Alert: KSA vs North Korea - WC 2010 Qualifier - Leg 1 in (PyongYang) North Korea

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by hammad_friend, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I totally agree with you, ksa must play matches against teams like australia and japan, then maybe 1 other friendly against a minor european team just to raise the confidence up a bit before iran match!

2. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You know what I heard?

I heard Japan asked to play a friendly against us this month and our FA refused.

You want to know why they refused?

Because a few months ago our FA asked Japan to play a friendly on a non-FIFA day and Japan (naturally) declined.

3. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The fact that they drew gave us a lifeline somewhat.

This is how I see it. Inspite of our 2 losses, we are only 3 points behind 2nd place. We also have 2 home games that we must win. Also, we should aim for a win in Iran, its not impossible. I want Nasser replaced if we dont win in Iran actually, because this game is crucial for us coming back.

However, a part of me no longer wants KSA to be in the world cup. This FA needs to be punished for their mismanagement and incompetence. Nothing will satisfy me more than seeing Prince Sultan admit he is shit.

I really, really hope that if we take 3rd place, that North Korea takes 2nd place. So that Iran does not qualify to the world cup. I would support Bahrain instead of us in the 3rd place play-off. I dont want to go to the World cup in such a shameful manner. Seriously, I dont care about the World cup anymore, I just want us to eliminate Iran.

Good luck Bahrain and North Korea

4. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They've done a lot of dumb things, but appointing their gahwiji and keeping him in charge this long is just criminal.

As for Iran, I don't really care either way if they qualify or not. They're just another team as far as I'm concerned. And I wouldn't get my hopes up about beating them in Tehran; it just won't happen.

What the FA should do (but obviously won't) is bring in a new coach immediately and tell him he's not required to take us to the WC -- his mission should be to get these guys to play decent football and not be completely dominated by every team we play against. That's the priority right now. If a miracle happens and we qualify while he does that, then all the better, but qualification should not be required of any new coach at this point because it's already FUBAR.

5. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    I totally agree on this:D

I told you guys, this FA is not even near of being professional.

6. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Now now, we were not dominated by Yemen. :D

Now the situation is completely FUBAR yet. Difficult but not FUBAR.

like Laith said, we're only 3 points behind 2nd place (North Korea) and have two games at home and two games away.

If we beat UAE and Nortk Korea at home and draw eithier the South Korea or Iran matches, we might scrape by in 3rd place.

7. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Exactly ... we MIGHT ... SCRAPE by ... into THIRD ... so the chances are very slim even with a new coach. So if you bring in a new coach, you can't just fire him if he doesn't get you to the WC.

8. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    But remember, even the the three top teams play each other, one or two of them WILL drop points. It's not like a regular 20 team league.

If we have a new coach we will beat UAE (sorry to all Emiratis again) and at home we can beat North Korea because the retarded 4-5-1 tactic will be gone. Now if we can scrape a draw against eithier S.Korea or Iran we still stand a decent chance at the world cup. It's not FUBAR, it's only difficult.

It would be FUBAR if Iran beat S Korea though.

9. Boudster

Boudster New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Dubai
    Club:
    Palestino Santiago
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine

f'ed up beyond all repair:D

10. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I thought it was f'ed up beyond recogonition? :confused:

;)

11. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    LOL.

Guys be optimistic.

12. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    that's the spirit.:)

its almost like reading a korean comment about japan. 'i don't care how we do as long as we eliminate japan'.

you gotta love these rivalries. without them football would be so boring.

good luck guys in ur next matches.