? Who is in charge over all of these decisions?

11. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Man United has been mediocre since Fergie stepped down. They have been 2nd tier level for a decade now.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we're honest they were brutally overachieving towards the end of his tenure as well.

temesgen and Sarcasm Bot repped this.
  13. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IMO this line applies directly to what is being discussed here, just switch “Chelsea” for “Manure” both are equally to blame for the rubbish that is now Manure, add to that the continuous EPL press hype and there you have it, Moooo is not blameless, he has spent lots of money on recruitment of players since he’s been there, long may it all continue

Shay Z, Zidane05 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's true he makes some valid points, but this tirade makes him look petty as usual. While those points are valid for not winning the PL or CL, it's no excuse for putting up a completely toothless performance against a Sevilla team that it is not as strong as they've been in other seasons. Leave the media downplay of Sevilla aside. Those 2 performances were atrocious and yes much of it is on Mourinho's account. If some players like Pogba (even if he is vastly overrated0 are underperforming it's partially due to Mourinho not knowing how to use them.

And BTW, that was a lovely rant about Man City when nobody asked him about them or Pep. What does Man City have to do with him losing to Sevilla ?

Zidane05, janos audron and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    In that press conference he says him and the upper management are in 100% agreement with everything. So those signings are on Mourinho. If he doesn't know how to get the best out of them, it's his fault.

janos audron repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mourinho shoulders a lot of the blame, but the response of a lot of the pundits and former players is "how did Mourinho turn this great club into this?", when the truth is the other way around. How did Manchester United drop that low to hire Mourinho and basically surrender the entire club to him?

Madrid were starving for titles and a shake up, which is why the club hired Mourinho. He came in absolutely victorious and didn't hold back from doing anything. He is ruthless when it comes to getting the old players out (he pushed Rooney out of the squad and a brutally overpaid Schweinsteiger as well so you can see the pattern there), and he wants to win at any cost.

The main problem here is that Mancheser United don't realize the situation the club is in, while Madrid did and sort of went along for the ride as short as it was.

17. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Airitige, airitige. The fans, who I respect...

18. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Since Sevilla has better players than Man Utd

Will Mourinho jump at the chance to coach Sevilla

Sevilla has won more in 7yrs while correct on the surface it didn't tell us only Banega Nzonzi and 1 other player were in the winning Sevilla side, all the others were bought recently plus their record transfer is Luis Muriel at 20M.

If the report had been

Guardiola: City has only won the league twice in 50 years and made the CL semi final one time in their history.
    So why are fans expecting us to win what you don't regularly win for half a century

I am certain Mourinho will lead the chorus to laugh at him

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Player acquisition at Utd has been horrible and Mou hasn't improved them in that aspect either. Before Mou came in we already had a core of Iker, Higuain, Marcelo, Ramos and 2009 acquisitions like Ron, Benz, Xabi and Arbeloa. Only bad one was Kaka. Then we signed Ozil, Di Maria, Khedira and Carvalho in his first summer. Canales cost only 6 ME. So many great signings. At Utd, he signed Mikhi who's already gone and WR transfer fee and insane commission to Raiola for Pogba who is coming off the bench now in big games now.

20. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

"I got this job and I know the responsibility and expectations that come with it. I know the history of this club. I know what the fans expect from me. I am not nervous about this challenge. I have shown in the past decade that I can live with big expectations.

"I have never been very good at hiding behind words and philosophies. And I have never tried to do that. I have always been aggressive in my approach, regardless of the risks that come with it.

"It would be easy and pragmatic to point at the last three years. But I am not good at that aspect. I want to be more aggressive, we want to win titles.

"I have to prove things to myself, not to others. That's my nature. I would never be able to work without success. I always ask things of myself and of others, that’s in my nature.

"I could be defensive and point at our results in the past three years, but I cannot do that.
    http://www.beinsports.com/us/soccer/news/jose-mourinho-insists-he-wont-use-poor-manche/293255

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    974332905244823552 is not a valid tweet id

S1na repped this.
  22. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    #4347 janos audron, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Point being considering your statement was about being better. So who exactly is better than who? As for defense, neither is oozing with quality but Mutd has De Gea. So?

The question are not Atleti. The question is Sevilla. Okay? Pogba does not play terrible because he lacks quality. He plays terrible because of his coach. Modrić situation all over again.

The only one who would make a difference for Mutd is Yedder. Probably. Others not even close. Muriel is weak player, while Nolito is far from his best days. Mutd with Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial and Rashford has more quality and depth than Sevilla.

Ironically what does that tell you about his work? Why pay monster wages for a coach when you can have Moyes for 1/4 of that while Mutd being the same according to you and him. Comedy. The fact is that he has played like shit against Sevilla and not against top tier club. And that Sevilla had four incompetent donkeys upfronts until Yedder was subbed in. The fact is that his team under performed like crazy.

Stiliyan and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why would he? It's not an attractive position for him at this point of his career.

That's Sevilla's reality for the past 4 to 5 years though. This is a team that is getting an overhault almost every season.

I'd rather have Escudero than Ashley Young. No discussion about it. Goalkeepers are a luxury. Bayern have been doing great without Manuel Neuer. If you do your job well enough, competent is good enough in this position.

That coach about which Casemiro said made him feel like he is Cristiano Ronaldo and could beat anybody. Modric' debut season wasn't even bad, it's more the fact that the season was bad in general so people looked at Modric as not good enough.

Pogba came on, misplaced three balls and barely did anything worth looking at. His agent stepped up when they signed Sanchez demanding a better contract. He's better than this, but then again, Ruben Perez is better than this.

Martial and Sanchez did f*** all though. These guys were actually playing. It's not like Mourinho told them to not play well. Sanchez actually has more bad games than good games for Manchester since he signed for them, but then again, his time on the ball and shots on goal have absolutely shrinked since he joined them, mostly because at Arsenal all they did was look for him.

That he's not doing well. Neither are the players. He's responsible for the defeat, but his points still stand. Manchester United is a team full of average players that overspent on 3-4 players and barely adressed anything.

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd imagine those are pundits that probably never wanted him at the club because they knew what playing style he brought. So yeah they are not going to care to be fair in their analysis. But I guess I see where his response is coming from with that context in mind.

But if he is complaining about past transfers and what was left to him, he should look at the failed ones he is making (Pogba, Mkhitaryan, and now maybe Sanchez).

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mourinho has always relied on his close relationship to an agent to lead him in the transfer market. When he arrived in Madrid, he flooded the team with (although good) clients of his own agent. Since he's been in Manchester, he's been overpaying for at least one Raiola client every summer, Pogba, Lukaku, Mkhitaryan. I see a lot of responsibility with the club there. Sanchez wasn't needed, but the club went face first into this deal.

Again, he's responsible for the result, but what he said, is mostly correct. This is simply not a good team. Problem is that it's him saying it and he's partly responsible for it.