Alert: KSA-WCQ Russia 2018

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by al ittihady, Apr 12, 2016.

1. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Yup, these off the pitch distractions are unbecoming. Either qualify by merit or don't bother.

2. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    معاك يالأخضر

3. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    KSA now needs to beat Japan by any goal margin to qualify directly to WCQ..

4. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Stupid game being played by Saudi Arabia in the first half which is about to over...
    Is Sahlawi playing in this match... His name is there but I cannot see him playing on the field...
    The tempo is so slooowww by Saudi... Also, stupid formation of playing without Shamrani or 2 strikers when you have to attack and get a win...

What the f**k is this match being played here ????????????..... :(

5. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    After this 1st half display, i would say that Sahlawi is useless, a laughing stock in the team, a joker who does not know how to play football, how to make chances, how to make moves, how to assist if you cannot score, how to create chance for teammate to score if you cannot score...
    He's as useless as a player can be... he's not a big match player, he can only score against minnows like East Timore, Bangladesh, etc....

He's wasting Saudi team's time and should be out as he cannot do anything alone ... He needs a striking partner and a play-maker who can just lob the ball to him for heading towards the goal... otherwise, he's all useless...

When you know that you need to win the match then why the hell do you play with 1 forward and defense formation ?.... you need to attack ... this team is useless in this way and only boiling my blood-pressure... :(

6. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #231 HTCONEM8, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    It seems they are content with playing Syria in the Play-off.

7. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Very splendid, clever and correct substitution made by the Saudi Coach Marwijk before the beginning of 2nd half by bringing in Fahad Al Muwallad against ineffective Sahlaw... Fahad turned the game around with his speed and scored a wonderful goal.

Bravo to Saudi Coach for this great decision under pressure, and it's drawing room for Sahlawi on learning how to be an effective player in the team when you play as single striker.

Congratulations to Saudi Arabia... :)

SwedishBorn, afar, Fa1con and 1 other person repped this.
  8. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Al Muwallad to the rescue.. again :)

afar and Fa1con repped this.
  9. Fa1con

Fa1con Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Congrats KSA. I think we had a superb match.

afar and HTCONEM8 repped this.
  10. Fa1con

Fa1con Member

Mar 29, 2016
  11. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    For me Abdullah Maouf was more worst than Sahlawi..If not Abed twice saving the corner from his legs things would have been different by now..

12. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I disagree with you... this is how you are supposed to defend on corners... Abed saved Saudi team from misery on both occasions with his legs since Abdullah Maouf was never in the picture to save both Japanese chances... If Abed would have not defended the way he did (or the they way Saudi defended on corners i.e., by keeping players on each post), then we might have had ended with a repeat of Saudi v Bahrain match where Bahrain scored the 2nd equalizing goal in the injury time of the game for WC2010 qualifyer in which, Abdul Ghani (who was supposed to defend the post (the way Abed defended today on 2 occasions) was out of his position and Waleed Abdullah had no chance to stop the goal (similarly Maouf appeared not to have the chance as well in tonight's game and Abed rightly came to his rescue). So, all is well that ends well.

13. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  14. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Like it or not -

Edgardo Bauza is new Saudi NT coach replacing Van Marwajik

15. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    How come?... Why all of a sudden a new coach is introduced ?... Was Marwijk costing too much OR did Marwijk showed intention not to continue ?...

The only success Edgardo Bauza had is a win for UAE against KSA while all his other match results are pathetic i.e., a draw with Thailand, and loss against Iraq... So, why he's brought in ?...

Also, Majid Abdullah is made the Manager of the National Team for the World Cup so what's the role of Majid in the team ?... And what is the role of Bauza ?

16. Fa1con

Fa1con Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Bad timing, whatever reason.

17. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Bert wanted to leave long back since he was receiving lots of criticism over the teams performance and interference of Tarek Kayal. Another reason was , Dutch FA came knocking to him to coach the Dutch team in WCQ and Saudi FA politely denied the request..

But appointing Bauza is questionable to me??

18. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Friendlies Against Jamaica and Ghana in upcoming FIFA days.

19. SwedishBorn

SwedishBorn Red Card

Manchester United
    Sep 20, 2017
    Saudis and then who to World Cup from Saudis group stage ? :eek: :eek: :eek:

20. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Team for Ghana and Jamaica friendlies -
    [​IMG]

21. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I were you, this decision would not have been welcomed by me. IMO you should have continued with Bert Van Marwijk.

It is questionable for me too. There were better coaches available such as Louis Van Gaal and the money should not be problem for Saudi Arabia football federation.

22. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have one question. I am just curious about it. Who is the most irreplaceable player in Saudi Arabia NT at the moment?

23. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    @AIL1998 -

Continuing with BVM was the best option but again having LVG is not viable since he wont come first thing and second taking a big name coach to WC and coming back with nothing will spoil his own reputation and also he charges a lot..

Most irreplaceable for me is Tayseer Jassim.. Most consistent player I have seen in NT and club prespective and he deserved to play in WC..

AIL1998 repped this.
  24. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Mukhtar Ali, Faris Abdi, and Al Joui are promising players but not for FIFA World Cup 2018. They need time to be part of the Saudi National Team but playing them at World Cup is a big ask. Bouza should groom them for future not for FIFA World Cup.

25. Fa1con

Fa1con Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Saudi Arabia 5 v 2 Jamaica