KSA @ 2018 WC

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Saudi Sheikh, Dec 2, 2017.

1. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Completely clueless performance from the team and we have friendlies coming against Germany Argertina and Brazil..

2. Fa1con

Fa1con Member

Mar 29, 2016
    We got a lot of work to do before the World cup, we lack finishing ability, too many wrong passes and careless play, not enough pressure etc. In a nutshell, very bad performance.

3. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    FT: BELGIUM 4-0KSA

Apart from Abdullah otayf performance nothing was worth it.
    Either the coach is useless , or team is not able to adapt to his tactics.. I dont know why the players watch cluelessly when the ball runs over them..The attack is slow with no proper plan how to proceed when you have the ball in third quater..

4. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Lack of cohesion. There was no game plan. *sigh*.

5. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Lol seeing old timers like shabeckahm and Hijazi brings back memories. Lol. We getting old sons.

Random thoughts

- Mogahwi had an impressive game. He was calm and was one of the very few that had some sort lf confidence i his game.

- Sahlawi was practiclly useless today. When Fahad and Salem are always forced to defend, there is no for sahlawi.

- Al-Sheik ruined al-sheri. He doesnt look like a player out there.

- Otayf was Ok but he will be even better if he doesnt have to try to cover the defense lack of touch

- Dawsari and Muwalad were better but still not in form.

- I hope from this game Pizi realizes that Hasan muath is a nightmare waiting to happen. He is not comfortable with the ball and having him there just worsens the already existing problem with saudi defenders and their lack of composure.

- The space between The CBs and Holding midfielders is a disaster. Terrible communication, and just defenders not knowing what to do under pressure.

I really think they should play with 0 forwards and go Mohagwi-Faraj-Otay to fix their problems. They always concede a goal because the defense have no clue what to do with the ball.

Muawallad
    Dawsari Abed/Jaseem
    Faraj Otayf Mogahwi
    Harbi Osama omar Sharani

-This way if one of otayf, Mogahwi or faraj is helping the flank, you still have two CMF/DMFs assiting the very vurneable defense.

- They need to figure an imaginary line when they are attacking. The defensive lines are way too high when they have the ball upfront.

- with three CMFs there is no need to do that if they play otayf-Faraj-Mogahwi all together.

But what I think pizi will go with

Sahlawi
    Dawsari Muwallad
    Jassem
    Faraj Otayf
    Harbi Omar Osama Sharani.

6. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    I thought moghawi was the most impressive player tonight.

Yeah the defenders communcation is so bad kts borderline commical

7. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Again, i felt it was School Boys vs Belgium (with exception to Maghawi, Autef, Salem)... Also, Salem was not playing on his normal position...

Pizzi should cut the crab, throw away the coward cover of playing defensive formation and look to play with 4-4-2 formation...

Yahya Shehri's career is ruined and in shambles.

Saudi definitely needs to play with either 2 strikers under 4-4-2 formation OR with no forwards at all and fill up the mid-field with 3 MFs.

8. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    2 striekrs doesnt play to their talent distribution.

But 0 forwards does.

Dawsari Muwallad
    Jassem
    Otayf, Moghawi, Faraj

There is enough creativity between Otayf, Mogahwi and Faraj to warrant this lineup.

Also again the defense needs all the help it can get at handling ball pressure.

9. Fa1con

Fa1con Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Fahad was close to score at the 2nd round, instead of finishing the play, he decided to try to haggle the goalkeeper. However small it may be, if such silly mistakes continues, it will hunt us back in the WC.

10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    This is one of the most depressing post qualification phases the team is going through, I don't remember the last time when the team was going such heavy defeats post qualification.
    Lot's of issues need to be sorted out .. It's not that we lack players , everything looks fine but I don't see the urge on players to perform any more..Constant coach changes might be one factor but the FA needs to dig up more..

11. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Don't need to get over dramatic. The result was to be expected against arguably one of the best teams in the world. I would've liked it we conceded less, particularly gifted goals like their first but overall I was under no illusion this game would go any other way.

Count me in to those who would like to have Fahad up front. I felt he was wasted spending most of the time covering Hassan Mo'ath. I hope Salman al-Faraj's return (or someone else) can help with the defensive cover, and we need to work on supporting the player with the ball more, by moving into space and make themselves available for the pass. Otherwise not much to add.

12. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Its difficult to sustain fahad at CF for 90 minutes. The games Rhytem increases significantly when he becomes the forward.

It left a lot pf open space. I think the players get too excited.

13. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Lots of time Salem had the ball but there was no one to support, similar situation happened when Sahlawi had the ball on two occasions but no support backing him up for 1-2 passes at least. The team was without support when counter-attacking while strikers were not having any option but to lose the ball. Also, I did not see anyone attempting to strike from long distance or take a shot on the goal when there was no support.

Saudi Team / Coach need to amend the mistakes fast, bring back right player to the team (be it Shamrani, Faraj, Hazzazi, etc.), Play the players in their correct positions which is natural to them (Salem to play in his proper position and not to play as support for defense), play proper formation of 4-4-2 OR 4-3-3 OR 4-2-4 (if attacking mindset) and need to play at least 2 more friendly matches against any tough opponent such as Holland and Poland (and Greece if possible) within April 2018 once the mistakes are recognized and attempt it made to rectify the same.

14. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada

This is why sahlawi is still vital for the NT.

Can someone just smack turki al sheik.

What a disaster.

15. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    @PinoyMarauder - I said before, I don't have any issues with Sahlawi playing, but the point that he comes back and work for the ball and can be a good assist can only work if we have deadly finishers on the flank or in the CMF, which we do have in form of Fahd & sometimes Tayseer for his long range efforts.
    For Example: Liverpool has Firmino, Mane & Salah , and Firmino can work on either flanks to provide Mane or Salah to finish it off which they do..
    We have Abed too but his injury concerns , we can't rely on him always...

16. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Did anyone see Yasser Al Qhatani snapchat. Lol

He was 100% right though. Media are all kiss ass.

17. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    What is it ?

18. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    He called out All the media saying all they ever do is parrot al-sheiks opinions. Ass lickers basically.

He obviously doesnt like Turki if you see between the lines, but it was an impuslive response from him because the media started attacking the NT and Specifically Mohammad Al-Sahlawi because of turki so he made a snapchat video about Media being ass lickers.

Taysir Al-jaseem made this point alrrady before but he did it in a more articulate manner.

Now everyone is calling for yassers head when In reality he was probably just pissed off at the media for being parrots and contributing in the destruction of the NT

19. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    After the banter on Sahlawi, he goes to ManU to train with them for a week or so like what Fahad did..
    & Trust me he will return as Rooney for KSA NT :{

20. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    No one does. These players arent kids. Turki thinks europe is magic.

21. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Turki is doing & undoing things in certain way.. I like his idea of sending players abroad even if they are not fruitfull but his way of doing things is worst plus the timing is really bad.
    I don't know how the players are feeling is just like you don't study well so you go to extra classes. May be post WC , if it can happen in proper and organised way may be we can see the change in players and in the overall football structure in KSA

22. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  23. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Saudi Team for Marbella training camp -

[​IMG]

24. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Nice to see abed and faraj back.

Its not official fifa date so fahad, yahya and salem is out but this isnt a bad team.

Sahlawhi

Dawsari abed fahad

Otayf Faraj

Sharani osama omar breik

Or

Sahlahwi Fahad

Abed

Moghawhi faraj otayf

Sharani osama omar breik