KSA @ 2018 WC

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Saudi Sheikh, Dec 2, 2017.

1. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Yup. Its embarrasing.

Which leads me to believe this arent the coaches but Typical of someone who probably went.

Oh bros we gonna try you all out...

2. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Yeah I couldn't believe it when I saw that lineup. Whatever the merits of the players, make a decision man.

Watched about 60 minutes before the feed cut off, the best thing I can say is that the tryouts weren't appreciably worse than the regulars.

At least its too late even for Pluto to sack the manager or any other drastic change. We're unsettled as it is.

3. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    At this point, it wouldnt surprise me to see them play with a different lineup every game.

Its very clear this isnt a coachs decision.

4. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Final World Cup Squad:
    [​IMG]

Saudi Arabia squad
    Goalkeepers: Assaf Al-Qarny, Mohammed Al-Owais, Yasser Al-Musailem, Abdullah Al-Mayuf.

Defenders: Mansoor Al-Harbi, Yasser Al-Shahrani, Mohammed Al-Breik, Saeed Al-Mowalad, Motaz Hawsawi, Osama Hawsawi, Omar Hawsawi, Mohammed Jahfali, Ali Al-Bulaihi.

Midfielders: Abdullah Al-Khaibari, Abdulmalek Al-Khaibri, Abdullah Otayf, Taiseer Al-Jassim, Houssain Al-Mogahwi, Salman Al-Faraj, Nawaf Al-Abed, Mohamed Kanno, Hattan Bahebri, Mohammed Al-Kwikbi, Salem Al-Dawsari, Yehya Al-Shehri.

Forwards: Fahad Al-Muwallad, Mohammad Al-Sahlawi, Muhannad Assiri.

5. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Bulaihi...lol

Mental.

6. Fa1con

Fa1con Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Clearly this was an experimental side with many changes. Too many defensive errors well exploited by Peru and sloppy in possession.

Surprised Al Abed won’t be in Russia.

7. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    He can barely run.

I love Abed, but he was so bad tonight.

8. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Can't comment much on the team . But its well said and dusted you need to play for the big 5 to be in the NT..

Don't know what Ali Bulahli is doing in the team.. Kanoo barely played for Hilal and he is chosen over Kwukibi and Abdullah Khaibari addition is a joke too.Can't understand how come Jamal Bagandoh is been over seen by the NT ..

They are lot many players who could have replaced Hattan Bahabri in the team..

9. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    TBF Jamal hasn't played much either and his form has taken a nose dive in the last couple of years.

10. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    With the exception of Jahfali (who should have had been included in place of AlBulaihi) and Mohammed AlKwikbi (who should had been included in place of Abdullah AlKhaibari), this is still a decent side if proper formation and proper players in their respective positions are played as per requirement of the game i.e., knowing which player to play against which opponent.

Also, Yahya Shehri, Salman AlFaraj and Taiseer Al Jasim need to be more quick in their game specially in passing and in going for the ball while also be aware of the surrounding opponent players.

Also, Tayseer and Yahya Shehri need to be unselfish in their game and play for the team, not for their own never achievable glory.

11. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Tayssir is old but hes not selfish.

The reason why he attempts so much is because no one even dares to take a shot most of the time. Get to the opponets half and pass the ball back again.

12. Fa1con

Fa1con Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Yeah, he seemed to have still not recovered fully. At the bright side though (if he gets back in shape) he'll be at the Asian cup.

13. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Compiled player stats for the last 5 games. Might give an insight into most likely lineup:

upload_2018-6-5_15-4-10.png

14. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Starting lineup wont be a surprise imo. Only thing thats hard to figure out is the forward position. Is pizzi going to start with sahlawi or just start with muwalad?

Also the fullbacks but id say im 80% certain its gonna be sharani, Harbi.

15. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    That said Mogahwi amd Harbi stats is a bit misleading since they missed a couple games due to the asian champions league.

16. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    I'm still hoping that doesn't happen. Shahrani is terrible on the right. He plays on the left or not at all as far as I'm concerned.

Osama and Omar in central defence is a lock, as is Otayf and Faraj in DM.
    2 out of 3 in AM look settled (Tayseer and Salem), leaving the main questions who joins them in midfield (Fahad or Yahya), attack (Fahad or Sahlawi), goal (Mayouf or Musaileem), fullbacks (Buraik/Shahrani or Shahrani/Harbi).

17. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Watching the game between Russia x Turkey... Russia is leading 1-0

Looking at the performance of Russia so far against Turkey, it seems that Saudi have a tough opponent in the opening game, and Russia is no walk-over.

Russia is very much composed and calm, and dominating possession as well showing a neat attacking football.

Also, the size of Russian players (Goal Keeper, Defenders and Attackers) is on average above 6'2" ... This will be an advantage for Russia but also a disadvantage for Russia if Saudi players keep the ball at ground (grass-root) level since it will be difficult for tall players specially goal keeper to dive for the low-level shot.

18. Fa1con

Fa1con Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Russia is beatable despite having the home advantage on its side, i think we can produce a positive result with a good-organized game strategy and heartfelt performance to win the opening game against a modest Russian team.

The thing that worry me the most, is the constant changes of coaches might cost us hugely. We really need stability at all levels, especially in coaching at National/Club level where things aren’t based on short term results but long term goals!

19. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    We can also guess that the Main subs will be

Mohaghwi
    Muwallad/Shalawi

I'm convinced sheri isbstarting.

20. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    I think sheri is a sure starter. Him not playing against peru is probably a huge sign.

21. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Line-up against Germany will be surely knowing who will start in against Russia.

As said above, some places are cemented like Omar & Osama as CB's, Yasser Shahrani and Harbi on the flanks.

The front four will be dicey to pick..I think Pizzi will go with Yahya, Tayseer & Salem and Sahlawi in the attack. I won't be shocked if Hattan starts too..
    Fahad can cause problems from the bench if he's not started..

22. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I think Fahd Al Muwallad should always play 2nd half from 2nd half's start.
    Also, Saudi Arabia should play Sahlawi, Taiseer, Salem, Autef, Yahya, Salman in the middle, while back should be Mansoor, Omar, Osama, Yasser with Yasser as Goal Keeper. so it should be 1-5-4-1 as follows:

Sahlawi
    Salem - Taiseer - Yahya - Salman - Autef
    Mansoor - Omar- Osama - Yasser
    Yasser

If required be then:
    1. Muwallad to replace either Sahlawi OR Taiseer OR Yahya in the 2nd Half
    2. Abdulmalik AlKhaibri to replace Salman Al Faraj in the 2nd Half (because Salman plays sloppy & lazy football on many occasions)
    3. Bahebri to either replace Taiseer OR Sahlawi OR Yahya in the 2nd half
    4. Kano to replace Taiseer in the 2nd half
    5. Buraik to replace any defender on his position with Yasser Shahrani to play on left
    Rest, let me know who do you think should replace who ?

23. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Apparently Abdullah Otayf picked up a knock on his abductors, so he's likely to miss the Germany game and might even be a risk for the opening match.

My preferred, but unlikely, starting lineup against Germany:

Musaileem
    Buraik, Omar, Osama, Shahrani
    Faraj, Abdullah Kh / Kannou*
    Yahya, Taysir, Salem
    Fahad

It's an attacking setup I know, but I'd like to see us try it for 45 minutes.
    Bring on Sahlawi and co in the second.
    * I don't rate Megahwi as a replacement for Otayf.

24. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I hope Saudi NT does not embarrass themselves today.

I am already predicting fatigue after so many friendlies and last game against Germany will surely make a mess of players

25. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Theres leaked info that Turki Al Sheik is going for another experimental Lineup.

Mayouf

Bureik Buliahi Osama Sharani
    Faraj

Ghaleb, Abdullmalik, Mogawhi

Fahad Dawsari

Asiri.

If you still think Pizzi is making these decisions you need yourself to get checked.