"Kroos'ing to la undécima"- The Official Welcome Toni Kroos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Jul 17, 2014.

1. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The title needs to be changed
    La Undecima is ancient history now
    Lol

madridista_hr, Deep Pal, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  2. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Everyone seemed to look past that pinpoint, inventive, extremely vertical ball Kroos played to Ronaldo before he headed it down to Vasquez for the tie-saving penalty.

3. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yep, another thing worth noting is the corner kick/set pieces, the quality of the balls he provides might be arguable (last seasons we were better at set pieces, but so were Ramos and others at headers), but if that responsibility goes back to Modric, he'll have to cover like at least 1km more during each match, since we get a lot of them and it's always Kroos moving left and right to take them. I'd rather Modric save his energy for other tasks.

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That's not the issue though.

The problem is when he has to defend, track or mark defenders.

5. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yep even ronaldo put a much better shift in than him the other night with tackles and interceptions. Hes coasting through every game this season.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Kroos has been magnificent for years. Most consistent player in our team before this season (not named Cris). But these last 5 months or so he has been garbage. He should have been dropped months ago to wake him up but that wasn't done. The final is not the time to drop him.

I feel like he's not far way from being the same Kroos from last year. Zizou is boss at motivating players and I think he just needs to have a little talk with Kroos. Tell him plainly that he has been playing well but he needs more from him in the final. A lot more. That our whole team depends on him. Remind him of the stone cold terminator that he is. Maybe show him some clips of him bossing the shit out of teams. Whatever works.

It really bothered me that eh couldn't get up for a crucial semi final game against his old club who chucked him out. Sure he's had his revenge in years past but playing against them in a crucial game should have had a fire in his legs.

Have Zizou remind him who he is.

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  7. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Shit you read on here sometimes.

Deep Pal and Dage repped this.
  8. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    See what I mean when I say we tend to overrate our players.

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Or overrate players on other teams and degrade players on ours. Verratti isn't the same playing field; dude can't even stay on the pitch in big games.

kime777, madridista_hr, Deep Pal and 6 others repped this.
  10. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That is the issue but some are getting away from that. As usual.

Deep Pal and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Verratti, as technically and tactically gifted as he is, is low key pudgy. 60 minute player that doesn't seem to work on his fitness at all. I feel that even Özil has more gas in the tank than him.

temesgen repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Verratti's "greatness" so far has been a myth like the boogeyman or "trickle down economics".

13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    To me he is a better player all around. Kroos simply can’t be bothered to defend.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Youtube highlights don't show him being worked to pieces at the 60th minute grasping on shirts and throwing himself at people to keep up. He should be at his peak right now and he's getting caught out there smoking and nightlifing it up and it shows in the close, physically demanding matches. That's simply no good for a player just 25 years old.

When asked about his lifestyle he said he would rather quit football than change anything about himself.

Anon., ahnaf, madridista_hr and 4 others repped this.
  15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I didnt know that. You talk a lot of hyperbole.. You said James was a partying machine.. then you switched to Isco..
    Papers also like to blow up these stories.. all it takes is for a player to be seen late in a restaurant, party or lounge for them to make a story out of it.
    Not sure how you are gonna deal with Neymar here then..

Kroosinator and Hendrix22 repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's a non issue of a player has his shít together on the pitch, but Verratti was so gassed in the second half against Bayern and Madrid this season, it throws serious attention to his fitness or lack thereof.

His sending off against Madrid was mostly down to him being completely out of breath and frustrated. That's no good for a midfield motor type player. For me Verratti is turning into wasted potential.

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Exactly

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Kroos when he is on his game is the second best midfielder on this team and in the world. Defending has never been his strong suit, and that's not the issue I have with him now. It's the effort that he is putting in, similar to what Marcelo was doing earlier in the season.

temesgen, Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and 6 others repped this.
  19. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Several months ago I criticized Kroos for being the weak link in midfield that makes us so porous defensively, but as usual the reactions to that were how can I talk such blasphemy, he's as amazing as ever and its all the strikers fault for not scoring enough goals. Like most times before, it just takes a while for this forum to come around to the truth.

And whatever you say about Verratti's stamina levels, he still has twice the workrate, motor and tenacity Kroos does.

20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’d say if we created numerous clear chances that the strikers continuously fluffed and failed to score ( this did actually occur when Ronaldo was flat, not to mention the rightly so when it comes to scoring harangued Benz or the off the boil Gareth) then yes, “it’s all the strikers fault for not scoring enough goals”, not because a midfielder is not at his best, at least IMO, but that seems to be an outlandish thought to you from what I’ve read in your post, has Toni been underpar, he sure has, but i’m not sure what that has to do with our lack of goalscoring earlier in the season, everyone has noted it’s a real problem that was not sorted before the season started and still needs urgent attention

temesgen, Shay Z, YOUNGSTARS87 and 2 others repped this.
  21. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No, the argument was that we're just as good defensively as last season, so Kroos must be fine too in that aspect. I didn't bring up the attack, you did.

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We are not just as good defensively as we were last season. We have four game remaining and have conceded four goals less than last season so we're on pace to conceded more.

Out problem was not scoring. We have scored 24 less goals than last year with four matches to go. We left a lot of points on the table with bad finishing.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The classic bad week in the League for the team has been to have chance after chance, throw it all at the opponent's goal and then concede late or in stoppage time.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Needless to say that part was suppose to state "Our problem was our scoring".

25. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, our problem has been scoring. At the same time Kroos has been worse defensively than last season, and he's not very good to begin with. The attack being bad is no excuse for his performance this season, which hasn't started recently by the way. Talking about the attack is deflecting and changing the topic