La Liga Announce VAR. Catalonia Announce Secession - The Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Oh.... they made it sound like it was a done deal this summer. You’re right..... now I recall that the buyout can only happen in 2019 at the end of the loan period.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Every interview James has given is the same "i am happy, but i will decide when it's time to decide". Let's be honest, when it's time to play ball, if a club offers him the kind of wages Sanchez or Özil earn in the Premier League, he'll most likely neither return to Madrid or stay in Munich.

He pretty much has a dream situation. Loan deal for another season at a club that will give him all the attention in the world to keep him, contract in Madrid with just one year to go. December 2018/January 2019 club will be in his ears if he plays on a high level.

3. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That scenario would still be better than staying with Bayern as it would mean we can get whatever the going rate for a great player (albeit in his final year of his contract) is from club X. Lots of different possible scenarios at play from now till 2019.

Hopefully we come out on top, and James is happy also cos he looks like a nice guy.

Shay Z repped this.
  4. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I honestly think Zidane will leave after this campaign and manage the French National Team. James will come back, 2 of Llorente, Ceballos or Kovacic will leave. Bale will probably leave and we'll sign another forward. Maybe Neymar, maybe Griezmann, maybe Icardi, etc. If that happens, there's no point in going after Guedes, he'll stunt his career here. He'll probably end up joining United, Spurs or Liverpool cuz wages.

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Even I fell ZZ will leave at the end of this season. Taking over French NT after WC will give him a lot more free time. I hope we hire the right coach this time unlike with Benitez.

6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I'd feel tired if I was Zizou too. If Florentino had his wish, I'd venture Zidane would be here for at least one more season. And the fans for the most part have given him their full support. This would be solely on the media. It takes its toll having people question your work every press conference, having to stand in the line of fire for your players for 6 months, dealing with rumors about players coming in and/or out, etc. And then you have idiots like Lucas Navarrete running polls on twitter about whether you should stay coach next season after every loss or dropped points.

Sure you can say coach's have to handle the pressure, but the pressure in Madrid isn't like any other club. I feel tired as a fan. I really hope he stays long term, he's only scratching the potential of what he can do as a tactician and the respect he gets from the dressing room is like very few have received.

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The way James contract is set up, we don't have much choice in the deal. Smartest thing for Bayern to do would be to pick up his 42 ME option even if they don't wanna pay him EPL level wages. Then sell him for 70-80 ME at least. Just like Almeria had no say in what we did with Negredo. Unless Bayern are in a mood to be generous, we might have to pay them 30-40 ME more at least if we want to bring James back.

8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    He'll go where Mendes tells him to go

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That's the worst part.

This pressure is solely created by the media looking to create stories. I mean immediately after the match their questions for Asensio are:

"why aren't you starting more?"
    "do you believe you should start more?"

They had other stupid questions fishing for a headline and you just see how they want us to fail. They want to cause problems. They desire a Madrid that is a circus and in turmoil.

Asensio hasn't been starting because he has struggled. Same could be said for others. He has hit good form for a couple matches with Lucas and both were rewarded with a start.

That is how things work if you don't have an agenda.

I have said this in the past, but the media is our worst problem. The players love Zidane. Florentino Perez obviously does as well. The only ones who don't see Zidane's value are those fans who started supporting the club recently and the media who values a broken Madrid over a successful one.

Bear Crotch, Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea. And AS have a clear agenda to create turmoil in the club. Even worse than Barca papers which frankly has no impact in Madrid. They had the cover saying ZZ wants Isco gone and two days later ZZ started Isco against PSG. Then they act like they said none of that and moves on to Bale. It's a shame Madridistas still buy that paper when they should actually change headquarters to Barca. They might have issues with Flo, but they survive only 'cos RM and its fanbase. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They can't trigger the buyout clause without him agreeing to sign a new contract with them, Bayern are currently covering the cost of his Real Madrid contract, they'll have to sign a new deal with him. James himself said neither Bayern nor Madrid can decide where he plays.

We put a one sided buyout clause in Casemiro's deal and ended up having to buy him out of that deal. Doubt the club would make that move again.

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Las Palmas forward Jonathan Viera has signed a four deal with Chinese Super League club Beijing Guoan, say reports in Spain.

The transfer fee is reported by Marca to be in the region of €25m with the 28-year-old set to earn €6m per annum at his new club – a marked increase on his current salary.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  13. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    He is a decent cheap squad player in FIFA 18 Ultimate Team, don’t know much more about him though. :D

Hsain85 repped this.
  14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be interesting for someone to investigate the differences between the pull of European players to China and MLS.

Clearly, China is willing to spend much more money. Yet, they don't seem to pull the superstar names that MLS has been able to get. Of course, MLS gets most of those European names when they are up there in age. Perhaps China can pull them a bit younger.

15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, that would be my view as well. And I don't know if MLS even wants to pull those players that are going to China. Seems the average American soccer fan is happy to pay to watch some big name player even if he's only half the player he used to be.

I must say I don't get the appeal. In fact I think its a bit depressing watching a 34 year old former star deteriorate. Just a reminder of how old we're getting. Not to mention its plain odd to see Andrea Pirlo or whoever with Serie B-level teammates.
    Giovinco is one of the few Chinese league-type signings that MLS did. That's a guy I would probably pay to watch.

16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yup, and he's truly an exception to the rule. I don't know that a team in the MLS will sign a player of that quality that early in their career for a long while. And I think it went over well here because we have a large (and pretty passionate) Italian base here, so while he may not have been a household name in many other North American cities, he certainly was here.

17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2492 MiamiNative0722, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    They are starting to. Many DPs are now youngsters from South America as opposed to old Europeans.

I wonder how significant a disadvantage it is using less capital as China. USA may be the more desirable place to live. I have not watched the Chinese league but is it of significantly superior quality to MLS? One would think so with the financial disparities.

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Not necessarily. Depends heavily on the city; LA, SF, NY, Seattle, and Toronto/Montreal are probably very desirable places to go. There are a lot of cities I wouldn't go to as a foreigner. And you also have to think these players are trying to cash in one last time before retiring, if you get 30M/year (not sure if there are state taxes in China) for a few years, you can move to the US or wherever you want after your contract is up.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Chinese clubs pay considerably more.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2495 4x4s, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Wigan knock Manchester City out of the FA Cup, Guardiola goes full Jose Mourinho and tries to attack the Wigan manager in the tunnel pulling and pushing at him, apparently claiming that he tried to "calm him down". Yikes.

temesgen, Ahmadi8, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  21. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I like how his idea of "calming him down" is going at him, pushing him.

Despite his "nice guy" facade, his true colors show everytime things don't go his way.

Also Wigan had 17% possesion.

#Rektd.

Digital, Saeta Rubia, Doni and 3 others repped this.
  22. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #Rektd? More like #Erekt.

I wish it would have been 14% possession instead.

Digital and natenate101 repped this.
  23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pep has psychological issues man, for sure.

temesgen repped this.
  24. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Not even two years in Manchester and Pep has already turned into a yob.

25. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    barca dna

Shay Z repped this.