Koscielny floors bitches -- the Laurent Koscielny thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Romfordray, May 22, 2014.

1. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Legend...winning goals to give Arsenal 2 fourth place trophies, one FA Cup and bonafide destroyer of strikers. Some of us did not know what to expect of you when you came over. But you have won over just about every Arsenal fan with your spirit and desire.

2. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2 ArsenalJake, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
    Great thread, and much needed.

Laurent Koscielny is my favorite Arsenal player. He joined the Arsenal the same year I began loyally following the club and has gone from relative unknown to bonafide stud in central defense. He got his first cap with France in his first season at Arsenal, and is in the running to start in central defense at the 2014 World Cup.

He came out of his shell after he got a decent partner (anyone other than Squallaci) and his breakthrough game was against Barcelona in the 2012 Champions League knock out round. He never looked back.

My favorite moment of the FA Cup celebration was watching everyone hoist the cup one at a time, only for Laurent and Per to instinctively lift the cup together. A truly top class partnership in every way.

Laurent, I salute you. Keep flooring bitches.

wcharriscpa, aphex and Romfordray repped this.
  3. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He is one of the best CBs in the world and in the top 3 in the EPL imo.

Great lad, like that thug walk of his :cool:

aphex and Romfordray repped this.
  4. aphex

aphex Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He needs / wants the supporters the sing his name!

5. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    HE SCORES WHEN IT COUNTS!
    HE SCORES WHEN IT COUUNNNNNTSSSSS!
    LAURENT KOSCIELNY HE SCORES WHEN IT COUNTS!

Absolute legend. If he continues to play like he has and sees out his contract, he and Tony Adams will be the best CB's in our history. That may be unfair to Sol but I just love Kos but I also love Sol. Damn, I'm drunk but y'all know what I mean.

charlie15 and aphex repped this.
  6. aphex

aphex Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'll have what he's having

7. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are really drunk...lol.... I have been one of the firsts Koscielny defenders/apologists/fans on this board but I think Sol is in a class by himself, LK is not there yet (hopefully). True dat though, he is top quality and for my money the best CB in the league this season.

R9Kevinr9 repped this.
  8. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I reckon Arsenal should dedicate a bronze statue to Sol Campbell. Specifically the one where he slid for 8 miles. (I know it wasn't in an Arsenal kit but still.)

darcgun and charlie15 repped this.
  9. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sol is a freak of nature. I saw him live and I cant recall any player combining such imposing physique, raw pace and power. The dude was huge.

darcgun repped this.
  10. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So glad he atoned for his Brum (partial admittedly) mistake by scoring in the Final. Would have been fitting if he scored the winner, but he's surely a world class centre back now. Kind of funny how we have players who initially are shit, but then turn good. Keown, Parlour, and now Kos and Per are in that mold.

11. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's weird, can't think of many other players who are both Arsenal and Tottenham legends (Jennings is the exception).

12. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I know this matters for absolutely nothing but Koscielny is a 78 overall in the new World Cup FIFA game smh

13. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Is Sol still a scum legend? I wouldn't imagine we would love him for doing to us what he did to them.

darcgun repped this.
  14. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    In terms of performance, IMHO, yes.

Who else has been better for them at CB in PL years? Mabbutt? Ledley?

15. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Funny how we have a long tradition of players being initially shit and then turning good...

16. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lately we have an equally long tradition of players turning to shit. Chamakh, Arshavin and Park come to mind.

darcgun repped this.
  17. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Only Arshavin went to shit, and that is because Wenger used him and discarded him. The other two come on mate, Chamakh and Park they are barely examples of footballers let along "good" ones.

I would assume it takes more than perfomance to be a legend, passion? Loyalty? Not ********ing off to your traditional rival?

18. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GrooverBlog 2h
    Brazilian journalist : "people struggle to say your name" Koscielny : "Just call me Kos"

KOS THE BOSS!

R9Kevinr9 repped this.
  19. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Have to agree to disagree. I remember Sol was a beast for them...one of their best ever PL players.

20. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    True, but then in PL history Keown, Parlour and in more recent times Per spring to mind as shit turning good.

21. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    Per took a a year to adjust to the premier league. As a much capped German international when Arsene bought him, I would hardly classify him as shit at the start of his Arsenal career.

22. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He made some bad errors, but then people like Vidic, Carvalho, even Toure as top PL era non-UK centre backs fitted in from the get go. Just think he only really came good in 12/13.

23. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    I believe that's what I said. He took a season to adapt, i.e. the 2011/2012 season. BTW Toure was a right back/defensive midfielder in his first season at Arsenal, so he had time to adapt to the premier league before he became a regular starter in the center of the defense.

24. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The few spuds I know consider him one of the best who ever wore the white and blue of spurs but not considered a legend for what he did. There's no denying his talent but they don't see him as a club icon. That's cool though 'cause that doesn't mean shite compared to be an Arsenal legend. LOL :D

darcgun repped this.
  25. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How does sakho start over kos, sakho of shit