KSA @ 2018 WC

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Saudi Sheikh, Dec 2, 2017.

1. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Faraj not playing sounds like a turki move.

2. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    How do you call up Abdulmalek al-khaibiri and not faraj?

This FA is really incompetent.

3. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    What I read is Faraj is injured..
    And what you think that Turki is pulling strings here is correct....You cant have players like Mujahid Manea who has done nothing for club in the team..Same for the new inclusion from Hilal.. The FA was and is biased towards Hilal players since ages..
    And for your Sahlawi comment he's striker not play maker, I know if its helping the team in any cause but still never saw him doing what you said..show me some videos

4. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Are you serious? Dawsari goal against Australia? Recent NT game against Moldlva.

Sahlwahi is a great fit under a system that likes to keep the ball and rely on middfielders to run ( fahad, salem, yahya, taysir).

He has regressed heavily as far as scoring is concerned but outside of mohanad asiri, who is a much better scorer there isnt much option. Asiri is not as good with ball position ball.

The new coach even alluded to the fact that the midfielders like to keep the ball.

I thought it was fairly obvious why bert kept sahlawi. Not a gpod CF, but he as decent passing that compliment Saudis strength in the middfield.

The main thing right now is to have Faraj healthy and Abed. The former i thought was the real MVP in the qualifyers. Him and otay are a perefect possession ball hding fielder duo.

5. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Well let's see since we have full strength squad now and a real test for Pizzi..My only concern is strikers have ability to finish the ball.. Not everytime the midfielders can go through the goal and shoot leaving a huge gap behind for counterattack..
    Fahd and Abed are two wingers who we can rely on shooting on goal..Salem , I have rarely seen him shooting from inside or outside the box for a goal.
    Tayseer is deep lying midfielder but you can't rely on him everytime..

6. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Today the score wasnt dissapointing but the performance was.

Jaseem playing as a CM is a disaster since he is so poor at covering up for offensive wingers like Sharani.

Al-Muwlaad, Dawsari, Sheri are all out of form ( thanks mr incompetent alsheik). Sheri can barely move.

-If Faraj isnt ready, Mogahwi or Kanoo has to replace him. Not Al jaseem.

- Good game from Sahlawi today. Like I said, he is awful at scoring goals now but he is a very good passer for his position.

- Osama is really old and slow. Motaz or evem Jahfali are all clearly better players at this point.

al ittihady repped this.
  7. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    - they pressed high today and because of that Ukraine had tons of room to operate in otayfs area.

- Mostly played 4-1-4-1 but switched back to 4-2-3-1 when mogahwi came in for jaseem.

- Sheri not only looked lile he was 50 years old, he also wasnt comfortable with his position. He might have to come off the bench because Al-abed seems ideal for that position.

Imo they should go with

Sahlawi
    Dawsari Abed Muwalad
    Otay Faraj
    Harbi Omar Motaz Sharani

With Sheri, Al-Jaseem, Kano, Kuwaikibi being the main subs.

This fixes a few issues..

- Sharani constantly going forward and leaving space. His area was vurneable. Against a competent winger the saudis would have beem smoked in the firdt half.

- if they are going to press high, they will have one extra player that bridges between Defense and midfield. The high press left tons of holes in the middle.

al ittihady repped this.
  8. Fa1con

Fa1con Member

Mar 29, 2016
    All in all a decent result.

Next friendly match is against Belgium on 27 March.

9. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Good analysis, Muhannad Asiri and Abdulfatah Asiri should be the subs for Sahlawi and Muwallad

10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Thanks @PinoyMarauder for the brief.. Could not watch the game but this helped a lot ..
    Agree with Hammad, Abdul Fatah is really good sub and can play for either player on the wings..
    As for Fahd, Yahya & Salem, all played first game under Pizzi, so they would take time to adapt to his tactics. Maybe if he now stops experimenting the sides we might see all three pick up form .

Next game against Belgium will be huge and morale shacking. If they play with there first team & we loose with respectable scoreline it would be beneficial for players and coaching staff.

11. Fa1con

Fa1con Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Flashback to 1994 WC with Owairan single-handedly scoring one of the most iconic World Cup goals against Belgium.

12. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    To be honest, I believe that there's still room for one more striker in the team (be it Nasser Al Shamrani) since we cannot rely on only Sahlawi and Muhannad in the World Cup.

13. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    No not really.

I had sahlawhi starting simply because Pizzi is adamant about starting one CF otherwise they could easily play with no real striker and go

Fahad
    Salem abed Yahya
    Faraj Otayf

14. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    I actually think playung without a CF is great for this team. Imo its the one way they could optimize their real strength.

The thing is the best subs

Are Kanoo, Jahfali, Kuwakibi and Mogahwi. They are all better than Sahlwai and Asiri.

- You can bring in Kanoo if they need to pollute the midfiled more to better control the field
    - Mogahwi is a versstile midfielder. He can play as a CM without sacrificing too much offensive quality
    -Kuwaikibi can sub any of the big 5 middfield

Etc.

15. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    #40 al ittihady, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    I think its too early to judge the right playing 11 now since Pizzi has only incharge of first official match against Ukraine.
    We might judge him more after 2 more matches..
    As of now, IMO we need 2 more strikers to fill in Sahlawi & I don't think Shamrani is option. I still prefer Mukhtar Fallatah and hope the coach gives him chance, he's strong in air and can dribble too.
    Next one to catch some eye was Islam Seraj but he faded after match days..
    Abdul Aziz Aryani for Ittihad is good too but he's too young for this big stage..
    Hazza Al Hazza is sadly out but he looked promising..

16. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Mukhatar is injured.

Diaz had a good eye for talent. Its too bad turki al sheik likes to make decisions for other clubs.

It was crazy after one tweet from him he is immedirtly fired the day after.

17. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Also I think the starting eleven is almost 100% set.

Only two playets that might start is faraj and Alabed if he is healthy.

They're not going to bench osama and they didnt even pick al breik

18. Fa1con

Fa1con Member

Mar 29, 2016
    I find it mind-boggling how Diaz has been sacked, after all, missteps is part of the game and is important for development, if we dont learn from it and continue changing coaches left and right, we are in for a perpetual failure.

19. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Dude, you dont follow turki al sheik? The day before he was sacked he tweeted "it looks like diaz wants to continue coaching...."

He is a litteral egomaniac.

20. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Diaz IMO , was decent coach not a very great coach. If you look at the scorelines, all were slim apart from one or 2 matches..His whole team or his tactics was build around Eduaordo and it collapsed as soon as he got injured. Also, Diaz was surviving coz other clubs were suffering.That's why I like coaches who don't build around a player & keep his job safe as long as he's there. But Turki's influence is not fair for any clubs and if it continues for another season I highly see the fans start disapproving his tactics & loose trust in the league

21. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Let' fill in the players who are already on plane to Russia -

GK: Yasser Al Mosalem, Waleed Abdullah
    Defenders : Osama Hawsawi, Omar Hawsawi, Moatez Hawsawi, Yasser Shahrani, Mansour Harbi
    Midfielders: Tayseer Jassem, Salman Faraj, Abdullah Otayf, Abdul Malek Khaibari,Yahya Sehri, Hussain Moghawi, Ibrahim Ghaleb, Fahd Muwallad, Salem Dawsari, Nawaf Abed
    Forwards: Mohammed Sahlawi, Muhannad Asiri

I have listed 19 players out of 23.
    For GK, we have 3 way battle - Fawaz Al Qarni, Abdullah Mayouf & Mohammed Owaif
    For Rest - Hassan Muaz, Mohammed Buraik, Abdullah Zori, Abdul Aziz Jebreen, Abdul Fatah Asiri, Nasser Shamrani, Jamal Bajandoh, Mohammad Al Kuwaikbi, Mohammed Kanoo, Ali Azqaan have to prove themselves for the rest spots..

22. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Yeah Turki al-Sheikh's reign has been nothing short of a disaster. Between..
    not renewing for van Marwijck,
    sending our best players (without the consultation of anyone) to sit and get fat on Spanish benches,
    meddling in club affairs,
    and ad-hoc rule changes,
    he's managed to destroy Saudi football. But what did we expect from an authority run by a twitter fanboy?

In some ways it's good. It's tempered my excitement for this summer. I was originally looking forward to the opening match, and with having some banter with our Egyptian neighbours. Now I just want it over with.

BTW are you ready for the beating we're going to get tonight? I feel the Belgians are keen on well and truly wiping away the WC'94 memory.
    They're also a much better team than 94 while we're worse than we were even on qualifiers judging by that awful performance against Ukraine...

23. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Yeah. Its not like dawsari, Muwalad, Yahya wanted to go either. It was apparent from their body language they hated the move. I was watching the Q&A talk the media and player had with turki and adel and Tayseer al-jaseem said something along the lines of "turki never gets critizied for anything" lol...

Yeah, saudi is gonna get smoked. If Pizzi insist on playing Jaseem over Mogahwi or Kano and leaving otayf as the only holding midfielder I can see this turn into a disaster. Hopefully when faraj comes back he goes back to two Dmfs.

To pizzi credit, if faraj does come back and he will. He didnt make any drastic changes to Van Marwjik squad.

I am just pissed Yahya, Salem, Fahad are all getting fat.

Turki is ruining club football though. What excitement do fans get knowing turki has his hands on all clubs. Its crazy.

HiJazzey repped this.
  24. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Btw, All AFC teams save for Iran are in a hot mess. Saudi, Australis, Japan, Korea all look like they are going to embarass asia.

25. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    The Belgians don't play around! Dayum that starting lineup:

Belgium:

Simon Mignolet
    Jan Vertonghen , Vincent Kompany , Toby Alderweireld
    Yannick Carrasco , Axel Witsel , Kevin DeBruyne , Thomas Meunier
    Dries Mertens , Eden Hazard