"Kroos'ing to la undécima"- The Official Welcome Toni Kroos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Jul 17, 2014.

1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lol why don't you educate us?

Kroos is a magnificent talent but he has mo work rate. He has been an issue defensively for a few years now.

And as brilliant of a passer that he is, he only helps maintain control and doesn't help create much going forward. High passing percentages are nice and all but I'd rather have vertical play and intensity in work rate

temesgen and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    It’s time to move on from Kroos.

3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh and I don't like Pogba either.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The players people rave about here (Ndombele for example) aren't really doing all that hot either. Pretty funny.

5. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Kroos is the ultimate scapegoat. He is the reason why we suck. He is the reason we have troubles in our lives.

6. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Can you name one poster who’s said this?
    The consensus is that he is part of the problem, I don’t recall anyone saying he is the only problem or even the main one.

Nathanial Essex and J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    TC
    VARANE
    CARVAJAL
    KROOS

8. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I thought that was Courtois.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ramos has also been pretty terrible, Marcelo average at best (at least Mendy seems competent), Modric multiple steps behind or injured.

Only decent performing players this season have been Benzema and Bale, James pretty good overall, Mendy with some decent showings. The rest have been easily replaceable.

More than that, we don't seem capable to adapt in tactics and figure we might as well burn all our money in the same slot machine to hit the jackpot at some point.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    #2110 YOUNGSTARS87, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Dude that's some clown's poorly thought out sock.

Apparently I don't respect them enough to respond to their main account so they decided to make another.

11. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Definitely the worst player in the squad alongside Varane, Carvajal and Courtois.

Does not exploit space between the lines while attacking, and has zero continuation movement in depth after made pass. Mostly recycles possession. Constantly killing tempo.

While in defense, he is slow and constantly late in covering space and players.

temesgen, J-Mezzy and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  12. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    What space ? What lines ? Have you watched us ? The only reason he is passing sideways or even backwards is because that are the only outlets.

13. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    The reason we play bad to you guys is : Marcelo, Carvajal , Courtois , Varane and Kroos are out of form. Even Modric who just won the Bd'O isn't good enough.
    And on the other half we have : we should have kept Morata , Llorente , Ceballos ! They would have played better.
    The real reason is we have no system. Zero. Nada. Niente.

14. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    #2114 janos audron, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Do you need dictionary definition of space? Have you heard of defense, midfield and forward line? Usually expressed because of zonal defending? Have you heard of triangles? Continuation movement? Etc...

The only reasong he is passing sideways is because his positioning and movement is shit. Specifically wide and deep. The end result midfield outlet which should provide triangles with:

1. LB, CB
    2. LB, LW
    3. LW, CF
    4. CM, DM/CDM

etc... is missing in crucial position to provide creative play.

lineup(1).png

This usually causes Benzema to drop deep, which provides even less presence upfront while impairing creative play in final third by also isolating LW and RW. It also allows opponent to position more high up and effectively press us.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Miss this guy.

16. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    The graphic makes me laugh so hard...

17. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except that you are pointing out players that are well over 30 for basically having list a step and really only being able to get to 99% but never 100 again.

The real culprits are the players who should still be in their prime but don't even seem like Victoria Secret models and Salt Bea could get them excited.

Then there's Courtois, I'm beginning to sound like a broken record but I didn't think he was this bad when we signed him. He'd barely make an adequate backup at this point because you know if he plays exactly what the other team has to do to score.

18. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

People in transfer thread: sElL kroos nExT sUmMer

19. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    and again had two weak shoots from very good positions and missed tons of chances to make more riky pass when it was possible. No one denying he is very good player but sometimes he must risk more.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Kroos has been great since the Sevilla game, arguably our best player along with Casemiro.

But that doesn't excuse his laziness and lack of impact for 2+ seasons. His criticism was well deserved and he should honesty have been benched already before his recent string of good performances

21. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Stat merchants be like. And I don't mean Kroos but his fans.

22. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People would complain about Xabi's speed, non-dribbling ability and possession recycling.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol dude blew two 100% chances. Where are your stats in that?

If we're smart we're replacing both Modric and Kroos, because both as if now are more likely to cost us a match then win us one.

24. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Modric gave away the ball that cost us second goal. I'd sell him before kroos. For some reason he's protected and defended all the time at the expense of thrashing the German

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  25. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This:

Modric also had a lot of bad matches but he was always putting more work and trying something while Kroos. One of them even got the golden ball, I don't know how you can even compare them.
    I also like Kroos after Paris game. If he continues like this then there is no argument at all if he needs to be sold.