Korean Youth Players Abroad Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    edlee1992 repped this.
  3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I keep getting the two valencian area kids confused, but I believe that Mestalla (B team) canned their manager a few weeks ago (IIRC punished for looking at other jobs) and they hired the Juv A manager. So obviously a fair amount of familiarity with LKI. We'll see how persistent this is.

Of course this opens up a third tier Korean derby possibility as they're in same group as PSH's Peralada.

4. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Still He's only 16 so pretty impressive.

5. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    i am not sure if he will actually play tho. LSW and PSH also got picked up for B team several times and didnt play. Diff situation tho.. Let's see how it goes.

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Those guys trained but generally weren’t in squad.

7. cappuccino_kid

Oct 23, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    http://www.superdeporte.es/valencia/2017/12/16/kangin-lee-debutar-hoy-valencia/357560.html

"One of the main attractions of the match will be to see if South Korean debut, Kangin Lee , which opens in the call to supply Ferran Torres , convened by Marcelino to travel to Eibar."

"The club opted to give the reins of the subsidiary to a club man as is the case of Miguel Grau , who is committed to the people below and whose flag is the internal promotion of talent. The Valencian coach trained Kangin in the Juvenile'A' and knows him very well , so he had no doubts to take him to the Mestalla. The new scheme implemented favors it."

8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sons of Thunder and killaorca repped this.
  9. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    So, he didnt play?

10. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    nope

11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Looks like subs got burned up

12. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Is Valencia still owned/partially owned by a Chinese businessperson?

13. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    yeah

chook90 repped this.
  14. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    @chook90

Isn't he Chinese-Singaporean, not Chinese? Big difference, at least that's what the Singaporeans argue.

chook90 and killaorca repped this.
  15. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    They are all the same.

10August2012 repped this.
  16. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I didn't even know the owner was Singaporean. I thought he/she was mainland Chinese.

17. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yea, and the Cardiff owner is Chinese-Malaysian.
    In the end, all Chinese immigrants (hua qiao/hwagyo) in SEA carry out the classic Chinese ethos other than maybe the Indonesian ones, largely due to bloody racial tensions as recent as 1996. There isn't a single Chinatown in Jakarta. Singaporeans and Malaysians are straightup Chinese.

18. xavilo

xavilo Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Hey guys, it's been a while!

So as you know, Kangin was called up to Mestalla's last game, as skimmilk said, Mestalla's new coach is Miguel Grau, former Juvenil A coach in this season, Kangin has been training with Mestalla very often in the past 3-4 weeks, so it seems that the club wants him to start to enter into Mestalla dynamic of work etc...

Also Mestalla is suffering injuries in every line of the squad, so they had been calling a couple of Juvenil players; a note to remind for the future is that only 3 Juvenil players can play at the same time in a game, so in some games, depending of how many players are on the pitch he will have more chances to play or not...

They play again this Thursday against Zaragoza B before the winter break, so is probably that they will call Kangin again since Juvenil don't play until next year.

Back to Juvenil, the team lost 3 weeks ago vs Murcia (3rd in the table), and they were 11 pts behind Atletico, but Atletico lost the last 2 games, Valencia won them, and now they are 5 pts of distance, and after the next game, they play each other, so it will be a cracking game.

Also Kangin scored vs Torre Levante 2 weeks ago(someone already posted the goal) and he also scored yesterday vs Kelme. Also another reminder is that if Kangin is called up to Mestalla but he doesn't play, then he can play with Juvenil in the same weekend.

Goal 4:35

Also I'm going to post his highlights vs Murcia, Valencia play the entire 2nd half with 10 players, they scored with 10 minutes left, but Murcia scored 2 in the last 5, so yikes. Murcia is a very rough team, so they play with great pressure on Valencia players, I think Kangin played quite good, with 10 players he asked for the ball in every play and tried to create something, good to see.

Btw the game was televised nationally, so it was pretty cool to watch him on tv, every Sunday this channel televises the most interesting games of all groups around Spain(mostly derbys), so let's hope we can see the game vs Atletico, I will post the link if that happens.

P.s Sorry for the book I just wrote lol

19. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I appreciate your posts, thank you very much. Best of luck to Valencia and Lee Kang-in

20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Damn Ferran Torres already made his La Liga debut two days ago and he's only 17...I wonder how he compares to Lee Kangin.

21. yahtrickyah

yahtrickyah Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Man LKI's lateral dead-leg / cut move is serious business. He uses it a lot and it consistently jukes defenders, which allows him to float past them.

He also does very well with body positioning when fighting for balls and boxing people out, whether on the ground or in the air.

chook90 repped this.
  22. sogyeokdong

sogyeokdong Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wow Kangin's physicality is looking surprisingly good in the highlight vids. Fights for the ball and is able to withstand control under pressure.

chook90 repped this.
  23. xavilo

xavilo Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Another call for Kangin with Mestalla, they play against the last team of the table, B teams games are usually very open, so I hope Kangin can make his debut today...

24. xavilo

xavilo Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Kangin makes his debut with 10 minutes left! 1-1 on the scoreboard.

25. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    So...how did he play?