Korean Youth Players Abroad Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    For Korea?

2. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Angel Bear, jessypjs and killaorca repped this.
  3. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lmao i remember when LSW did a toulon back in (2014? 15?) and they made this insanely detailed scouting report for the guy

4. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    JWY got an assist against Real Madrid u19 for the UEFA youth league. However, they lost 3-2.

Sons of Thunder, Angel Bear and jessypjs repped this.
  5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  6. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Ok I watched the match.
    He's really good at pressing.
    He has good (off the ball) pace, decently fast and with good engine. His dribbling isn't too shabby. He got good crosses for a Korean, he can be dangerous offensively as his shooting is pretty powerful. He tends to aim at the gk though.
    His technical skills are ok.
    His biggest weakness is his lack strength. He's weak and that's really holding him down. If he wants to succeed in Europe he needs to bulk up. I also think he doesn't sync too well with his teammates.
    He wasn't the best in first half but in second half he was their best player. He played as a CFin the first half and a winger as second half. In the second half, he got a Real Madrid player sent out. He then put in a really good cross that led to an assist. 2 good shots on goal, and in the last few minutes he then sends in another good cross but his teammate didn't connect. I think he plays well as a wing type player, he has potential to play as a wingback which he kind of did once in a while though out the game. But again, he needs to bulk up if he wants to play in this role. There's a noticeable difference between the physical strength of him and his teammates.

aeh1991 and Angel Bear repped this.
  7. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I just hope he can have a better career than the other Jung Woo Young ;)
    It'd be interesting to have a true winger, since imo we hadn't had any proper ones since LCY (as I don't really consider LJS, KCH and even SHM as true wingers).

8. cappuccino_kid

Oct 23, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    I've always wondered why Lee Chung Yong didn't add some muscle (I'm avoiding the phrase "bulk up").

1) How important is strength (upper and lower body)? Are there examples of slight players who've been very successful?

2) Is it difficult / impossible to add muscle to certain body types? Would attempting to do so have any adverse impact (e.g., slow you down)?

9. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    he doesnt look anything like a true winger

10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I think strength is important if it means offsetting technical skills/speed. For example, Neymar isn't the most physical player but he has amazing skills and speed. It's hard to catch him without fouling. I think for Jeong Wooyeong it'll be good if he adds some strength/power through muscles. Like he's good at pressing but he's not the best with repossession because he can't unbalance his opponents. Also it might also be useful when he's dribbling if he has more strength. It'll be hard for his opponents to take him down while dribbling. Think Cha Duri.

For the second question. It's not impossible to add muscle if you do resistance training and eat right. I don't know about the other question. I heard it does slow you down but it depends how you train. Olympic style lifting can add power but not make you bulky (hypertrophy).

11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    CanadianGook and chook90 repped this.
  12. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    I really do feel that LKI training with the first team is more of a reward and development purposes than just getting bodies in there. This is definitely a different situation when PSH and LWS trained with the Barca first team. That was more, hey we feel sorry for you and everyone is on international duty.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  13. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  14. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Angel Bear repped this.
  15. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Ferran Torres started for Valencia and he assisted today.
    He's only a year older than LKI.

Angel Bear repped this.
  17. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Don't want to hype him too much like LSW but since LKI doesn't have the FIFA ban to worry about, hopefully he can blossom into the player we all hoped LSW to be. I'd love it if Korea has a Renato Sanches playing for the world cup.

18. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I hope he can be better than him.

chook90 and nmssis repped this.
  19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Lee Kangin came in around 70 mins for their B team.

Angel Bear and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

comes in at 12:34
    14:27 he puts in a good cross but the other guy hits the post
    16:16 he does a skill trick that gets people wilding. they're like OOHHHHHH
    good thing about him is that he doesn't seem flimsy or weak. Good physical foundation especially for his age.

Angel Bear, wetcrispy, skimmilk and 4 others repped this.
  21. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    that move was sweet...and did not get pushed off the ball :thumbsup:

22. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LKI has em reacting like a black crowd :ROFLMAO:

wetcrispy repped this.
  23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Man I can't wait for Lee Kangin and Kim Jungmin duo combo. It's going to be so epic.

24. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Jeong Wooyeong got injured in training and didn't play -_-

Angel Bear repped this.
  25. xavilo

xavilo Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF

He played quite well, Mestalla played the entire 2nd half with 10 players, and the las 10 minutes the game went crazy, and Kangin was everywhere. Also as the game was crazy, up and down, it was a little noticeable that Kangin still needs more physical bottom, at the 3nd long run he did, he looked already dead lol, this is one of the big diffrences between playing youth and professional football, but it's something that he will improve as he plays more matches.

And another thing, do you remember Park Hyeonjun the one who played at Levante a couple years ago?? Well, he appeared this weekend(I lost this track I'm sorry xd), playing with E.San José, he is now in his 2nd year of Cadete(U-15/16), and he scored a great solo goal vs Valencia.

2:41 Great play
    4:35 Goal