Korean Youth Players Abroad Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    The rule is essentially in place for someone that isn't a national of that country but because his or her parent/s moved their for work they literally had to join that particular academy because of the distance, like they had no other choice type of deal. Not for someone that had talent elsewhere and got scouted and THEN the family decided to move to that country.

Do you see the difference? LKI definitely is not the 1st category. His parents didn't emigrate to Spain and then by mere chance the kid had football talent. He was scouted outside of Spain and then moved there. That is a violation of the exact rule you just quoted. I'd wager most of if not all the youth were scouted beforehand.

2. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #3152 takeuchi, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    o_O:rolleyes:

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/af...e_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

here is the actual stated word from fifa

Or the parents obtained visa & legitimate job not linked to football before the kid "officially" signs for the EU club. In this instance, even if the kid was "scouted" beforehand.... good chance he can continue to play w/ the EU club.

Ben Lederman & his family didn't meet the requirement as the NYTimes article points out (no working visa, football related job). Again, I have no idea if Lee KI & his family moved hastily or whatnot but good possibility they are also prepared in their paperwork (w/ the help of Valencia & good lawyers of course) as I'm sure they followed Barca kids case closely.

edit - btw, again.. my initial question was on Jae Woo of CD Roda since he plays for affiliate/satellite club of Villarreal.

3. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    once again you prove you are impossible...

1. In order for a player to transfer or join a club FIFA needs to approve the transaction, common sense should be that the paperwork/visa should be proven/presented to them before the kid is allowed to join? That would solve most of the problem before it happens.

It's like being allowed to take courses at university before admissions goes through your application. Your parent's should present a work visa, birth certificate, any additional documents from the club, then Fifa would review and either accept/deny them to transfer.

2. If getting around this rule was as easy as just getting a non football work visa & fifa didn't care if you got it after you joined the academy then your kidding yourself if you think the clubs/families wouldn't have found a way around it. Any 16 year old could have one parent enter into a 2 year graduate program at a local college or get a work visa teaching english,etc.

3. This is the main point: are you disagreeing with me that the main path/dream for a Korean footballer has now changed? Getting recruited at 13 and going to Europe is now looking like a dead end so Korea/Japan need to start looking more inward for growth. If you don't agree with me on this then we're going in circles.

4. You seem to have a hard on for Jae Woo, i'd work on that if I were you.

4. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #3154 takeuchi, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    Once again, you are only focused on your agenda.

The current investigations are ongoing because FIFA neglected the rule & approved majority of these "transactions" in the 1st place. Also, how do you think the Japanese kid... who moved at 9 w/ his mom to Spain, investigated by FIFA at 11/12 when Real Madrid were investigated but escape the ban unlike Lee SW, Takefusa Kubo and etc??

As for your "main point", I really don't care. Agree or not, that wasn't the main issue I brought up nor do I want to broaden the argument.

edit - and no, getting working visa & legitimate job not related to football isn't simple. an admission to 2 yr community college wouldn't work.

edit #2 - btw, here is another stupid loophole.

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    jessypjs, aeh1991, nmssis and 1 other person repped this.
  6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LKI scores and fills highlights as usual.

PacMan, aeh1991, nmssis and 1 other person repped this.
  7. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kangin, the last jedi....

aeh1991 repped this.
  8. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    16 years old and already the top scorer for league so far ;)

Already doing better than Lee Seungwoo when he was playing Division de Honor Juvenil ;) . jkjk I know different circumstance.

edlee1992 repped this.
  9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #3159 aeh1991, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    As soon as he gets playing time on professional level, we should build our NT around him and LSW -> Complete restart after 2018

of course then with a competent NT manager and all the old fckers from KFA gone and replaced with people who care for Korean football

edit: but I guess he'll play U20/23 first... :/

10. xavilo

xavilo Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Hey guys, so it's been a 3 game week for Juvenil A, last weekend 1-1 vs Albacete, they lost 3-1 on Wednesday vs Roda, and this past Sunday they won 4-2 vs Elche, quite a bad week for the team, now they are 6 pts behind Atletico C, so they have to play better.

Kangin played well the last game with a good assist and a couple of good plays. Also today he took a plane to Seoul, he is going to play the Qualification for the U-19 Asia Championship, so he is going to be gone for a while, I hope we can watch his games with South Korea tho

Assist-> 2:58

11. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    This guy is really good...

12. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    So excited to see him play for the KNT for the first time. I don't care if it's against shitty teams I just want to know if he can perform.
    Hopefully he pulls a LSW or even better. I think he's more prepared than LSW.

13. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    skimmilk repped this.
  14. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  15. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    with LKI dominating playing up with only adult levels above, no surprise his agent might agitate for something near a first-team type deal.

killaorca repped this.
  16. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Given the recent development (general development of football system) and his status in his team, I wouldn't be surprised if he debuts soon (maybe in one year?) Players like Mbappe, Isak, Dembele, Donnaruma, Crutone, Kean, De Ligt, Thill, etc all debuted at a very young age.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  17. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    ...n Nam TaeHee ;)

18. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    yeah... sorta :D

nmssis repped this.
  19. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    And Christian Pulisic, who is the most comparable player that I can think of.

aeh1991 repped this.
  20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    lol k.

21. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ?? If LKI can replicate Pulisic’s success in a top tier league I would be pretty happy. Shit on the USoAMNST all you want but Pulisic plays and scores for a top team in a top league.

22. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Carlos Soler (also Valencia player) debuted at the age of 18. So if things go well, we need to wait 2 years at max :)

23. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    keep this up n bulk up....then next year

24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    also Jose Gaya was 17 and Santi Mina 18 when they debuted. Of course they needed to wait until becoming somewhat of a squad member, but we shouldn't expect too much as well. Just to debut would be a fantastic thing. I think next season he'll play Valencia B and then it's only a matter of time until his debut.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  25. xavilo

xavilo Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    The date in the article is from today, but the article itself is from March 1st, so I don't know, maybe the web editors got confused or something, but nothing has happened lol

I think he is going to play some games with Valencia B in the second round of the league in the next months, and I'm sure next season he will start training with the first team, so he is almost knocking the door already.

P.S Also, now that Kangin is with the NT, Spain will play Saturday the final of the U17 WC, Kangin has a few friends(apart from the VCF boys) in that team, like Barça`s Sergio Gomez, Villarreal's Nacho Diaz or City's Eric Garcia(future Piqué), hoping they all can meet at the U20 WC in 2 years lol