Korean Youth Players Abroad Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    We (I thing most will agree) are really glad to have you on board. Yozr detsuled reports about Kangin gives us really big hopes. He's like the chosen one of Korean football that we'd been waiting for.

2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Just saying I don't see Pulisic as the most "comparable" player to LKI. There are so many teenage players nowadays it's becoming a trend. LKI is LKI no need to compare. I also wish he would be a better player than Pulisic but that's just me.

3. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh yeah I totally get what you're saying but with the way things have panned out sometimes (looking at you PSH), you can't scoff at what Pulisic has done as if it's something to be taken for granted.

4. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Didn't "scoff" him. Just don't agree he's the most comparable.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  5. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    thank you xavilo for providing us with these updates.

too many people want LKI to be some savior, there are so many great players around the world even if he turns into a great player that could be top 50 in the world, top 100. He's got a D. Silva/Ozil quality to him. If we somehow got either of those players on our team would we honestly think of them as saviors. Let's enjoy him, it's obvious he'll likely become the best NT team player we have but he can't play RCB, or LCB, or FB. He's definitely special though.

6. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    By "comparable," I was referring to the sum of their on-and-off-the field similarities--position, physical stature, skillset, the trajectory of development in foreign soil, the early high expectations (especially vis-a-vis the national team), and a quick rise into professional ranks, which hasn't happened yet for LKI but seems likely.

I'm sure you're not alone in wishing that LKI will become a better player than Pulisic. But I would be happy enough if at 18 he starts for a top team and has the kind of impact on KNT that Pulisic has on USMNT.

7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    bro he hasn't even played a pro game yet and people are comparing players with him. Who the hell knows what type of player he is, if he's going to be one of the young teenage players playing for a top Euro league then he'll be just that. Like many other players like him.

8. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I can see where you are coming from but what would BSK be without unnecessary, perhaps even wishful musings?

9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Man I hope he can become the next Leon Bailey a 20 years old Jamaican player playing for Bayer and is doing better than Pulisic this season -_-
    Oh I guess there are handful of u20 footballer in the top Euro leagues not named Pulisic :rolleyes:

But all seriousness, if we're talking about wishful musing goes, I hope LKI becomes Rashford, Mbappe, and Dembele calibre player.

10. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #3185 nmssis, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017

Sons of Thunder and Saba Risto repped this.
  11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #3186 skimmilk, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    killaorca and nmssis repped this.
  12. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  13. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    tbh, don't know. seems a promotion though so in general a good thing and maybe non-EU limits on B team?

killaorca repped this.
  14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    AJH with assist back with proper age team

nmssis, killaorca and aeh1991 repped this.
  15. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    It seems like Jeong wooyoung is training with Bayern now.

16. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Fking James Rodrigues better leave him alone.

17. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    ?

Tbh, I doubt he'll make it to the first team. From what I've seen from him in u19, I don't think he's that great. Hopefully he makes it to some other Bundesliga team.

18. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    He's still training with the first team.. I believe.

19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Really?
    I'm only basing this off on his instagram posts and stories. He's in Bayern for sure and doing some training.

20. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Well, that's what I thought lol. I could be wrong.

21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Making it into Bayerns first team from the youth is almost impossible. But never say never. I also hope he ends up with another Bundesliga club tho.

chook90 repped this.
  22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Ok so I checked transfermarkt:
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-bayern-munchen-u19/alletransfers/verein/1462
    and I realized that most of the players that transferred to Bayern Munich U19 in the last 10 years failed as footballers. Like they are not even pro players nevermind making it to Bayern Munich first team. Like 15 of them transferred to Bayern Munich u19 and only 2 of them panned out as pros: Kevin Friesenbichler and David Alaba.

Kevin is a 23 years old player for Austria Wien and he's doing pretty well for himself.
    Alaba is Alaba, we all know Alaba.

Good news is Kevin and David were the only players that transferred with a fee like JWY. Kevin went with 500K Euro and Alaba went with 150K Euro. Also JWY is the second most expensive player for Bayern Munich u19 with 700K after Toni Kroos (2.3M Euro during 06/07 season). So hopefully Bayern will try to develop him. He's going to make 200K salary as well.

If you think they he's worth more than Alaba, you have to realize that Alaba went to U19 team when he was 16 and got promoted to their second team the year after.

Also I don't think he's good enough to play for Bayern from what I've seen and I don't think his offensive skills are good enough. But I do think he has the potential to be a decent wingback for a European team. Hopefully Bayern might go with that direction with his development. But again, if he doesn't pan out at least he made some good money while he was young and if the contract is decently lengthy then he's set for life. I'll kill to make that kind of money when I was 18, seriously.

Angel Bear repped this.
  23. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    How's BSH doing recently? Is he still a regular starter in the 2nd team?

24. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    yup, been starting basically every match in the third division...

LeeSeungWoo and DHMGKorea repped this.