"Kroos'ing to la undécima"- The Official Welcome Toni Kroos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Jul 17, 2014.

1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Both players; especially Llorenre have shown they should be trusted with more minutes.

I believe Zidane will

2. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

James --- Kroos --- Isco

The molasses midfield, death in slow motion.

Anon. repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can tell you that this is the last summer Llorente will be fooled. It will take a lot of sweet talk to make him stay, and if he stays, as soon as he's under 1000 minutes, he's leaving.

Ceballos is gone.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Who said Zidane came in to make them starters?

Our starters should be Eriksen, Modric and Casemiro. Our backups should be Isco, Ceballos and Llorente.

That is a deep and flexible midfield.

I'm just confused how you can shit on Llorente and Ceballos yet still defend Kroos who has been significantly worse than both?

5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Hopefully this is the last summer Perez will be fooled and Kroos and Bale can be gone as well.

You can make these declarations but when you're proven wrong again in another year don't get mad when I say I told you so.....

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All I know is Zidane brought back Casemiro from one season at Porto and made him a starter in Madrid, when Llorente came back from his season on loan he turned him into a scarecrow at Valdebebas.

But sure, after less than a DVDs length of playing time this season, Zidane recognized his potential.

Everybody will play until the end of the season. At the end of it we'll see real talk.

7. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Not the same situation though when Casimero was brought back by Rafa not Zidane we had no other DM in the squad that’s why he became an important player for Zizou, Llorente, when he came back, we already had a DM in Casimero.

Stiliyan repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kovacic got double the minutes Llorente got, and he had him playing with a defensive assignment in a game vs Barca. So it was basically Kovacic over Llorente, at DM included.

It's more likely Kovacic will return and Llorente will leave now if you ask me.

9. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I’m not arguing that Zidane handles the Llorente situation properly just giving a rationale behind Casimero’s rise.
    And Kova and Llorente are not even remotely close to being the same type of players, Kova can’t anchor in front of the back line he is more of ACM than anything while Llorente can slot in for Casimero without any issues, if Zidane can’t see that after what Llorente has shown this season then he is blind.

10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I imagine the reason behind he left was 90% situation with forwards. Knowing that Flo wont go after top tier forward, while losing main goal scorer CR7.

And you want to put Llorente and Ceballos in that context? lolz!

Llorente has definitely proven himself. Or do you think when things start clicking he will disappear suddenly? Having a bad season makes you incapable of determining quality of players? Strange rhetoric.

Kroos, Modrić and Casemiro combo has been figured out and can be effectively countered. It is time to move on.

Stiliyan repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He came back after being used for over 2000 minutes in first division football and is unproven.

After sitting out two entire seasons in Madrid. He proved himself.

Spot the mistake.
    That's arguable, but even from that standpoint, it's highly arguable if Zidane will feel like Llorente is a pillar he can build on after bumming him out.

12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    It was 3k+ minutes not 2k. In his first season in first division, while being praised for his performances.

It would be arguable if the argument was made in 2018 prior to start of the season. At this point no.

Besides, it seems Zidane agrees considering he specifically stated team needs changes.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So how was he not proven enough to trust?

Ceballos said that when he asked why he isn't playing Zidane told him "because the others are better".

14. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I say that he has proven himself to warrant substantially more minutes. Or am i missing something?o_O

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane was coaching the team while Llorente was on the bench. If he wasn't proven after 3000 minutes, how did this season where he's been out injured the entire year or on the bench change anything?

16. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Not proven for who? I personally have been impressed by his performances in Alaves. His 18/19 performances only support my personal position about his quality.

As for Zidane. As i already said, he mentioned Llorente as one of his regrets. Add to that incredibly shitty season with subpar performances from both three regulars and quality performances by Llorente.. Well... things can change, right? If i am not mistaken Casemiro needed 10 matches after Zidane took over to become a starter.

Stiliyan repped this.
  17. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Kroos has been letting counter attacks glide past him for a couple seasons, his shooting has been poor and his willingness to enter the box and tie up a defender is virtually nonexistent.

The little he does, he does very well but its not enough of a range of positives to justify a starting spot in this team considering what a midfield needs to bring to squad.

I don't want to sell him but I do want competition so we see some ambition/desire to something besides pass the ball from time to time.

Açores57 repped this.
  18. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    you got 10 games left. if you see Llorente or Ceballos starting in 2 of these games, (without injuries or suspensions to Casemiro, Modric and Kroos), then maybe they'll have a chance next year as rotation players.
    anything else, and both have to either accept a bench role or move on.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And i asked for a source for this.

20. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #1745 robnycus, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Zidane already said some players would not play much.. I wonder who he was refering to or most likely he does not even know yet.
    But he still threw that out there so there aren’t any surprises when this happens.

21. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Ceballos said in an interview today that Zidane told him he’s been following his game/progress and that he’d be getting the same opportunities as all his teammates this time around; I’d be willing to bet he’s had a similar conversation with Llorente.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane already said everybody will play till the rest of the season. What he's going to do in the summer is something completely different and I doubt he already spoke to anybody about that yet.

23. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I see your point.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005

So we are suppose to ignore what he says and hold on to your opinion of what we think will happen?

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought it was clear that we're talking about next season and based on what we've seen so far with Llorente and Ceballos i don't think he'll give them a run as starters next season, and Llorente especially doesn't have time for that. Other players are starting CL semi finals and are first 11 in the national team at his age.

Zidane already said everybody will get a fair look this season, but I don't think Zidane returned to offload Kroos and rely on players he completely ignored for an entire season with neither of them being any further in their progress than they were when he was here.

Zidane will want quality that was missing, not the same squad he had - Kroos.