"Kroos'ing to la undécima"- The Official Welcome Toni Kroos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Jul 17, 2014.

1. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Desperation aside this team isn't nearly direct enough at times. We practically count to 20 so the defense can organize their lines and then we begin a very gentleman attack on the left corner flag. Kroos doesn't take enough risk so Fede trying something is welcome as far as I am concerned.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Most players in our attacking lineup need five turns and six touches to put something together.

This is why I like Vinicius, being a raw talent aside, because 90% of what he has in mind is to bring the ball forward as fast as possible.

Ironically I don't think it's Fede's passing that makes him direct, rather than his running lane with/without the ball.

3. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    The runs help for sure but additionally he releases the ball in way that advances the attack before the defense can adjust which is sorely lacking

4. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I actually think they are very similar players. Similar strengths (passing, shooting, creating) similar weaknesses (slow, lazy, defenders).

The difference is in attitude, personality and style of play. Kroos is a much more conservative player who is content to sit back and let others do the attacking, while Jame likes to get forward and try stuff.

Players that are very different from James/Kroos are Bale, Vinicius, Casemiro, Nacho, etc.

5. LastBoyscout

LastBoyscout Member+

Mar 6, 2013
    Long passes per game Kroos: 6.9 James: 2.4 Also Kroos has 3.3 key passes per game which are passes that result in a shot on goal, while James has 2 of those.
    Just to dispel the notion that he only passes back and sideways.

Which is by the way the best number in the team. Boring old Kroos with his backwards and sideways passes creates more chances than any other player at Real at the moment like the boring old clockwork he is.
    65% more chances per game than the messi like offensive genious of James!
    Some people just mistake running forward and then losing the ball in a spectacular but pointless dribble with actually creating something of value to the team.

Dage repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then I absolutely am not going to discuss this with you.

Gogermo, MiamiNative0722 and Dage repped this.
  7. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Kroos is top level at what he does, but if you have two players in central midfield sitting behind the ball spraying it around, a winger and central striker who would prefer to create chances rather than score themselves, and a host of other players who can’t finish, then you are going to struggle as a squad.

In the current setup we need someone in midfield who is gonna break lines, get ahead of the ball, get into the box and score. If by some miracle we get a top forward like Mbappe in the near future, we no longer need that type of player.

The club is in a difficult situation because if it splurges big money on that type of player and then suddenly Mbappe is on the market and the problem is no longer finishing but creating, we will have to remould the squad again.

Anon. and temesgen repped this.
  8. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If you think Kroos is more like Vinicius than James and think James is more like Nacho than Kroos, then you are right that there's no conversation to be had but probably wrong about just about everything else in the world.

9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you enjoy spewing nonsense or something? What a fruitless post

10. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

Digital, hala_madrid722, MaxY and 2 others repped this.
  11. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  12. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
  13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

14. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kroos is certainly playing well these days. Good to see!!

Anon., Pundorikakho, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup, he's made huge progress from his shitty form last season. I wonder if it has anything to do with the renewal of his contract.

Anon. and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  16. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think certain players with an elite mentality are the first to be aware they are underperforming, and take the sport seriously enough to not accept that. Others *cough* Bale *cough* just dont have that.

Anon., MiamiNative0722 and Digital repped this.
  17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale takes sport very seriously, unfortunately for us it's not football.

Doni and Hsain85 repped this.
  18. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He was quietly excellent for most of the PSG game, crazy how much difference motivation can do.

19. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Most improved player in Europe?

Defo up there.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This dude has been a machine since he was 23 or so. He's never been on a bad team, so maybe he had trouble adjusting or flipping the switch, but for all the shit I get for Bale, the only man I fully commit to be a stan of is Toni.

21. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He’s been in shit form for a good 1.5 years prior to now though.

He was my favourite player in a really strong Bayern team and we practically got one of the best centre mids of his generation for free. It’s been an insanely good transfer for us overall. But that doesn’t wipe away the fact that his current form is night and day from what we’ve seen of him in the past season and half.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As has the entire rest of the team, which is why I said he hasn't been on a bad team yet until that point.

Certain players don't make bad teams better, but make good teams excellent.

madridista_hr and Lyra repped this.
  23. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This isn’t true though is it.

24. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pretty much is with just a few exceptions.

Digital repped this.
  25. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid