Kwon Chang-hoon @ Dijon FCO 2017-2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Chingoo, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    yes, that is almost unheard of...

2. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    It's bs. They could be / could've been interested in him. But in no worlds a club will sign a seriously injured player for 10m, especially not in Bundesliga where every million counts (I bet Frankfurt has 10m in total to spend).

nmssis repped this.
  3. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Even if it was true, tbh, Dijon or Frankfurt, it doesn't make a big difference for his career.

4. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    just playing in a better league.

5. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Aside Bayern Munich, Bundesliga is not really a better league than Ligue 1. The difference between the two is really slight.

6. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Especially Frankfurt next season. They will struggle playing internationally with that squad. Also, they lost Kovac to Bayern who was the key for success. On the other hand, Dijon might lose all their loan players (Xeka, Sliti, etc.).

jessypjs repped this.
  7. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Yes i agree that the gap between Serie A, Bundesliga and ligue 1 is slight. But out of these 3 leagues, ligue 1 is the one with "less" quality.

seolseol repped this.
  8. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Maybe. I don't mind he goes to Bundesliga or Serie A provided he signs in a quality team. Otherwise, better stay in a team where he has his marker.

9. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    How is he going to pass a medical when he's still recovering from a potential career alerting surgery? Sheer nonsense. Lol...

10. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    News about KCH given by the local press (always reliable when it comes to DFCO's matters)

1. He's in South Korea doing rehabilitation until September, after that (i suppose) he's going to be back for training very shortly after.

2. Bundesliga clubs don't give a ******** about his injury and they are still interested in him. Now interest doesn't mean actual offers, but if le bien public says this, it has to be true (they aren't really a gossip journal)

seolseol and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  11. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    dude he'll stay in Dijon for a while. At this point no one knows how fast he will find his form back (if he ever does, hopefully!). Bundesliga clubs have been interested in Lee Jae sung as well but he's still playing for Jeonbuk...

12. grassandball

grassandball Member

Aug 27, 2015
    exactly. if I was a club manager or owner I too would be very interested in a player like kwon changhoon. the question is would dijon accept a semi low ball offer from interested clubs before he gets back into shape or would other clubs risk tolerance allow an acquisition of an recovering player who's shown a lot of upside.

I don't know what his market value is, but if its somewhere around 100 bucks, I'd be willing to pay 50-65 for him. I feel like the risk is worth the upside. any amount over 50-65, I feel like it wouldn't be worth the risk since there are hundreds of decent options across european leagues.

13. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    the problem is that a loan deal with option to buy isn't an option for Dijon, on the other hand, to buy Kwon for 10 mln € while he's still injured isn't an option for any club.

anyway, if le bien public says something about Dijon's player transfer news, they are always accurate...the most reliable source out there come from them.

14. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    at the same time, absolutely nothing from German press (local, kicker or even bild). if the interests are "serious", German sporting directors or whatnot aren't exactly coy about their interest (search for BvB interest in Ji DW.. full of quotes from BvB executives before he joined a year before).

on the whole "10m" valuation, again.. good luck. Eintracht Frankfurt sold https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/marius-wolf/profil/spieler/193900 for 4.5m. guy with 6 goals and 11 assist overall... and they are technically searching for his "replacement" i guess. to spend 10m on Kwon CH (even if he wasn't injured) doesn't make any sense for them. it even makes less sense for Freiburg.. their record arrival is around 5m. their entire business is buy low, sell high of young players. a player without military exemption doesn't fit into their model.

15. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Yeah but i heard 5 mln € was his buyout clause, so the transfer fee was already "fixed" despite his stats and all.

Frankfurt isn't going to spend 10 mln € on a injured player of course, but the comparison between Wolf and KCH don't match.

16. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    not a comparison. more of Eintracht Frankfurt (or any club) will be foolish to search for a replacement by paying double the amount of the player they lost.

if you want a comparison, Shoya Nakajima. double digit in goals & assist... linked with bigger clubs than Kwon & the most.. so far.. through rumor.. was 8m bid. if you are to consider military conscription into equation, again.. 4-6m is reasonable unlike the 10m+ you continue to push.

seolseol repped this.
  17. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    10m on Kwon is indeed unlikely, especially if a German team is involved. Freiburg is poor as Augsburg and Frankfurt might afford him but they will rather buy 3 players for 3-4m each than one player for 10m.

seolseol repped this.
  18. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    This has all the signs of an agent trying to stir up interest. Freiberg, Frankfurt, and Wolfsburg are all clubs that have signed Korean players in the past, so it is not surprising that the agent would do this sort of thing.

19. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

On crutches walking, at clubhouse for recovery training.

Bluewings21, zeke714, gunitinug and 10 others repped this.
  20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  21. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I deeply hope he becomes 100% fit by the end of the year.

aeh1991 repped this.
  22. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    This is gonna be impossible, but I share the wish. I personally expect him to be back around March if he can recover fast.

seolseol repped this.
  23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Half of the season gone. Well well, nothing to do. Just look ahead.

24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I don't care when he returns as long as he can reach his pre-injury form back one day.
    I really don't want another Lee Chung Yong case :(

25. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It wont happen.