Koreans In J.League 2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
  2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

[​IMG]

10August2012 repped this.
  3. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen

wetcrispy repped this.
  4. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    who's the bully?

5. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    China U-18 international Gao Zhunyi (高准翼/고준익?), an ethnic Korean from Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture, has signed for J-League Division 2 club Kataller Toyama. He is the son of Gao Zhongxun (高仲勋/고중훈), a former Chinese international who helped the team to a 3rd place finish at the 1992 Asian Cup.
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/c/2014-01-31/17417003570.shtml
    [​IMG]

zdrstvte repped this.
  6. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Correct :D. Goh Jun-Ik.

7. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same surname as Ko Yo-Han I guess. I have an American friend of Korean-Japanese descent with the same family name.
    Interestingly they're registering him as "Ko Jun-I"..."Ko" could be the Japanese pronunciation of Gao (Japanifying names of Chinese is still common in Japan), but his given name would be "Jun-Yoku" in Japanese. It could be based on his Korean name, but that would be kinda weird in this context. The player himself asks to be called simply "Gao".

8. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  9. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think i posted about this way back in the J.league transfer thread. He's been pretty dreadful in the kleague as of late and got released by 2 relegation candidates in the same year. Even at his peak he was just a decent kleague striker. Older players seem to have an easier time in Japan so maybe he can be revived. I think Yokohama got the better Korean striker in Park Sung Ho though.

10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I thought this was koreans in j.league thread.

11. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Meh Urawa fans. No surprises there.

They got beaten by Yoon Jung-hwan's Sagan Tosu which makes Tosu first in the ladder (only two matches though lol).

This is the first time a J-league club has 6 Koreans altogether -
    • Manager Yoon Jung-hwan
    • Coach Kim Hui-ho
    • Kim Min-woo
    • Choi Sung-keun
    • Yeo Sung-hae
    • Kim Min-hyuk
    [​IMG]

I still have a small hope that this man leads our Rio 2016 Olympics team. I still have that small hope...

Seol Korea and zdrstvte repped this.
  12. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I don't see how Urawa Reds fans represent the whole of the Japanese football culture. They are already known to be quite a troublesome bunch causing havoc. Just look at Sagan Tosu, really shows how much the Japanese hate Koreans doesn't it? :rolleyes: There are ignorant people all around the world.

13. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
  14. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I recall Jung Sung Hoon (why the hell did he romanize it "Shung" I wonder... 정셩훈...?) actually started a few games for us back in the 2010 WC qualifiers, lol.

15. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japan Football News @JFN_en Follow
    A terrible banner from Urawa Reds fan. As a Japanese, I really want to apologize to foreign people for such a thing.

Angel Bear and zdrstvte repped this.
  16. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    #66 zdrstvte, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    Taken from BSJ. Well done to J-League for actually taking the racism issue at Urawa Reds seriously and punishing them accordingly, when most other leagues around the world seem quite happy to just give out a token wrist-slap ban. No sympathies for Urawa Reds here, there is no excuse for bringing political and race issues into football.
    Post taken from BSJ as well. Other J-League supporters are putting up anti-racist banners after the incident. :thumbsup:

edkwolverines and takeuchi repped this.
  17. Chorok

Chorok Member+

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    When this news was posted on Korean portals, I was disappointed to see racial slurs everywhere in the comments. Small minority ruining it for everyone...

zdrstvte repped this.
  18. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    small minorities yea. but there were thousands of other ppl in the stadium that coulda done something about it

19. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's always like that. Internet comments can make you lose hope in humanity. You should have read comments when those college kids died in an accident.

20. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I think @Chorok meant the minority as in the netizens in Korean portals pouring racial insults at the Japanese in these articles without realising the irony.
    But as for your point, I wouldn't put too much blame on the other Urawa fans. It's easy to berate the bystanders, but in reality most people would do the same. Not many would dare to confront ultras and put themselves in danger. It's the the stadium security that has the most blame as well as the ultras who put them up as well.

I guess opposites attract, racist Japanese and racist Koreans. Thankfully, they're in the very small minority.

21. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #71 pkk78, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    Yoon... one of only 2 true genuine playmaker technicians Korea has produced in the modern era, the other being Ko Jong Soo.
    Interesting that both were coached and developed by Ki Yong Ok, KSY's father.
    On pure technical talent, Ko probably has been the best we have produced in history. Ever.
    It's a shame they came around at the wrong time.

22. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Park Ji-Sung's old club Kyoto Sanga and Ehime FC will wear armbands for their J2 match on the 26th in memory of the Sewol ferry victims.

Angel Bear, 12th Warrior and ChaDuRi671 repped this.
  23. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kim Min-Woo (Sagan Tosu) after scoring a goal. They won 3-2 against Nagoya Grampus

[​IMG]

Choi Jung-Han (Oita Trinita) after scoring a goal. Scored a brace. They won 3-0 against Kataller Toyoma.

[​IMG]

24. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yoon Jong-Hwan is now top of the J-League with Sagan Tosu.

Seol Korea and zdrstvte repped this.
  25. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Kim Min-Woo scored his 5th goal of the campaign. Sagan Tosu wins 1-0 and stays 2nd behind Urawa Reds

Han Kook-Young continues to get subbed off early & Oh Jae-Suk (remember him?) is starting to get decent mins. with Gamba Osaka.

wetcrispy repped this.