Koreans In West Asian Leagues 2012-2015 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i would be that guy.

olijolly and killaorca repped this.
  2. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We can't complain though. CSL clubs have the money and they want to spend it (they will bear the consequences--good,bad, or whatever).

Important thing is how K-league can grow under these circumstances. That should be their homework. I think it's a fact that Korean clubs struggle to bring money in. :(

I really hope E-land's Seoul club project results in many benefits for Korean domestic football. There must be an incentive for investors to invest in football. (and to actually reap rewards).

Two analysts from 원투펀치 said that they can see how Jeonbuk Hyundai FC is reaping considerable rewards from investing into their clubs. Stable administration, excellent facilities, and talented squad. They are the top K-league team.

3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Seoul E-land is doing pretty well, they've been winning the last 8 out of 9 of their matches and compared to other teams, their marketing is pretty good too. They have 30,418 facebook likes which is more than every football teams in Korea other than Seoul FC (79,813) and Suwon (50,931). Keep in mind that Seoul E-land has only been playing for 3 months.
    What I want is for city football group or whatever rich organization/person to buy a K-league club and invest the shit out of it (marketing/squad/coaches/youth etc). I'm hoping that club be Incheon United as they are playing in the 3rd most populated city, is in Gyeongido, and has a brand new stadium. Then with them and Seoul E-land, they can buy back all the players in China and the Middle East which will result in 2 super clubs in Korea more super than Seoul FC, Suwon, Jeonbuk, Pohang, and Ulsan. So, if some dudes that play in the K-league feel the temptation to pull a Judas and go to China or Qatar, they will have the option of to stay in Korea by playing for one of the two teams.

chook90 repped this.
  4. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How I have been feeling since watching K-league matches, is that I overrated league parity in K-league (if there ever was one). Watching 2 relatively even teams duke it out can be unpredictable and fun, but I yearn for a rise of a super club(s) in K-league. In some ways, I think Jeonbuk can become a super club in near future.

But the frustrating thing is that domestic soccer/football ain't popular in Korea. Does this fact and lack of investments (as far as I know) into the league form a chicken-or-egg question?

I once again point to two analysts from 원투펀치. These guys said that most/all world-class leagues in the world have one or few super clubs pushing their respective leagues to the next level. The lesser teams' catch-up game propels this development.

killaorca repped this.
  5. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [QUOTE="Mehster, post: 32446954, member: 169560"
    What I want is for city football group or whatever rich organization/person to buy a K-league club and invest the shit out of it (marketing/squad/coaches/youth etc).[/QUOTE]
    If any of you guys get rich promise to be that guy pls

killaorca repped this.
  6. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    the lack of interest there is still a mystery to me

chook90 repped this.
  7. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If you meant why K-league isn't drawing a large number of spectators, I have to write something that pains me.

Some matches are just.... boring-- for a lack of better words. The quality of football displayed on the pitch isn't pretty or exciting compared to those higher level leagues which I guess many Koreans easily have access to.
    This is just one of the possible factors in my interpretation.

On a side note, one of the things that make watching sports games so entertaining is if you REALLY care about that team's pride or performance. Every KNT match I watch, I want them to win, doesn't matter who the opposition is (want does not mean I expect). I don't even want draws. I want wins. I'm afraid this desire doesn't exist in K-league matches (though I want FC Seoul to be successful). AFC Champions League is a different story.

nmssis repped this.
  8. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

how do you get grass roots interest to grow is key i think...

chook90 repped this.