L1 revelations 2009/10: future belongs to youngster

Discussion in 'France' started by Catel, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    After six months we can say who are those players we didn't even know last year and now "wow, this kid could become awesome".

Franck Tabanou (Toulouse)
    Left winger. Pretty rare profile but how TFC fans are happy to discover someone who puts Mansaré on the bench, at last. He's fast, he's skilled, he crosses the ball well. Already U21 international.

Dany Nounkeu (Toulouse)
    He's Cameroonese and got his place as central back as the other defenders were injured. Cetto is still so Nounkeu is now starter. He's already 23 but had not been kept by FC Metz. Toulouse's scouts got an eye on him in 4th division at Pau. Frankly, no regret ! Le Guen is happy to have him too !

Laurent Koscielny (Lorient)
    After a very good season in Ligue 2, Christian Gourcuff recruits him to replace Mickael Ciani who chose to discover the joys of scoring in Champion's League. Koscielny is one of the best players of Ligue 1 this season. Quickly adapted to the Lorient's system. He's 24, he could join Obraniak to the Poland NT.

Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)
    19, Morrocan midfielder. Winner of the Gambardella (youth cup) last year, he's already a starter in René Girard's title-challenger team. He scored his first professionnal goal in the Vélodrome stadium (2-4).

Emir Spahic (Montpellier)
    Not a young one. He's 29. But seriously: who knew him before he came ? Russian and Bosnian fans, of course. And some connoisseurs who applauded this pure bargain from Loulou Nicollin as soon as it was signed. And they knew what it was about. Spahic is one of the best defenders of the League this season (yes, Koscielny is, too, I said ONE OF). So let's admit he's a revelation.

Yann Mvila (Rennes)
    I talked about connoisseurs previously. So I'll modestly say that I was one of them concerning Mvila. I flashed on him two years ago, as I was watching a French U19 match. I said to myself "hey, this guy is huge !". He has great technique, presence, activity on the field. The new generation of the French defensive midfielders, more technical, along with Capoue or Matuidi. And as Mvila became a starter in the Rennes A team I knew it hadn't get it wrong.

Pierre-Emeric Aubameyang (Lille)
    Milan scouts knew him before everybody else ! But the kid just couldn't do it. So he was loaned to Dijon last year, then to Lille for this season. I find him talented. He's just 20 and I noticed him in a few Europe Cup games. Not bad, not bad ! He chose to play for Gabon and I hope Daniel Cousin's countrymen have found his successor.

Guy-Rolland Ndy Assembe (Valenciennes)
    Let's be honest, Nantes fans knew him well already as they know every of their youngsters. And it became another good reason for them to spit, spit and spit again on their awful, dead-brain, incompetent, mafioso managers. How could they loan this young goalkeeper in Ligue 1 with an option and buy another GK elsewhere instead of making him directly play in Ligue 2 ! Ndy Assembe is one of the best goalkeepers of the League this season and could even challenge Kameni for a starter place in the Cameroon team. He's not out of the excellent performances of Valenciennes.

I could add Magaye Gueye who's absolutely impressive with this poor team of Strasbourg in Ligue 2. French U21. I bet he'll play VERY soon in the main League.

2. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I was not SO wrong :)

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well Franck Tabanou isnt a left winger anymore....