Review: Kuran-yay or Kuran-nay?

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by KyleS8, Mar 9, 2010.

?

Kuran-yay or Kuran-nay?

1. Bring him back - Löw needs to put his ego aside.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Stick to your guns Joachim! - Löw's decision is the right one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

SPOT ON Garry! Spot f#cking on!

I have to spread more rep.

2. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Agreed. That's just pure crap and has not place here. If you don't like her position on a topic try to poke holes in it intellectually using facts. Throwing insults like those around are totally uncalled for.

3. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Why do u call me a persian?

Are u a Mong?

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckenbauer's "interference" in this case is something that needs to be done.

In October 2008, suspending Kuranyi was justified. But not for a lifetime.

And again, just because people didn't care at that time doesn't mean they agreed with Löw. All it means is that they didn't care.

Kuranyi has worked his ass off to make this an active issue again. He's been successful in doing that.

So the way I see it, "Justice delayed is justice denied" is a total crock of shit lady.

Franz Beckenbauer has every right to make his opinion known just like you or me.

For you to sit here and call his words "interference" is total bullshit.

If Mr. Zwanziger calls up Löw and orders him to put Kuranyi on the team, THAT IS INTERFERENCE.

Franz Beckenbauer making his feelings known is just what it is. The man speaking up and making his feelings known.

And like I told you during our first discussions on this subject and what Franz repeated, this isn't Joachim Löw's team, this is Germany's team.

Löw might be charged with running it right now and yes, the decision is ultimately his, but Löw has to answer to others just like everyone else.

Those who are concerned with the team have the right to make their feelings known.

I know this much, as I said before, if Löw sticks with the likes of Klose, Podolski and Gomez and they don't get the job done, not only will Löw quit, there will be a lynch mob waiting for him at Frankfurt Airport when they get back from an early exit.

And if Löw is right, I'll be the first to say, "I was wrong about him, he did the right thing."

But you aren't going to tell me these are his "principles" guiding him.

"Principles" would tell him to put his ego aside and do his job.

That is what is best for the Germany team.

And he can't make one argument for any sporting reasons that Kuranyi should be kept off this team.

5. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Stop this bullshit, Danke.

6. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A couple of weeks ago, I would probably still have said that we can do without Kuranyi at the WC, thank you very much. There are other German strikers who are arguably more talented than him. On the other hand, there's no denying that Kuranyi has done exceptionally well this season and that he simply keeps scoring goals. Klose and Poldi have scored four goals between them, they are both in poor form. If they are called up (which I still advocate, by the way) then Löw simply has to include Kuranyi, too. It would be grossly unfair (and potentially stupid) to shun him.

Having said that, the other point which you mentioned is probably even more important. For all we know, Kuranyi really regrets his behaviour that caused his ban. He has atoned for his mistake, and now it's time to give him a second chance. Can't imagine on what grounds a lifetime ban could possibly be justified.

7. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    You don't think that if Germany crash out of the group stage or in the second round because they cannot put the ball into the back of the net that Loew won't be totally hounded by the public and villified in the press? C'mon...he will become even less populuar than Erich Ribbeck. The German press is not known for their restraint. They will squarely blame him for not taking the hottest German striker.

Heck, the only reason Voeller survived any scrutiny in '02 after leaving Martin Max off the roster was 1) the hand of Thorsten Frings, and 2) reaching the Final. One can only wonder how Germany might have fared with Klose AND Max up front instead of lame-ass Jancker and Bierhof.

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks Garry.

I usually respect what "Dage" has to say, but I just wasn't going to touch that one out of respect for everyone else.

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree here. And the rest of this part of the response isn't to you, but speaking generally.

"Talent" doesn't always equal "production". Don't you have to go with the guy who actually "produces?"

Call up Klose and Podolski? That can be debated. I won't blame Löw for doing so either, because sadly, Germany has no one better not already on the team except arguably Kiessling.

I hate him too, but I'd rather see him called up before Klose. And I'm a Klose fan.

But as you said, if those two sorry SOBs go (Klose and Poldi, and I mean judging them by their form), then Kuranyi should too.

Kuranyi has apologized profusely. Then he shut up, put his head down and got to work making his cause an issue again.

And he's been successful. That alone should get him some favorable comments.

Exactly.

This "ban" is all about Joachim Löw's ego.

10. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ah, you've meant with lunchmob waiting at the airport harsh German press - then I'm sorry.

11. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia

i don't think that's the way he should do it. acknowledging that he's taking him just because of public pressure and to cover his own ass would be terrible for team spirit. how is he going to work with kuranyi if he tells him ' i don't really want you here, but i have to take you because they're making me'? he would lose any respect the team have for him.

he should be much more positive about it, say that the circumstances have changed, kevin's apologized and has deserved to be there through his play and behavior and that he's really looking forward to working with him again.

i think much to big a deal is being made out of this. people change their minds all the time and do things they said they would 'never' do. if loew doesn't re-call him just because he thinks it would make him look dumb, he is very foolish. and stupidly vain :D

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agree 100%.

13. ★ ☆ ★

★ ☆ ★ New Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Republic of Vanuatu
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano

What's a "Mong"?

A Mongolian or a mongrel, ie slang for someone not of pure blood?

Wouldn't put it past you if it were the latter as you regularly posted obscene trash stating the National Team shouldn't invite "non pure Germans".

1 person likes this.
  14. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's located in Hong Kong.

15. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I believe he means it as a slang term for mongoloid.

Yeah, stuff like that is garbage. More than half of Germany would have to leave the country if that were the case.

16. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sorry but those supporting the ban on Kuranyi are losing ground every week when Kevin puts the ball in the back of the net and the other NT players don't.

In a merit based system in competitive sports where do you draw the line when the priority is the collective good of the team and not one individual?

17. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've meant this Löw hating that's totally freakin out in here. "lynchmob" - that's just silly.

18. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I miss Indian food. :(

19. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Who said competitive sports was a merit-based system?;)

If that were true Carsten Jancker would have stopped getting a paycheck from ANY team back in 2002.:eek::D And yet....he keeps going, and going, and going, and going....

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As I said to Garry's response, I usually respect your comments, your taking my "lynch mob" comments literally is just silly.

It seems most others knew what I meant.

I think you would get it yourself if you cared to.

21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

YOU MUST SPREAD MORE REPUTATION........

Man, you hit the nail right on the head.

22. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Punjabi is not Indian...where you been?:rolleyes:;)

She's a he....
    He is Persian...
    FR wok up....
    Keith is married....
    LD still sucks...

My God, you go to Jersey for a few days and you simply lose it. Someone get my friend a Bier and help him catch up.

23. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :confused:
    Punjabi is Indian. Punjab is in India (and Pakistan).
    What are you talking about?

Indian cuisine comprises of various different regional cuisines: Punjabi, Tamil, Mughlai, Bengali, Marwari, Gujarati, Peshawari/Khyber, Awadhi etc etc. There isn't any Indian cuisine as such.

Again :confused:

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You sure about that? Well, the Indian restaurant I used to frequent had it and being the happy customer that I was - I'm not going to argue with them as to why they serve dishes that might pertain to their rival neighbor just northwest of them. The stuff was good. They made the best pakoras and samosas - my favorite side dishes.
    Most of us knew that.
    Boxes??
    He did, and he decided it's time to go on Big Soccer and do a little "moderating..."
    He is and hows that going, btw...
    and is gay...

I really am exhausted...a nice bottle of red wine and a couple advil pm's would do the job right about now.

25. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I could give you some easy to make recipes if you want. :p